Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Someone

Adventurer
Max emerges from the improvised fort made with a couple overturned tables and chairs from where he's watching the brawl (which threatens to set the whole tavern on fire, and probably the rest of the city as well) and looks at the newcomer astounded.

"Good heavens! It can talk!"

BenBrown

First Post
The door to the street opens again, and an annoyingly handsome young man enters the tavern halfway, then turns briefly, and blows a kiss to someone unseen. As a flurry of girlish laughter emanates from the entryway, he strides the rest of the way into the room, pausing momentarily to look at the fracas in progress.

"Good to see you again, lord Mallaby," a barmaid says, eagerly drinking in his boyish good looks.

"Indeed," Mallaby replies, "It is only the second time I have been in this establishment, yet with such charming and attractive staff, I feel inclined to return again in the future."

The barmaid attempts to stifle a giggle.

Mallaby smiles. "My dear, I could look at such delightful dimples all day, but I have business here, alas. If you could procure me several bottles of Talec Michau '47, it would please me very much."

The barmaid curtseys (something she is not normally known to do) then bustles off towards the back room.

"My friends..." he begins, stopping short as the melee surges in his direction. "Gods above, the entertainment here seems a trifle... interactive," he remarks to no-one in particular.

Looking around, he spots a familiar face.

"Master Sarak!" he shouts, and strides over to where Spider is sitting. "I am glad to see you here. Have any of my other recent companions appeared? I was hoping I would find you all here. I'm planning another expedition to Allaria. I won't be going this time, but I would be glad to have an old comrade I know I can trust along with the party. I suppose I should explain further... ah, the wine is here."

He takes a sip, then speaks to the general populace of the tavern--at least those that aren't in the middle of a brawl. "I would like to announce an expedition to Allaria, promoted by me, Lord Adelin Mallaby, in service of a brave and worthy lady. If you are interested in such an endeavor, pay heed, and I will make all the details known to you."

[sblock=New Adventure!]I'm recruiting now for a brand new adventure--a sequel to Get Me to the Church on Time.

I'm reserving places for veterans of that adventure, but I will need a few more even if all of them join in. They're level 3-4, so that's the range I'm looking for.[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
"Lor' Malabee!" Spider shouted upon seeing him, and nearly crushed the man in a bear hug. He listened to the man's offer, and readily agreed. "Ya know ya can count'an I an I."

"An, I an I do rememba dere bein a spirit-ooman back in Allaria, who I tol bout all dem tings I an I done last time. She seem ta be really inta it, so iffn she still dere when I an I return, I bet dat ooman join up right quick."

"So, did dem tings work out with da beautiful Ismene?"
[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]

[sblock=Action Block]

Move:
to
Minor: Berserker's Charge Stance
Standard: Charge MBA

• Target:
  • Attack: 1d20+14=
  • Damage: 1d12+12+1d8= (+1d12 +1d8 on crit) (+2 damage if enemy bloodied)
[/sblock][sblock=Spider Stat block]Jarro 'Spider' Sarak - Male Half-Orc Slayer 4
Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: +11, Passive Insight: +11

Defenses:

AC: 21, Fort: 21, Reflex: 18, Will: 14 -- Speed: 6 (+2 Charging, +2 stance)

Properties:
Superior Fortitude Feat: resist 3 to ongoing damage

Vitality:
HP: 45/45, THP: 0/5 Bloodied: 22, Surge Value: 11, Surges left: 10/10
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used

Basic Attacks:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +11 vs AC - Vanguard Fullblade +1 1d12+12 (Crit: +1d12 +1d8)
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +11 vs AC - Dagger 1d4+10

Powers:
At-Will:
MBA, Charge MBA, RBA, Berserker's Charge Stance, Poised Assault Stance, Pass Forward (Move)
Encounter: Sweeping Blow, Furious Assault, Power Strike, Half-Orc Resilience
Daily: Vanguard Weapon Daily, Bestial Hide MBA

Weapons:
1 Vanguard Fullblade +1 1d12
1 Dagger 1d4

[/sblock][sblock=Spider's Journal]
[sblock=Adventure: Get Me to The Church on Time]
1. Lord Adelin Mallaby recruits me and some other adventurers from the Tavern. He asked for protection, on a trip to Allaria. He is to be wed to Elena of Terconis, daughter of the Count of Terconis. According to tradition, the wedding must take place at the ancient chapel of the Terconis family, and the chapel in Count's Crovale lies in the high hills of old Allaria. The lady and the Count are already there.
2. The adventurers board Starlight's Veil, Mallaby's brig. The ship is built for speed, not cargo or battle.
3. Intended Path: Land at Ristaren (100 miles south of Fromish), and make our way up the old highway to here. A mile or two off the highway is the village of Achirem, which is still thriving in the midst of rough country, so they say. From there we cross Derianis ridge, and then down to Crovale. The last part through the hills may be dangerous.
4. We land at Ristaren, and it is a small, poor town.
5. We killed a bunch of spiders.
6. We arrived at Achirem, where Kelvan told us to watch out for:
a. Bramble scar: some kind of trap/pit thing we can't avoid.
b. Hzaka Raiders
c. Ismene: Local robin hood bandit type. Lady, with a band of rugged ladies.
7. Get Jumped, or try to Jump, some Hzaka Raiders.
8. Meet up with Ismene's band, but managed to talk our way through it.
9. Encounter: Angry Bear, Angrier bees, and a hungry frog. Graval got eaten by a frog, but Spider saved him.
10. Meet with Ismene and convince her to give us safe passage if we help her take on a local Goblin raider.
11. Launch surprise attack on Goblin tower. Climb to roof and take out archers. Jump in the tower, and find more hobgoblins.
12. Run in to some creepy mushroom field. Attacked by big mushrooms.
13. Stop to rest in an abandoned (?) charcoal burner's hut.
14. Get to Church: wife/father-in-law sent Lord M on a wild goose chase, and don't want to marry him after all.
15. Find out true love Ismene is kidnapped, and we go to her rescue. Fight a bunch of goblins.
16. Rescue Ismene from dirty goblins, give lord mallaby a chance at true love, and collect rewards.

NickNames
Grava
Strangla
Mount'in-mon
Gold'orn
Mista Magi
Lor' Malabee
[/sblock]
1. Returns to the Tavern.
2. Lord Mallaby returns to the tavern and recruits Spider for a mission to return to Allaria.

NickNames
Spirit-Ooman
Lor' Malabee
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

treex

First Post
OOC: Oh my gawd, it's THE Lord Malabee! AND SPIDER. My fave character on this forum T^T Oh, curse the gods. I wish I could roll something up and join right now.

Bah.

(You guys have got to let me in)

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: My only available character is level 1. I was hoping to have a higher level character ready by now, but the adventure he's in has stalled to the point of getting in one round of combat every 2 weeks.

But if you need to round out a party, Wat, level 1 wrathful invoker is available.

WEContact

First Post
"Lor' Malabee!" Spider shouted upon seeing him, and nearly crushed the man in a bear hug. He listened to the man's offer, and readily agreed. "Ya know ya can count'an I an I."

"An, I an I do rememba dere bein a spirit-mon back in Allaria, who I tol bout all dem tings I an I done last time. he seem ta be really inta it, so iffn he still dere when I an I return, I bet him join up right quick."

"So, did dem tings work out with da beautiful Ismene?"
[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]

[sblock=Action Block]

Move:
to
Minor: Berserker's Charge Stance
Standard: Charge MBA

• Target:
  • Attack: 1d20+14=
  • Damage: 1d12+12+1d8= (+1d12 +1d8 on crit) (+2 damage if enemy bloodied)
[/sblock][sblock=Spider Stat block]Jarro 'Spider' Sarak - Male Half-Orc Slayer 4
Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: +11, Passive Insight: +11

Defenses:

AC: 21, Fort: 21, Reflex: 18, Will: 14 -- Speed: 6 (+2 Charging, +2 stance)

Properties:
Superior Fortitude Feat: resist 3 to ongoing damage

Vitality:
HP: 45/45, THP: 0/5 Bloodied: 22, Surge Value: 11, Surges left: 10/10
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used

