• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Son of Meepo

First Post
Wat, slightly inebriated finds something humorous in the old salt's story as he overhears it. Or maybe it's just the strange accent this dragonborn speaks with, but he can't help himself and a small chuckle escapes.

"Pirates 'eh? So I guess what they say is true, no honor among thieves and all that. So what are you planning to do when he arrives? Open battle in the streets?"

Wat continues sipping his drink.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Brastrix looks slightly annoyed, but addresses the half-elf anyway. Placing his open palm on his chest mockingly as if offended by unfair words, "We, in the business, prefer the term, 'Men of Fortune'," he pauses to let the phrase take effect. Then he continues, "and as for my plans once Rhagast shows his ugly face, I'm not at liberty to tell right now, but let's just say that I'm not alone."

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
From farther back in the tavern, Haruka looks up from her drink at the "Man of Fortune." "Pardon me for interrupting," the young woman calls out, "but how did this Rhagast manage to steal from you if you are, as you claim, 'never wrong.'" She smiles insincerely, "I hope your plan is as good as you think; it would be embarrassing if he beats you again."

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Phoenix quickly glances at and dismisses Brastrix when he first enters, enjoying another drought of her free drink.

Then he continues, "and as for my plans once Rhagast shows his ugly face, I'm not at liberty to tell right now, but let's just say that I'm not alone."

The clay mug clatters on the stones of the floor unnoticed as she hears Rhagast's name, however.

Patrons scramble and curse to get out of her way as she erupts into real flame, passing like a burning meteor through the tavern and leaving singed hair, clothing, and smoldering rushes in her wake.

Her eyes literally blaze, a red smoldering ember forming in her blank eye as she seizes Brastrix' collar, which quickly begins to smoke. Her voice comes out harsh and ragged. "Rhagast, you know where he is? You are definitely not alone, but consider yourself now at liberty to tell."

She releases him roughly, the flames engulfing her losing most of their heat but little of their intensity as she waits for his reply.

CaBaNa

First Post
Oh my! says Gil, standing from his seat in preparation for a possible battle. We just got out of the arena, I'm done fighting in cramped quarters for little reward. Don't just sit there Lerrick, get behind Artemis, like me...

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis stands, indeed putting himself between the pyromancer with her dragonborn pirate and his friends, Gil, Max and Lerrick.

"Listen," he smiles, "There is a way we can work this out, right?"

As friendly as the words sound, he does not hide that he has placed his hand on his heavy iron rod at his side.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Brastrix doesn't miss a beat. Hoisting his empty tankard in a mock toast, he smiles, "Ah, my lovely lady! Might I be so bold as to inquire about your name," before she can answer he speaks again, "Oh. Wait, wait. You must be the one they call The Phoenix. I've heard the locals hear telling stories about you, and I must say that their descriptions of your beauty pale in comparison to what I see before me now," he rubs his neck, still stinging from her searing grip, "but they were quite accurate as to your stren-I mean resolve."
"Listen," he smiles, "There is a way we can work this out, right?"
"I quite agree," Brastrix motions politely, but platonically, to a stool beside him, "Please have a seat. I'm no threat of either flight or fight, as it appears that we might be able to help each other achieve our goals if we approach things civilly."

Last edited:

Remove ads