• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Puts her book down and carefully looks around the tavern. "This reeks of epic trouble. . . "

[Sblock=Block of Bell]Bell Jabson, Shardar-Kai Bard 8 ()
Init: +5; PI 17, PP 17; low-light vision
HP: 60/60, B 30; Surge 15 hp, 8/8
AC 24, F 18, R 23, W 21
Saves: +2 Racial bonus against the unconscious condition; +2 to all death saving throws
Speed 6; AP: 1

Skills: Acrobatics 10, Arcana 15, Athletics 7, Bluff 12, Diplomacy 13, Dungeoneering 8, Endurance 8, Heal 7, History 15, Insight 7, Intimidate 12, Nature 8, Perception 7, Religion 15, Stealth 10, Streetwise 13, Thievery 8(10)
Languages: Allarian, Imperia, Tsugo, Magari, Draconic, Hzakan, Old Allarian, Silentus, (Read Any)
Rituals: Arcane Mark (Arcana), Amanuensis (Arcana), Battlefield Elocution (Arcana or Religion), Brew Potion (Arcana or Religion), Comprehend Language (Arcana), Disenchant Magic Item (Arcana), Enchant Magic Item (Arcane or Nature), Endure Elements (Arcana or Nature), Eye of Alarm (Arcana), Glib Limerick (Arcana), Purify Water (Arcana, Nature or Religion), Raise Dead (Heal), Silence (Arcana), Tenser's Floating Disk (Arcana)

Powers
Guiding Strike, Staggering Note, Deep Pocket Cloak
Focussed Sound, Dissonant Strain, Hypnotism, Insightful Warning, Theft of Life, Shadow Jaunt, Majestic Word 2/2, Words of Friendship, Second Wind
Stirring Shout, Song of Defense, Satire of Bravery, Swordmage Warding, Harmonic Songblade +2, Philosopher's Crown, Onyx Dog Summon

Trigger (An enemy adjacent to Shard attacks Bell)
Bite (Standard; At-Will); +7 vs AC; 1d6+3
[/sblock]

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Damen raises his eyebrow at the sudden commotion then grins. Looks fun, Pheonix.
OOC: Couldn't get color to work on the sheet from my iPad.
[sblock=Damen]Damen Bane—Male Drow Outlaw Thief 8
Initiative: +16, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 23, Fort: 17, Reflex: 24 Will: 20 — Speed: 6
HP: 59/59, Bloodied: 29, Surge: 14, Surges left: 7/7
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0
Powers -
Ambush Trick
Feinting Trick
Sneak's Trick
Tactical Trick

Backstab x2
Surprise Strike
Cloud of Darkness
Agile Footwork
Cunning Escape
Slip Aside

Shadowdance Armor +1 (daily)
Boltshard Hand Crossbow +2 (daily)
3 Healing Potions
Potion of Eladrin Shape
Lesser Elixir of Invisiblity

Damen Bane - http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Damen_Bane_(stonegod)[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Jarel-karn unsheet his sword. "When will they ever learn. Don't mess with an adventurer in the Hanged Man, or you mess with all of us."

[SBLOCK=Immediat Interrupt]Jarel-karn have many immediate action. I'll list in this SBLOCK the immediate action Jarel-karn will do in order of importance. Take the first trigger that happens during the round. If many happen at once, take the first in the list.

1) Trigger: A marked enemy hit any ally within 10 squares Power: Aegis of Shielding Effect: Close Burst 10; -10 damage to triggering attack.

2) Trigger: An enemy hit in melee any ally within 5 squares, is within 5 squares of another enemy and Jarel-karn is not in melee against a melee enemy. Power: Dimensional Vortex Effect: Ranged 5; +12 vs. Will against triggering enemy. If hit, you teleport the target 5 squares next to an enemy. The target make his melee attack against the most damaged enemy and do an extra 5 damages if it is marked by Jarel-karn. If there is no target valid, he expend the attack.

3) Trigger: An enemy hit any non-defender ally within 10 squares or Jarel-karn Power: Channeling Shield Effect: Close Burst 10; You reduce the damage by 10 from the triggering attack. You next successful attack you make before the end of your next turn will do 5 more damage.

