Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

SirK8

First Post
A human clad in armor that looks like it hasn't been polished in a long time walks into the tavern through the broken door. A large sword is slung on his back and a small axe is hanging from his belt. He is an average height and somewhat muscular build. His hazel eyes survey the scene inside. If he is concerned, it does not show on his emotionless face. The man is bald and from the stubble on his face, it looks like he hasn't shaved in a while.

He walks over to a vacant table and takes a seat almost wearily. He motions to a waiter to bring him a drink.

[sblock=OOC]
Hi there. I'm new here and to PbP in general. I have some D&D 4e experience playing with some friends, but not extensive. Ralt is a mercenary who's made his way to the city and is interested in work (adventure).
[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
A human clad in armor that looks like it hasn't been polished in a long time walks into the tavern through the broken door. A large sword is slung on his back and a small axe is hanging from his belt. He is an average height and somewhat muscular build. His hazel eyes survey the scene inside. If he is concerned, it does not show on his emotionless face. The man is bald and from the stubble on his face, it looks like he hasn't shaved in a while.

He walks over to a vacant table and takes a seat almost wearily. He motions to a waiter to bring him a drink.

[sblock=OOC]
Hi there. I'm new here and to PbP in general. I have some D&D 4e experience playing with some friends, but not extensive. Ralt is a mercenary who's made his way to the city and is interested in work (adventure).
[/sblock]

OOC: I took a quick look at Ralt, the only thing I felt I needed to point out is that in L4W, you are not allowed to take Expertise feats. You get one as a bonus feat at level 5, but until then, you have to live without it. So you will need to replace Heavy Blade Expertise with something else.

treex

First Post
OOC: I took a quick look at Ralt, the only thing I felt I needed to point out is that in L4W, you are not allowed to take Expertise feats. You get one as a bonus feat at level 5, but until then, you have to live without it. So you will need to replace Heavy Blade Expertise with something else.

OOC: Ah, yes. That's kinda for balance against the extra points you get during point buy and to increase variety amongst feat choice.

If not, everyone will be just running around with their expertise feat at Level1. Also, the feat at Level5 can be any feat that grants a scaling bonus (eg. 1/11/21 and 1/15/25) Also, feats that scale at 15 and 25 have been houseruled to 11 and 21.
(EDIT: I'm not sure if you can take a defensive feat, or any other non-expertise feat...hmm)

The extra point buy is so that you will have a little extra leftover (1 or 2 points) to put into other stats so that it'll promote other actions not common to the character.

Last edited:

SirK8

First Post
OOC: Ah, yes. That's kinda for balance against the extra points you get during point buy and to increase variety amongst feat choice.

If not, everyone will be just running around with their expertise feat at Level1. Also, the feat at Level5 can be any feat that grants a scaling bonus (eg. 1/11/21 and 1/15/25) Also, feats that scale at 15 and 25 have been houseruled to 11 and 21.

The extra point buy is so that you will have a little extra leftover (1 or 2 points) to put into other stats so that it'll promote other actions not common to the character.

OOC:
Given reason for not allowing expertise, can I assume that "Master at Arms" is also not allowed at level 1? I also took weapon focus, is that allowed? Thanks.

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC:
Given reason for not allowing expertise, can I assume that "Master at Arms" is also not allowed at level 1? I also took weapon focus, is that allowed? Thanks.

OOC: I believe that any feat that gives the expertise style attack bonus progression is not allowed even if it doesn't contain expertise in the feat name. Weapon Focus is allowed.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC:
OOC: Weapon Focus is fine. Master at Arms is considered an "Expertise" feat as above. To be clear, you can take these feats after 5th level with normal feat slots as well (you just get one for free at 5th).

Note, bonus Expertise feats from classes are allowed at whatever level.

Remove ads