Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Rapida

First Post
[sblock="Draconic"]
"I do need to find my uncle though. He left me a letter, and it sounds like he's going to get himself killed. Grr... and I just got back from a job! It's a pain having family, don't you think?"[/sblock]

Ignus scratches at the brand on his forehead,
[sblock="Draconic"]
"
Nah, I never really had to deal with family ever since I sold my tribe out to some human mercenaries. Don't worry though they totally deserved it.
"
[/sblock]
Ignus looks a bit alarmed at Jax getting the mad machine's attention.
[sblock="Draconic"]
"Didn't you just say that guy is insane? Don't bring him over it."
[/sblock]

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
"Bu wha a dis Caravan? Tell I an I mo 'bout wha tings, 'ow many dey be, an if dere be anywon else dat gonna come 'long."
"This initial caravan will be small." Mallaby says. "I have purchased three large wagons and the oxen to pull them. I am sending food, tools, weapons, and other needed supplies. This expedition will consist only of these wagons, their drivers, the wagonmaster--a man named Sven, whose family has long been in the employ of mine--and for protection, those gathered here, plus I suppose the 'Spirit Woman' whom you say you have met before. I will follow in a month or two with more wagons, but there are some more difficult to find supplies I am waiting for, and some business locally I must wrap up before setting off again. But for this expedition, everything is ready. The ship to take you to Ristaren has been hired and now waits at anchor. The captain tells me he plans to depart on tonight's outgoing tide if everything is aboard. If everyone is ready, let us drink one more glass of this fine wine, and then depart."

He pours another glass for everyone at the table, then raises his own.

"To a successful expedition!"

When he is done, he turns and leads the way out of the tavern.

OOC: Adventure thread is here

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The newly arrived kobold shouts to Sir Exsixten from under a table, "I'm not paying for that door, you know. I don't have any money, so HAH!"

SIR EXSIXTEN HEARS JAXAMILIIAN BUT DOES NOT SEE HIM. EX-GHOST LIZARD, HAVE YOU BECOME AN UN-EX-GHOST LIZARD? IF SO, ASK THE LORDS OF AWESOME TO GIVE YOU A RIDE ON THE CHICKEN CHARIOT PULLED ACROSS THE SKY BY SIR EXSIXTEN'S HEAVY BATTLE CHICKENS FOR ALL TIME OR UNTIL THE EXPIRATION DATE OF A HEAVY BATTLE CHICKEN, WHICH EVER COMES FIRST.

He turns to Lilli.

A DAMSEL IN DISTRESS! FEAR NOT SMALL FEMININE PERSONAGE, SIR EXSIXTEN WILL AXILE ANY DOOR-DESTROYING ROBOT CATS - THEY WILL NOT HARM YOU! He pulls out his axe and waves it around erratically, causing even the jaded Hanged Man patrons to give him more room. LOOK OUT, A TRANSLUCENT GREEN AND SOMEWHAT CUBIT-SIZE BRISTLY SPIDER SITS ON TOP OF YOUR BOOKS! TO THE RESCUE!

He charges across the room towards her.

VanderLegion

First Post
Graven returns from the spot he was occupying against the wall while slinging magic missiles at Rhagast and sits back down at one of the tables. The chair creaks ominously underneath him, but holds for the moment.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
"Nooo, leave Lotte the spider alone, you metallic wally!" exclaims Lilli as the spider rushes around onto disappear on to Lilli's back.

Sir Exsixten skids to a stop in front of her then stares at her in complete silence for a moment.

WHAT IS A WALL-E?

A cockroach skitters across the top of a nearby table, pauses for a moment as though surveying Sir Exsixten, then skitters through a gap in his armor to somewhere inside the warforged.

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis returns to his table, watching the scene unfold.

"I daresay that we are in more peril now with the warforged than we were with the minotaur."

covaithe

Explorer
Through the wreckage of the door strides a heavily armed hobgoblin in well-used chainmail. He does not look happy.

Following the trail of wreckage, he strides over to the cockroach-infested warforged knight. "Sir Exsixten!" he bellows. "This is all your fault, you overgrown bucket of diseased rust! You were bloody contagious! Look at this!" He poses dramatically, then with a sickening squelching noise, begins to transform. He still stands on two legs, still carries the same armor and weapons, but his torso now trails a sleek gray tail with a sharply raked vertical fin, and his neck and head have elongated into a thick bullet-shaped snout tipped by a double row of oversized, razor-sharp triangular teeth.

"Notice anything different, lead-for-brains?" the shark-thing hisses.

[sblock=Land shark!][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3ELlI1nrjE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3ELlI1nrjE[/ame][/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
Jax nods to Papolstaanas and Ignus and then leaves the table. He approaches Quagmire-shark.

"What, he's contagious? I don't feel... anything... ARGGGHHHHH!" Jax yells in pain and then falls to the ground, unconscious.

OOC: Remove Affliction ritual on Jax: 1d20+17-15=4. Jax takes 89 points of damage. He falls unconscious and is dying.

Quagmire, would you mind lending me a hand? =)

Last edited:

Remove ads