4) Trigger: An enemy hit in melee any non-defender ally within 2 squares Power: Guardian's Counter Effect: You and your ally shift up to 2 squares as a free action, swapping position. You become the target of the triggering attack, in place of the ally. After the attack is resolved, you can make a basic attack against the attacker. (+15 vs AC 1d8+7 damage) [/SBLOCK]

[Sblock=Jarel-karn]Jarel-karn
Genasi Swordmage 9
Initiative +5
Passive Insight 15; Passive Perception 15; Normal Vision
HP 83/83; THP 0; Bloodied 41; Surge-Value 21; Surges Per-Day 13/13
AC 27; Fortitude 22; Reflex 21; Will 19
Speed 6
Action Points: 1

Current Effects: None

Basic Attack: Runic Longsword +15 vs AC 1d8+7 damage

Skills: Arcana +14, Athletic +9, Endurence +18, Intimidate +10, Insight +5, Nature +5, Perception +5
Languages: Common, Tsugo

Powers
[ ]Aegis of Shielding
[ ]Booming Blade
[ ]Ligthning Lure

[ ]Promise Storm
[ ]Guardian Counter
[ ]Ligthning Clash
[ ]Dimensional Vortex
[ ]Echoes of Sword Magic
[ ]Channeling Shield
[ ]Armathor's Step

[ ]Dimensional Thunder
[ ]Lingering Ligthning
[ ]Blade Bolt

[ ]Leather Armor of Aegis Expansion +2 [E]
[ ]Periapt of Cascading Health [E]
[ ]Warded Vambraces [E]
[ ]Boots of Fencing Master [E]
[ ]Corellon's Boon of Arcane Might [Sword Burst] [E]
[ ]Corellon's Boon of Arcane Might [Dual Lightning Strike] [D]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
"Truly," Phoenix says with a nods Damen and walks over towards the newcomer. Ghostly flames flicker about her, indicating her curiosity. She doesn't even seem to notice the riled-up tavern denizens.

"Hello Ryan... and Randal. You two look like you have an interesting story to tell. I'm in-between hunts at the moment and could stand to hear such a story." She has a seat at the table and motions for a fresh drink from the bartender, idly burning doodles into the surface of the table with her finger.

OOC: @Karlowitch , probably one of the most interesting character intros I've seen. Also, you won't be disappointed with a BV Fighter. My character Sir Exsixten is one and they're almost impossible to put down... like one combat where he took 25 of the enemy's 30 attacks at the cost of 3 healing surges and still dished out a couple hundred points of damage...

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Vimak Stonecarver, Goliath Runepriest 8

Vimak only readies his weapon, but is taking no direct actions.
He isn't sure what the test will exactly be. Curious, he looks at the statues' arms and armors and if they match anyone inside the tavern.

[sblock=ooc]
finished but not sent for approval, yet, but I was afraid to miss the recruitment.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Vimak Stonecarver
Perception: 16 Insight: 21 Normal Vision
AC 25 Fortitude 21 Reflex 19 Will 21
Initiative: +6
Hit Points: 65 / 65 Bloodied: 32
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw:
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:16 Surges per day: 11 / 11
At-Will Powers: Word of Diminishment, Word of Binding
Encounter Powers: Rune of Mending 2/2, Stone’s Endurance, Walk it Off, Flames of Purity, Symbol of Wrath Reversed, Word of Befuddlement
Daily Powers: Rune of Endless Fire, Shield of Sacrifice, Cage of Light

Condition:

WoD (Destruction)
W3 gains vulnerability all 2 (but 5 vs OAs) until next round

RUNESTATE: DESTRUCTION
- adjacent allies gain +1 to attacks vs enemies adjacent to Vimak (none)

Battle Wrath
Vimak deals 4 extra damage to enemies who hit him in the previous round.

Runestate (Protection)
adjacent allies have resist all 2

[sblock=Dread Weapon]
Critical: +1d6 damage per plus, and the target takes the weapon’s enhancement bonus as a penalty to defenses and checks until the end of your next turn.
Power (Daily ✦ Fear): Free Action. Use this power when you hit with this weapon. The target takes the weapon’s enhancement bonus as a penalty to defenses and checks until the end of your next turn.
[/sblock]

[/sblock][/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post
Skalisss rises out of his chair, pulls out his shield, and draws his sword.

"I don't know what thisss tessst isss, but no one will come to harm while I draw breath" he challenges.

