• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

BenBrown

First Post
OOC: I'm finishing my own adventure, "the stolen staff", and there are two late 2nd level defenders available. I'm going to start another adventure for low levels very soon and they may want to join, but also perhaps they may consider joining yours.
OOC: Cool. Thanks for letting me know. I guess I'll wait a bit to start until someone opts in or it's clear that no-one will.

BenBrown

First Post
"Zardi, my friend!" Mallaby shouts as the big barbarian enters the room. "I am very gratified that you have arrived."

"What's going on? Should we...DO something?"

"No, no, it appears they're all enjoying themselves. But come, let me get you a drink, and you can hear about my latest expedition. I do hope you will be joining."

bluesfella

Explorer
Zardi gladly accepts his drink from Mallaby and says "Well, I could use the money. And it would be good to get back to work again. I have been...bored...since we returned." And with a bit of concern, he asks "Did you ever hear if Graval recovered fully?"

The doors of the Hanged Man open widely and in struts a pale looking girl. Slightly taller than the norm, the halfling-like girl makes a wide circle around the throng of fighting people to make her way to the bar.

"The name's Vyrna"

OOC: Vyrna's back for more action! She is now a level 2 Revenant (halfling) Vampire and is waiting for approval. She is available for adventure!

Mewness

First Post
"Oh damn it, did I use the wrong word again? I really hate 'dis language sometime. You know, worm, big thing mostly breathes fire? I was talkin' about the mother of em all. Ya, know Tiamat? But that's good, can't abide assassins trying to kill me. They generally make for bad tavern visits ya see. So what are ya then? Some sort of turtle defending kobold? Oh, I'm Ignus Ironbrand by the way, I'm pleased to make your approval" as Palpolstaanas looks even more confused Ignus tries again, "...acceptance? acquaintance? Sorry, been working on the trade tongue since I got off the boat. I think I mostly got a hold of it."

"Papolstaanas," says Papolstaanas, much relieved to find that the strange kobold seems disposed to be friendly. He looks up as Zardi, and then Vyrna, enter the tavern, but his hopeful expression turns into a resentful glare when neither of the newcomers turn out to be the person he is waiting for. He turns back to Ignus, speaking in Draconic.

[sblock=to Ignus, in Draconic]"Allarian's a very different language, isn't it? Of course I was forced to learn it in school, but my moth--um, lots of people have trouble with it. I hardly get a chance to speak Draconic anymore. Everyone thinks our language sounds so educated, unless you're a kobold speaking it, and then they just give you dirty looks!"[/sblock]
Papolstaanas chuckles.

Vyrna always liked kobolds. To her small stature (and even smaller when she was alive...er...not undead), a kobold is to a halfling as a dragonborn is to a human. And since she dealt with several of them while on the Night Serpent, she was rather fond of them.

...So she strode right up to the little guys. Maybe they had heard of things she had not concerning the Night Serpent, it's occupants, it's location, and if not, maybe they had some insight on other things?

[sblock=In Goblin] "You two! Do you know this language?" [/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
[sblock=to Ignus, in Draconic]"Allarian's a very different language, isn't it? Of course I was forced to learn it in school, but my moth--um, lots of people have trouble with it. I hardly get a chance to speak Draconic anymore. Everyone thinks our language sounds so educated, unless you're a kobold speaking it, and then they just give you dirty looks!"[/sblock]
[sblock=More draconic]
"Oh for sure, I blame the wizards. They always expect our true tongue to be discussing some arcane formula instead of the best recipe for turnip soup. It would probably ruin their mystique if the common folk realized that."
[/sblock]

Ignus, still reclining under a table, yells back at the human, "Hello."

As the halfling approaches Ignus nods politely, but he is clearly confused by the goblin tongue. He glances at Papolstaanas to see if has any better luck with it. He reverts back to common, "Sorry don't know that one."

Remove ads