Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Neil1889

First Post
Stepping gingerly around the wreckage around the bar, Lilli deposits the books on a nearby stool and then takes her tankard from her summoned Mage Hand. Dismissing said hand with a wave, she takes a brief pull on her beer.

Looking around, she says, "Nice to see everybody again, but is it me or is this place a bigger mess than usual? What's with the blood?"

Lotte chirps a greeting of her own to Gil and Artemis.

Mewness

First Post
"Um, not those ones," she says. "One specific kobold. We were heading here from... well, that's not important. I lost track of him. His name's Papolstaanas. He was wearing armor last time I saw him, and big round shield. I hope he's okay. He's a nice kid and I wouldn't want anything to happen to him. Anyone who's seen him, let me know."

"Kaeysari!" shouts Papolstaanas, popping out from under the table. "Where were you? I thought you were ahead of me because the Red Queen said to run really fast and you were so much faster, but when I got here, I couldn't find you at all, and there was another fight going on, inside this time, and Phoenix almost burned the entire place down. I'm starting to hate this tavern."

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The shifter watches them leave.

"Um, not those ones," she says. "One specific kobold. We were heading here from... well, that's not important. I lost track of him. His name's Papolstaanas. He was wearing armor last time I saw him, and big round shield. I hope he's okay. He's a nice kid and I wouldn't want anything to happen to him. Anyone who's seen him, let me know."

As a big rusty warforged followed by a bouncing pack of wolf pups walks through following Jax, he pauses and looks over. EX-GHOST LIZARD PAPOLSTAANAS? SIR EXSIXTEN KNOWS OF THIS INDIVIDUAL. LAST OUR HERO SAW OF HIM HE WAS MADE AN EX-GHOST LIZARD IN SOME (WEAK) NECROMANCER'S ARMY. BEST OF LUCK, SIR EXSIXTEN ALREADY HAS AN EX-GHOST LIZARD IN HIS MERRY BAND, GOOD LUCK ACQUIRING ONE FOR YOUR RIGHTEOUS POSSE.

With that, he follows the others out of the tavern, not even noticing that Papolstaanas just revealed himself and is standing right in front of him.

BenBrown

First Post
"Kaeysari!" shouts Papolstaanas, popping out from under the table. "Where were you? I thought you were ahead of me because the Red Queen said to run really fast and you were so much faster, but when I got here, I couldn't find you at all, and there was another fight going on, inside this time, and Phoenix almost burned the entire place down. I'm starting to hate this tavern."

"I thought I was ahead of you too," Kaeysari says, "But things were kind of confusing there for a while. I ran into the king, and had to move quietly so that I didn't wake him up."

she looks around the tavern, looking for signs of the fight.

"Phoenix doesn't seem to be here now, although with that crazy machine around, I'm not surprised there was a fight."

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: All. Believe it or not, Land Ho needs one more PC (Level 9-11). Any takers?

I promise that, unlike the last time, the hook will not interrupt the doings and goings on of The Hanged Man...too much ;).

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: All. Believe it or not, Land Ho needs one more PC (Level 9-11). Any takers?

I promise that, unlike the last time, the hook will not interrupt the doings and goings on of The Hanged Man...too much ;).

I've got a level 11 guardian fighter: Kruk is his name. He doesn't have good manners, but he can take a hit. He's currently not in the tavern because Lerrick is in there, but he'd make an appearance if needed.

Wow! I just read the post for Land Ho. Doesn't look good for the home team. If you need a dwarf punching bag, Kruk's the guy.

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: @dimsdale . We'll see who else chimes in. After having Iron Sky in both of my adventures, I'm loathe to further dilute the variety of my players. If I get no other bites, I'll flip a coin between Kruk and Prime.

Remove ads