[SBLOCK=Actions]
Move Action: Stand

Minor Action: Equip Shield

Minor Action: Draw sword

[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Skalisss' Stat Block]
Skalisss- Male Dragonborn Paladin (Natural Humanoid) 8 CharacterSheet
Initiative: +8 Senses: Normal P-Perception: 16 P-Insight: 21
HP: 80/80 SurgeValue: 21 Surges: 11/11
AC:26 Fort:22 Reflex:19 Will:22

Action Points: not used Second Wind: not used Resist: none Speed:5 Conditions: none BasicAttack: - "Inescapable Longsword", +16 to Hit vs AC, 1d8+12 damage BasicRangedAttack: - Javelin, +12 to Hit vs AC, 1d6+6 damage, range 10/20

[SBLOCK=Powers]
Valiant Strike
Bolstering Strike
Divine Challenge
Piercing Smite
Righteous Smite
Divine Reverence
Dragon Breath
Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle
Channel Divinity: Divine Strength
Lay on Hands x2
Healing Word
Paladin's Judgement
Sacred Circle
Healing Surge from Dwarven Plate Armor
Martyr's Retribution
Wrath of the Gods
Crown of Glory
[/SBLOCK]

http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Skalisss_(jryoung)
[/SBLOCK]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
The Mark of Trogdor continues...

As the party gathers around at a table in the back the door blows open and a humanoid figure cloaked in shadows appears, seemingly out of nowhere. The figure stands before Rocco in a monotone voice.

Rocco Shadowlost, I am a messenger. You know the price for what you ask. Prepare yourself now dwarf as the lord of shadows, pain and revenge only excepts those who are worthy.

OOC: Not to be picky, but Queen of the Dead is, you know, Queen (female) :)

Rocco gets up unsheathing his secondary weapon.
"I expected some response earlier. This is not a good place. All these people will jump all over the fight. And besides, we might wreck this fine establishment. Maybe we could take it in the backstreets or some pocket of shadow close by? There is a portal leading away from here somewhere. But if you insist, by all means. Have at me!"

Rocco starts his spinning dance, very slowly whirling his weapons and moving like in the water, fluidly stepping, turning, but staying in one place. He waits for the shadows response.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: T13
Standard: Ready Echoing Assault vs Half elf statue on first sign of hostility instead of moving +14 vs AC Hit: 2d8+13
[/sblock]

Nementah gets up, drawing her totem and calling out.
"Primera, guard Rocco!"

In response, white horse shimmers into being between the dwarf and the bar. Looking again, it has a horn on it's forehead. A unicorn!

[sblock=Actions]
Move: stand up
Minor: draw totem
Minor: summon Primera in U13

[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Quan, still standing silently next to the table, fluidly and silently strings his bow. The movement looks smooth and flawless as if he had done it a thousand times before. The bow ready, he waits.

[sblock=actions]
Standard: ready bow
Repositioned him on map to where he was standing
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]"Quan" Thatcher- Male Human Hunter 8
Initiative: +9, Passive perception: 22, Passive Insight: 17
AC: 22, For: 19, Ref: 23, Will: 22
HP: 60/60, Bloodied: 30, Surge value: 15, Surges/day: 7/7
Speed: 6 squares, Languages: Allarian, Goblin AP: 1, Second Wind: unused

Powers: Aimed Shot, Clever Shot, Rapid Shot
Disruptive Shot [1] [2] [3], Reactive Shift, Assassin's Shroud [1] [2]
Healing Lore, Entangling Roots[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
A rotund dwarf wearing garish orange armour slips into the tavern and sidles up the bar. "The usual!" he calls to the bartender.

"Here ya go, 7 Rabbit," says the barkeep, sliding him an exotic fruity concoction. "Haven't taken off on your quest yet, huh?"

"I keep getting sidetracked with responsibilities," says Rabbit sheepishly. "Taking care of my brother, organizing ventures with the IAC, and then I took on an apprentice! There's so much going on around here that it's hard to remember that the world is at stake sometimes."

There's a murmur of agreement from the patrons around him, who are only half listening, paying more attention to the contest in the center of the room.

"But, 6 Eagle is stabilized, my paperwork for the IAC's latest acquisition is all finished, and Artemis is doing fine on his own now in his new calling. It's time for me to get back out and find some adventuring companions! It's been months since I've done any questing of my own!"

A few of the nearby drinkers clink Rabbit's glass in a toast. He sips his drink and settles back to scan the tavern, looking for anyone he knows. He soon starts paying attention solely to the contest, though. "Those are interesting people. Better keep an eye on them," he thinks, but he only watches closely rather than participating.

[sblock=OOC]
7 Rabbit, level 5 Dwarf Warlock, ready to go
[/sblock]

Remove ads