Basic Attacks:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +11 vs AC - Vanguard Fullblade +1 1d12+12 (Crit: +1d12 +1d8)
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +11 vs AC - Dagger 1d4+10

Powers:
At-Will:
MBA, Charge MBA, RBA, Berserker's Charge Stance, Poised Assault Stance, Pass Forward (Move)
Encounter: Sweeping Blow, Furious Assault, Power Strike, Half-Orc Resilience
Daily: Vanguard Weapon Daily, Bestial Hide MBA

Weapons:
1 Vanguard Fullblade +1 1d12
1 Dagger 1d4

[/sblock][sblock=Spider's Journal]
[sblock=Adventure: Get Me to The Church on Time]
1. Lord Adelin Mallaby recruits me and some other adventurers from the Tavern. He asked for protection, on a trip to Allaria. He is to be wed to Elena of Terconis, daughter of the Count of Terconis. According to tradition, the wedding must take place at the ancient chapel of the Terconis family, and the chapel in Count's Crovale lies in the high hills of old Allaria. The lady and the Count are already there.
2. The adventurers board Starlight's Veil, Mallaby's brig. The ship is built for speed, not cargo or battle.
3. Intended Path: Land at Ristaren (100 miles south of Fromish), and make our way up the old highway to here. A mile or two off the highway is the village of Achirem, which is still thriving in the midst of rough country, so they say. From there we cross Derianis ridge, and then down to Crovale. The last part through the hills may be dangerous.
4. We land at Ristaren, and it is a small, poor town.
5. We killed a bunch of spiders.
6. We arrived at Achirem, where Kelvan told us to watch out for:
a. Bramble scar: some kind of trap/pit thing we can't avoid.
b. Hzaka Raiders
c. Ismene: Local robin hood bandit type. Lady, with a band of rugged ladies.
7. Get Jumped, or try to Jump, some Hzaka Raiders.
8. Meet up with Ismene's band, but managed to talk our way through it.
9. Encounter: Angry Bear, Angrier bees, and a hungry frog. Graval got eaten by a frog, but Spider saved him.
10. Meet with Ismene and convince her to give us safe passage if we help her take on a local Goblin raider.
11. Launch surprise attack on Goblin tower. Climb to roof and take out archers. Jump in the tower, and find more hobgoblins.
12. Run in to some creepy mushroom field. Attacked by big mushrooms.
13. Stop to rest in an abandoned (?) charcoal burner's hut.
14. Get to Church: wife/father-in-law sent Lord M on a wild goose chase, and don't want to marry him after all.
15. Find out true love Ismene is kidnapped, and we go to her rescue. Fight a bunch of goblins.
16. Rescue Ismene from dirty goblins, give lord mallaby a chance at true love, and collect rewards.

NickNames
Grava
Strangla
Mount'in-mon
Gold'orn
Mista Magi
Lor' Malabee
[/sblock]
1. Returns to the Tavern.
2. Lord Mallaby returns to the tavern and recruits Spider for a mission to return to Allaria.

NickNames
Spirit-mon
Lor' Malabee
[/sblock]
[/sblock]
OOC: Whoa, it looks like this guy and Ignatz are twins! Accents based on wildly different regions but otherwise eerily similar.

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: Oh my gawd, it's THE Lord Malabee! AND SPIDER. My fave character on this forum T^T Oh, curse the gods. I wish I could roll something up and join right now.

Bah.

(You guys have got to let me in)

OOC: All you have to do is let Jesse Tey'un get eaten by Beach Goblins.

Rapida

First Post
Still reclining under the table, watching the brawl, Ignus perks up at the sound of work. He mulls it over a bit, "Meh, I'd hate to miss the end of dis brawl."
OOC:
A level 1 kobold monk that would gladly round out a party.

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: I'm in on Tyris, level 3. He's not in the tavern atm since I brought in my new level 1 character who's busy in the fight with the level 16 solo brute. Dunno if you wanna arrange something with Spider knowing where to find me, or if I can go ahead and bring him into the tavern for a short time since Graven is busy with the fight in the other thread, even though he's technically still in the tavern, or else arrange some other way for me to meet up with you, maybe you run into as you're leaving the tavern or something. There's always another random hole in the air that could suck me through :p

Remove ads