• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: The approval process changed. Hmm..must of missed that. Can someone point me to the right link so that I may read it? Please. Just can't seem to find it.

OOC: The proposal thread was here. Basically, you add your character to this page now on the wiki when you need approval.

Also, thanks for the approval WEContact. Now to go update it with my level 3 stuff and start looking for new approvals :).

The foppish human nods at The Cursed one.

"Hmmm, with a name such as that, I cannot imagine that success would be inevitable to the group...but it is not my job to judge ones talents, only to hire them. Thank you. I will be needing just one more," he says to the patrons of the tavern.

When the druid walks toward him, he is about to write down her description, however, this is the exact time when Cadalis is confronted by one that looks much like his identical twin.

Cadalis stands up, gazing fiercely at his doppelganger. Looking down at the man wearing simple fare that matches his own, he promptly walks over and produces a small scroll. Whipping it open, Cadalis clears his throat.

"If it pleases this charlatan before me, I believe the ruffian phrase around the gambling tables is "Read them and weep"?" Cadalis has the wicked, sneering smirk of one who knows he is right.

The scroll, bearing the seal of approval from one Sebastian Igor and another from Gunter Brunt, Mayor of Daunton, legitimizes the IAC (The Institute for Arcane Cyphers) and names Cadalis Shore as a member.

"Now, if you continue wishing to seek the inevitably unhelpful assistance of the Daunton guards, feel free. However, I cannot possibly imagine that they would be of any help to your case, as I have legitimate documentation of my station. Now move on, or I shall forget that replication is the highest form of flattery."

Moving back to his table and ignoring the real imposter, Cadalis continues his recruitment.

Corragan watches all of his new friends get up from the table and head over to see Caldalis. He shrugs, picks up the still half-full beer glass he has, and walks over to join them.

"I'm Corragan. What's this all about?"
"I am recruiting adventurers for an expedition to retrieve an object wanted by the IAC. We will be traveling by boat. Will you be joining or staying?"

OOC: First, @Neurotic , Thanks for that. It was fun being able to make Cadalis act like even more of a jerk than I had originally planned him to be. Good times! ;)

Second, It looks like this boat is officially full! I have:
OOC:
OOC:
- Dina (soon to be) lvl 3 Hybrid Artificer|Warlord
- Ignatz lvl 3 Barbarian
- Sha'Kar lvl 3 Artificer
- The Cursed One lvl 1 Hybrid Paladin|Warlock
- Corragan lvl 3 Druid
- ***Reserved Spot for @TheUltramark ***

I still need @TheUltramark to get in contact with me so that I know for sure that he wants to join and so that I can get character details. I'll give him 48 hours to do so while I get my first adventure post in order (will edit this post once I open the adventure thread).

Last edited:

OOC: The approval process changed. Hmm..must of missed that. Can someone point me to the right link so that I may read it? Please. Just can't seem to find it.

OOC: Darksteed, all you need to do is click HERE and edit the page to include your character(s) information. Then reviewers can take a look at the characters in the order they were submitted.

VanderLegion

First Post
The scroll, bearing the seal of approval from one Sebastian Igor and another from Gunter Brunt, Mayor of Daunton, legitimizes the IAC (The Institute for Arcane Cyphers) and names Cadalis Shore as a member.[/ooc]

"May I see that?" Sha'kar asks, indicating the scroll. He scrutinizes it for a minute, then nods and hands it back. "Everything looks to be in order," he says. "May I ask what object you wish us to retrieve, and why?"

OOC: [MENTION=6684473]CrimsonFlameWielder[/MENTION]: I def want in on the adventure, just roleplaying my character trying to find out as much as he can before it starts :) I'll try to get my wiki page updated for level 3 tonight (at work atm).

Medina

Explorer

"I am recruiting adventurers for an expedition to retrieve an object wanted by the IAC. We will be traveling by boat. Will you be joining or staying?"

Corragan looks confused as the second Cadalis enters the bar, and looks between the two. When Sha'kar confirms the paperwork, he looks back at the original Cadalis.

