Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: Just wondering how many people have characters in the tavern from levels 1-3. I know there is an adventure out right now for those levels. How many people are still in here?
OOC: Once I finish building my new monk (will probably finish tonight), I'm going to start looking at what I want to make for a new level 3 character. No idea what yet (some form of leader or controller, since I'll have a defender and a striker), but I plan to build SOMETHING at level 3

VanderLegion

First Post
I actually have a level 3 unused pixie monk and and an approved adventure for levels 2-4 IIRC.
Yah, I saw the horrible creature int he birdcage on the wiki. Building mine a bit different- he's all about mobility and never being in melee (Transcendent Ki Focus for +1 reach on melee attacks, Skipping Stone Flurry for ranged flurry, Masterful Spiral for another +1 reach once a day)

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Just wondering how many people have characters in the tavern from levels 1-3. I know there is an adventure out right now for those levels. How many people are still in here?

OOC: My Striker Ranger/Druid Talon is lvl 3 and still in the tavern, although I'm looking at retiring him to make something else. Just haven't had time the last week to do it.

Last edited:

VanderLegion

First Post
The doors to the tavern open and a pixie flies in, covered in a corona of fire and trailing pixie dust. He looks around with wide, burning eyes at the room, then vanishes, reappearing standing on top of the bar. "Bartender!" he says in a high, piping voice, "I would like a large bowl of water if you please."

The barkeep looks at the pixie skeptically. "Greetings, friend. Just so you know, here in the Hanged Man, it's common practice to announce yourself and your purpose. Separates the people looking for work from those looking to hire."

"Oh, um...of course. My name is Vander! I heard this was the place for an adventurer to find work."

The barkeep fills a large bowl with water and places it on the bar beside the small pixie, wondering what the tiny creature could want with it.

Vander procedes to jump into the air, flip, and dive into the bowl of water. Once he surfaces again, he leans up against the side of the bowl with his arms resting on the edge. The corona around him brightens even more and after a few moments the water in the bowl begins to steam, just short of boiling. The heat doesn't seem to bother the pixie, just the opposite in fact. He lets out a sigh and settles down a bit more into the water. "Perfect, just what I needed."

OOC: Introducing my new level 6 Pixie Firecrafter Monk Vander

jbear

First Post
Before the door can close, a powerfully muscled, dark skinned hand catches it and pushes it back open. An equally muscled dark skinned warrior is attached to the hand. His face is a mask of perpetual grim, his dark eyes roving the interior before stepping inside in silence. He walks to the bar. "Something strong ... surprise me." Whatever it is that he is served does not seem to surprise him as he downs it in a single gulp. With a nod of his head he indicates he wants the glass refilled.

"If anyone comes looking for Leather, I'll be at that table over there" he rumbles before striding his way over to one of the empty tables to take a seat.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Gasps of surprise erupt from the street just outside the tavern as something loud and heavy comes rolling around the corner. It is the gnoll, Fhangrim, the circus leader from the Isle of Laughing gallows who had once performed a song and dance at the steps of the Hanged Man with his two trained owlbears.

Instead of a broken down wreck of a wagon rolling slowly down the street, Fhangrim rides a brand new one pulled by two immense draft lizards. Instead of a flimsy cage, losing bars with each turn of the wheels, a new steel structure holds his girls.

Fhangrim stops the wagon in front of the tavern and hops down from the driver's seat. He opens the door to the tavern and begins a familiar song and dance.

♫ Come on out and you will see
Fhangrim's Marvelous Menagerie.
With the most exotic beasts that there can be
It's Fhangrim's Marvelous Menagerie.
From sky or land
From cave or wood
From the depths or from the shallows
Come on all to see the show from the Isle of Laughing Gallows! ♫

(Fhangrim leaps outside and begins tap dancing in the streets. He opens the cage door and a pair of pygmy owlbears pirouette gracefully to either side of him. However in addition to last time, a third, spectral apparition of an owlbear keeps step with the two living ones.)

♫ Everyone start clapping when they hear this song.
And when the animals start dancing they want to dance along
So come on up and watch show
Take it right from me
You'll never see anything quite like it...
The fantastic, fabulous, majestic, miraculous...
Fhangrim's Marvelous Menagerie. ♫

After the show, the girls return to the cage where they rest, snacking on the leg bones of some humanoid creature or creatures. Fhangrim enters the tavern and takes a seat next to Leather.

Before Fhangrim could sit and rest his bones for more than a few minutes, a familiar face (though remarkably ashen) appears from within the doors of the Hanged Man searching the crowd. Spotting the Gnoll and the dark skinned warrior, he breathes a sigh of relief.

As the figure enters the tavern, the two immediately recognize Lieutenant Proudman. His armor and hands were stained with hours old blood, and he wore a worrisome expression on his face. "I'm glad you two are here. I thought I recognized the beasts outside," he said, forcing a smile upon his lips as he greeted Fhangrim and Leather. "I'm afraid I need you and your friends' help again. And...you may want to bring along some extra backup, too. We have a serious problem on our hands, and since you are already familiar with those berserking fiends that came in on those ships, I thought you and your friends would be the best fit for helping us out (with a hefty bonus in pay, mind you). Long story short, some of the other crews of militiamen didn't hold to your standard of completely wiping out the invaders on their docks and a few slipped by and managed to lose themselves within the downtown allies of Daunton. Now we have a few murders on our hands, all of which include deep puncture wounds...and..." he shivers disgustedly, "all of the victims hearts are missing. We found a blood trail that leads down to one of the sewers from our latest victim. I sent a full squad of men down there twelve hours ago, but none have returned. I fear the worst for my men, and fear more for the people of Daunton if these vile creatures are not stopped. Will you once again take up arms in the defense of Daunton, my friends?"

Remove ads