• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

VanderLegion

First Post
Sha'kar stumbles into the tavern, looking exhausted and dripping water in a puddle on the floor as he stands in the entrance for a moment to let his eyes adjust. He looks to the bartender. I could use some hot food and strong ale in just a moment," he says, then walks upstairs to change into some dry clothes. Upon return he walks over to the bar to retrieve his food and drink, then joins Ignatz at his table. "That was quite the experience. Hopefully wherever I end up next there won't be sharks..."

VanderLegion

First Post
Sha'kar raises his mug as well, then takes a long drink, then starts in on the food.

OOC: Just realized I never added Sha'kar to the Approval Requests page after the character approval process changed, so I just went nad got him on there.

Without any suddenness or grandeur, the doors to the Hanged Man Tavern open and then close behind a well dressed human male in what looks like a courtier's outfit (but without all of the frilly bits).

"I have been told that this is the place to come for adventuring, yes?"

The bartender looks over at the simple dandy and frowns a bit, wondering how it continues to be that people don't know to say their names if they're looking to stay here waiting for work.

"If you're looking for work, then say your name."

The human nods once. "Of course, my name is Cadalis Shore and...oh, oh...wait a moment, you think that I am an adventurer...no no no no, I am but a messenger. I do no soil these hands with dirty work. As it is, this place's...rustic charm shall we say, is enough to make want to run home. But alas, my orders come from higher in the order."

Cadalis looks around him with a disapproving sneer on his face and looks himself over to make sure that his clothing hasn't been soiled while standing there. Finding a piece of odd lint on his jacket, he picks it off and flicks it away in annoyance.

Clearing his throat, he looks around the Hanged Man to see what kind of patrons were present.

"My, but this place is rather full for such a dive," he says, noticing that the bartender was used to such comments and simply ignoring him. "Anyway, as I stated before, I am Cadalis Shore, servant to a ranking member within the Institute for Arcane Cyphers and I come seeking adventurers to complete a simple task. The IAC is willing to pay handsomely for this job, but it does need to be completed soon and with complete discretion. I will be sitting over at that table," he continues, pointing to one of the cleaner tables near the entrance, "if any of your are interested."

OOC: Yay! My adventure was submitted and approved! This is an adventure for 6 (yes six) level 3 adventurers (I am willing to take anyone from lvl 1 to 4 however). First characters have priority. Let me know who wants in!

Son of Meepo

First Post
The Deva turns her head and then walks over to Cadalis' table.

"Though I have just returned from adventure, my mission is to experience as much of the world as possible and record my deeds for posterity. Thus I would be willing to join.

My name is Dina, Scholar of War in service to Wise Mireva.

The deva hesitates for a second however. This is, if you don't mind waiting a moment for a package to arrive."

OOC: Dina, Deva hybrid Artificer|Warlord (multiclass Invoker) currently needs a senior review for level 1 so that she can claim her rewards for her last adventure and then she will be level 3.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Ignatz wants in, naturally!

When Cadalis Shore has said his piece, Ignatz hops up from his seat, which clatters loudly to the floor. He closes the distance between himself and the snooty bondsman with one stride and puts an arm around Shore's shoulders before the man can slip away. "Hoo boy, meester, Hy'z glad hyu'z here," Ignatz says. His fanged grin is inches away from Cladalis' face. Ignatz may have very pleasant breath, but honestly it's very unlikely. "Vhen money like hyu vants to pay beeg for somethingk, and dey say 'Oh, iz simple,' dot means it vill be dangerous, or dey is lyink- and money like hyu is usually too proud to lie to scum like us, yez? So, hy tink dis sounds like my kind of vork."

Ignatz lets go, ruffling the man's hair as he turns to the bar. "Dina, Corragan, hyu guyz iz coming vit me, ya?"

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: Ignatz wants in, naturally!

When Cadalis Shore has said his piece, Ignatz hops up from his seat, which clatters loudly to the floor. He closes the distance between himself and the snooty bondsman with one stride and puts an arm around Shore's shoulders before the man can slip away. "Hoo boy, meester, Hy'z glad hyu'z here," Ignatz says. His fanged grin is inches away from Cladalis' face. Ignatz may have very pleasant breath, but honestly it's very unlikely. "Vhen money like hyu vants to pay beeg for somethingk, and dey say 'Oh, iz simple,' dot means it vill be dangerous, or dey is lyink- and money like hyu is usually too proud to lie to scum like us, yez? So, hy tink dis sounds like my kind of vork."

Ignatz lets go, ruffling the man's hair as he turns to the bar. "Dina, Corragan, hyu guyz iz coming vit me, ya?"

Sha'kar also stands and makes his way over to Shore, following Ignatz at a somewhat slower pace. "As he says, in my experience a 'simple task' is never anything of the sort. What sort of task do you need performed?"

OOC: Count me in, level 3 Artificer (as soon as I get my level 1 senior approval so I can level up, same as Dina)

jbear

First Post
The Cursed One turns his head as the man calls out his name and request. Sneering at the mans sneer he turns back as if to ignore the man whan suddenly his bar stool flies out from beneath him as though someone had kicked it and skitters loudly over the floor to end its roll near the same man. Amazingly The Cursed One does not plummet to the ground in heap, but twists with a deceptive dexteriy for such a heavily armoured man and catches himself lowered to one knee. With a grimace he stands to hes feet with the noisy screeching of heavy armour.

"I bow to your infinite wisdom."

The Cursed One walks over to Cadalis' table where the other adventurer's are forming andtakes a seat grabbing the chair first so as to ensure that he not be caught by such a trick twice.

"At your service, Ser Shore."

OOC: The Cursed One lvl 1 hybrid Paladin/Warlock ready and willing. I had said I was interested in the adventure with Kruor, but I've heard nothing since. And TCO has no motivation to turn done a job or await for an adventure to arise with Kruor. Actually he wants little to do with such a creature ... Maybe in the future :)

Remove ads