"I don't really care whether you are who you say you are. I do care if you're some trickster trying to take advantages of kind folk trying to help though. I'm in, but if you are trying to shaft us, think twice, friend. Now, what are we looking for?"

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Before we include TCO we should wait and see how [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] answers [MENTION=84680]treex[/MENTION]'s request to keep TCO in the Kruor adventure.

When Ignatz places his arm around Cadalis, the fop's eyes widen in surprise, but when Ignatz places his face not but inches away from his own, Cadalis recoils, falling back and tipping his chair over, which causes him to let out a rather girly scream.

"Ahhh! Oh gods, but your breath! It's like the fetid gym socks of an ogre! Don't touch me and I'll include you...just...stand over there...please." he begs, standing up, rubbing the bump on his head, and then pointing over to a spot a few tables away.

Ignatz guffaws appreciately, but ignores the nobleman's directions. "So, vhat's on diz island dot hyu kent go fetch diz ting hyuself? An' vhat kind of ting iz it?" His eyes are alight with curiosity- as he's not purposely baiting the man this time, he's also not invading his personal space. He likes guessing games. "Iz it alive or not alive? Ken I fit it in my pocket? Vill it break if I drop it?" He glances over at the imposter barging into the tavern, and his eyebrows wrestle one another as his brow furrows. Once the situation's resolved, however, he dismisses it entirely as just another of this place's many quirks.

"May I see that?" Sha'kar asks, indicating the scroll. He scrutinizes it for a minute, then nods and hands it back. "Everything looks to be in order," he says. "May I ask what object you wish us to retrieve, and why?"

OOC: @CrimsonFlameWielder : I def want in on the adventure, just roleplaying my character trying to find out as much as he can before it starts :) I'll try to get my wiki page updated for level 3 tonight (at work atm).

Corragan looks confused as the second Cadalis enters the bar, and looks between the two. When Sha'kar confirms the paperwork, he looks back at the original Cadalis.

"I don't really care whether you are who you say you are. I do care if you're some trickster trying to take advantages of kind folk trying to help though. I'm in, but if you are trying to shaft us, think twice, friend. Now, what are we looking for?"

OOC: Before we include TCO we should wait and see how @jbear answers @treex 's request to keep TCO in the Kruor adventure.

Ignatz guffaws appreciately, but ignores the nobleman's directions. "So, vhat's on diz island dot hyu kent go fetch diz ting hyuself? An' vhat kind of ting iz it?" His eyes are alight with curiosity- as he's not purposely baiting the man this time, he's also not invading his personal space. He likes guessing games. "Iz it alive or not alive? Ken I fit it in my pocket? Vill it break if I drop it?" He glances over at the imposter barging into the tavern, and his eyebrows wrestle one another as his brow furrows. Once the situation's resolved, however, he dismisses it entirely as just another of this place's many quirks.

Finding himself bombarded by attention and questions, his mind does the only thing it can: spew out answers as quickly as he can, in the order it processes questions.

"Yes you may, and because my master wants to keep it safe. You're looking for a particular sphere, but I'd rather relegate details to a more private setting and only to those who are contracted to work for the IAC. We'll get to that soon."

To Ignatz, he only gives single word answers to the barbarians' flurry of inquiries:

"Neither, no, maybe."

WEContact

First Post
Ignatz enjoys watching the man return the volley of questions with his barrage of answers. He claps the man's shoulder companionably (though the force of the blow makes the smaller man's knees quiver) and says, "Hyu'z not so bad! Fonny man! Hy vill vait over dere. Dina, be shore hyu all don't set sail vitout Ignatz, hokay sveethot?" with a grin and a roguish wink at the deva, Ignatz settles back down with his drink, boots propped up on the same table where he had been when the messenger entered.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Dina looks over toward the half-orc and gives a deadpan response. "Of course. Why would we leave without you?"

OOC: So how many adventures does Dina have to travel with Ignatz before I have to declare Ignatz as one of my weapons on my character sheet?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads