• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

VanderLegion

First Post
When he is done speaking, Mallaby notices Tyris.

"Another old comrade," he says, shaking the assassin's hand.
"I am glad to see you again. I am planning another expedition, and would be gratified if you would join."

Tyris shakes hands with the lord, then nods his head again, indicating his willingness to join the venture, especially given what happened to him the last time he was in this tavern. He watches the brawl warily, ready to move at the merest hint of magic in his vicinity, ready to leave the tavern as soon as they can set out.

rb780nm

First Post
"My true name cannot be pronounced by most, and in the tongue of the men of this place, it is too long to be useful, so I go by Sound of Stone.

"I look forward to standing beside you as we face the hordes of this Allaria,"

Sound of Stone tells the gathered group.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
The brawl rages on around the patrons of The Hanged Man...

Brastrix, having narrowly dodged Rhagast's blow, flourishes and stabs deep into the sinew of the bull-hemoth.

Rhagast staggers back in surprise, inspecting the wound, "Well rip me sails, Thar's fight in ye yet!"

Brastrix, however, is not listening. Before the brute can react, the nimble dragonborn leaps the bar. Blagarm gives startled, "Aaahhh" as Brastrix comes down, nearly on top of him.

"You're too slow for me, sea slug!" Brastrix taunts as he backs away, hoping to lure the minotaur on.

Robin abandons the door, charging up behind Rhagast and taking the minotaur by surprise, "'At's fer th'knife ya stuck'n Sulley's back!" The dwarf gloats as his cutlass finds home.

"Oooooow!" Grum bats at the flames like so many gnats, "Watchum fie-yur girlie!"

Still burning, his attention now on Rhagast, he bellows, "Gittum Grim!" to his brother as he leaves Rhagast's side, scrambling over the bar. Incredibly, the bugbear manages to get his arms around Rhagast's massive trunk, pinning the minotaurs arms, "Gottum Grim!"

"Grim coming Grum!" Grim rounds the crowd engulfing Rhagast and charges forward, his cutlass slicing at the minotaur, but Rhagast brings his horns around and parries the blow. Grim also tries to grab the sea-bull, but between Rhagast's size and his brothers arms, he can't find a hold, "Holdum still Grum!"

Riannah follows robbin, slashing at Rhagast with her cutlass, and finding a bit more luck than her bugbear comrade, "That's how it's done Grim."

Backing up to the wall she notices a knife-throwing board leaned up on a chair, grabs the knife and hurls a cheap shot a the minotaur, but the knife flies wide, nearly taking of Grim's ear.

"Watchum aim!"

Rhagast is having none of this, "Aaaaaaaraaaaah!" The minotaur opens his arms and breaks the bugbear's grip as easily as if he were shrugging off a towel after a morning bath. Following up, he lifts his axe and sends Grum flying back, "Donchie be runnin' 'way from me ye lilly-livered cow-word!"

Rhagast launches himself over the bar, ignoring the crowd around him, focusing solely on the rival pirate. Phoenix takes a tumble under Rhagast's charge and hits the floor hard, but not before making the evil pirate pay for the afront. Fire burns into the minotaur, causing noticeable damage.

Rhagast keeps going until he breathing down at Brastrix. "Ye can't win Brastrix!" The minotaur pants, blowing steam from his nostrils, "Ye'll die a'fore th'night's out."

Rapida

First Post
Ignus, still reclining under the table he dove under, tugs on a nearby patron's pant's leg. "So, is 'dis a scheduled thing or did someone give the cow a bad ale?"

The kobold pauses for a moment then continues, " Or is it a tragic game of Three Dragon Ante? These things happen ya know, I once had to flip a whole table to avoid losing some coin to a bad hand."

Tenchuu

First Post
Spider, just noticing Tyris, moved over next to the mute and put him in a headlock. Giving the man nuggies, while Spider's dirty dreadlocks hung in his face, he said, "Strangla! Where ya been?" He then stupidly adds, "Ah com'on now, when ya finally gonna open up ta da Spidah? Ya know ya can tell I an I anyting."

Mewness

First Post
A kobold bursts into the tavern, wild-eyed, wearing dark green lacquered scale armor with a dark green round shield on his back, which makes him look a bit like a large, jittery turtle. “Kaeysari?” he calls urgently. Kaeysari? A few tavern employees, trying to stay away from the fight, look at him. “No, I’m not Kaeysari, I’m Papolstaanas. Has anyone seen--oh! Look, there’s Phoenix. Hi, Phoenix! He stares for a moment, taken aback by the magma beast. “But--she looks rather busy, doesn’t she. Probably best not to, um....” he mumbles, backing away to what he hopes is a safe distance. “Um, has anyone seen my friend Kaeysari? We were running and the Red Queen said if we could only run fast enough we would get back to Daunton, but I can’t run as fast as Kaeysari can, because she has longer legs, so I lost her.... Have you seen her? She’s tall, and, um, mammalian. Y-you can’t miss her. And she has scale armor, like mine. Well, not like mine, it’s a lot larger, obviously, and not the same color, and I suppose it would be more fair to say that my armor is like hers, because she’s been wearing hers for much longer than I’ve been wearing mine, so if anyone is imitating--well, anyway, she bet me that I wouldn’t be able to do a full day’s march in this heavy armor, and I bet her that she couldn’t do one carrying both me and my armor, and we both laughed.... Well, it was--it was funny at the time. I guess you had to be there. It’s not important. But, but, she’s important--” There is a loud crash on the other side of the room, and Papolstaanas throws himself under a table. Suddenly, he notices another kobold in the tavern, and freezes, peering with huge worried eyes. After a few moments he relaxes slightly, as the other kobold does not appear to be one of his relatives.

[sblock=ooc]Papolstaanas, back after a bit of a hiatus.[/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
Ignus appears ready to spring away when the kobold shows in the doorway. however, he quickly realizes it isn't a Branded assassin come to kill him. He watches the odd kobold babble for a bit and after seeing Papolstaanas dive under a table Ignus nods in approval at his good sense.

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=kobolds!]Jax will hopefully be in the tavern soon. Maybe he can join the Papol and Ignus for high tea... or... whatever it is that kobolds drink.

Rapida, I love your kobold monk, hehe.[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
Papolstaanas stays under the table, still looking worriedly at Ignus. He can't recall encountering him anywhere before, but even if he isn't a relative, he might still be from Bacarte, and that's almost as bad as being a relative, what with Bacarte's being a scummy den of villanous hives or whatever. And what's that mark on his face? Some sort of gang thing? Papolstaanas doesn't like it. "Oh, hello," he says, attempting (unconvincingly) to sound casual. "I didn't see you there."

[sblock=ooc]Kobold power!

I don't think Papolstaanas has run into another kobold PC before. Although he did think that Toeto might be a giant kobold.[/sblock]

Remove ads