Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Sir Exsixten stares at the gobshark blankly for a moment, then shrugs. OF COURSE I NOTICED, MY TRUSTY COMPANION... UM... NEW HAIRCUT? NO, NEW BOOTS?

AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION, SIR EXSIXTEN'S BRAIN IS CRAFTED OF PURE UNOBTANIUM, COMPRESSED VIA HANDWAVIUM INTO A NUGGET OF SOLID, HIGHLY CONDENSED, MARGINALLY UNSTABLE AWESOMITE, THE RADIOACTIVE DECAY OF WHICH IS THE ANIMUS OF THE HERO YOU ALL KNOW AND LOVE.

He then looks at Jax. AH, THE EX-GHOST LIZARD JAXIMUS RETURNS. WOULD THAT MAKE YOU A NON-UN-EX-GHOST LIZARD? BUT THEN HE'S DIED AGAIN. RE-NON-UN-EX-GHOST LIZARD JAXIUMUS, YOUR NAME WILL SOON REACH MAXIMUM BIT-LIMIT IF THIS KEEPS UP... PICK A LIFE-STATE AND MAINTAIN YOUR SELECTION TO AVOID CONTRADICTORY PREFIX OVERLOAD!

A moment later a pack of wolf pups rush through the broken door and begin jumping all over the warforged, yipping and leaping for a moment before sitting in a semi-circle around him and looking up at him expectantly.

He looks down at them for a moment, then says. UM... WOOF?

They yip back, then immediately set off exploring the tavern, grabbing scraps, playing, digging into the rushes, gnawing on table legs, and generally getting into everything.

<GO MY MINIONS, MWAHAHA>

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
Lilli uses the distraction to attempt to sidestep the axe-weilding being in front of her and isn't all that surprised to hear of a tale of lycanthropy or something like had afflicted it.

Lotte keeps skittering around Lilli as she moves towards the bar, keeping Lilli between herself and the would-be assailant.

She orders her customary small beer, which is grabbed by a mage hand, what with the others holding her books.

OOC: Sorry, not at home for a week; overseas and the keyboard layout is not what I'm use to.

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
A Kobold enters the tavern. He is wearing a merchants outfit. While it was once grand and well fitting, now it is tattered and loose, as if neglected and the wearer has lost weight.

Um hello? Um, has anyone seen my nephew? the Kobold says through all the noise. He is about this high, the Kobold says lifting his claw just above his head and name is Jax.

The Kobold looks around, trying to avoid all the strange large creatures of the tavern, soon he spots the dying form of Jax.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! They got you already! Uncle Jaz shouts, rushing over and pulling out a hand crossbow.

You get away from him! Jaz shouts pointing it at Quagmire and shielding Jax with his body. You tell your master that we don't have your money! You can't get money from a stone, or a turnip, or Kobolds who don't have any!
[sblock=Perception=20]
You notice that Jaz is rooting through Jax's pockets as he speaks, as if looking for something.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire begins to harangue Sir Exsixten again, but stops in mid-sentence. Is... Is that blood I smell? Mmm, so fresh..." He turns, and sees the familiar sight of a kobold standing over a dying body, going through its pockets. He draws the obvious conclusion. "Jax? Who did you stab this time? I didn't see you come in... Oh. You're not Jax. In fact, those are Jax's pockets that your hands are in. I think perhaps you'd better step back, stranger. The smell of fresh blood is... very distracting in this form, and I am feeling the strongest urge to bite something."

OOC: Perception 23, Intimidate 37

Luinnar

First Post
N-n-no. Your not going to ransom his body for even more money! Uncle Jaz says holding his ground. Un-unless we can sell it to you that is. It is his fault afterall...

What am I saying? J-just get back!

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Sir Exsixten glances down at Jax, puts his axe and shield away, then pops open a side panel, produces two strange paddles attached to him by rusty wires, then places them on either side of Jax's head.

CLEAR!

The electric jolt is strong enough to lift the kobold off the ground half-a-foot.

RE-NON-UN-EX-GHOST LIZARD JAXIUMUS, ARE YOU FUNCTIONAL OR DO YOU REQUIRED MORE MOTIVATION TO RETURN TO OPERATIONAL CORPOREALITY?

[sblock=Heal 24]1d20+14=24, trigger Second Wind.[/sblock]

Remove ads