Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Blinking suddenly, Martelai sits straighter.
He waves his hand
"It is me who should apologize, Master Flervin. I'm afraid my wrongly done upbringing shines through at times when I'm not awake enough. My name is Martelai Luinil and I'm a seer. I believe in same rights for all, but I was raised in xenophobic eladrin court. As you may surmise, I was the target of plenty of jokes due to my human blood. I would buy you a drink, but everything here is free if you share a story or two. Let me tell you about time when we encountered hive mind Overlord on one of the islands..." he brandishes on of his rods which looks conspicuously like insect leg (if said insect was 10 feet long) he continues to relate the story of Enemy among us.

His bardic training gets some use as the story is expertly weaved with just enough suspense to keep the listener interested without being to explicit in gory details.

Neil1889

First Post
...purchases an additional brew for Lilli and thanks her for her kindness. He then proceeds to a nearby empty table to sit and eat.

Lilli smiles and thanks the dwarf as Blagarm lines up another small beer on the bar. she then settles down to listen to Martelai's tale.

When it's over, she goes over and introduces herself.

"It's a good tale and reflects credit on the founders of the IAC."

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"You know of IAC. Are you a member? I'm the head of Bacarte office, but as you can see I'm as much out of it as Veruzak is in. I go there through the portal every now and then, but Igors do good job of keeping everything in order. And they know where they can find me in case something happens."

Neil1889

First Post
"You know of IAC. Are you a member? I'm the head of Bacarte office, but as you can see I'm as much out of it as Veruzak is in. I go there through the portal every now and then, but Igors do good job of keeping everything in order. And they know where they can find me in case something happens."

"Yes, indeed I am. I'm often there researching or sometimes crafting things. Never been to Barcarte myself, though."

FlervaFlerv

First Post
Flervin listens intently to the story Martelai tells. He is very impressed with how well it is portrayed and feels as if he had almost partaken in the adventure. As the story ends "Thank you for sharing such an amazing tale!" he says in utter sincerity. His minds begins to wander to his old life back home, then abruptly snaps out of it realizing where he is, and that he is in company.

"My name is Cyr Iannes." states (he always states things, never simply says something :) ) deva sitting next to the warlock
"We all have our share of tales to tell, some more, some less exciting. I was on a mission to save elven citadel from crazed warlock, but for most of the time, we trekked through swamp infected by the proximity of the shadowrift. Not a good time, although we stopped the warlock in the end. Such is the life of adventurer. As an aside, it seems this place is literally popping portals left and right. Even the tavern such as this has it's own portal."

FlervaFlerv

First Post
"Pleasure to meet you Cyr." the dwarf says from a table over, "I have yet to adventure, though my past was one in itself." The dwarf pauses and seems to briefly loose focus, then returns to the conversation. "Please forgive my absent mindedness. This past week has been a tough voyage to make it to the city."

Vertexx69

First Post
As the parade of adventurers come flooding into the bar, the spirits of the lanky human boy seem to rise noticeably. "Well this is definitely more like it." A barrage of exotic smells and curios sounds assault the young man's senses as the seasoned explorers and assassins fill many tables with strange food and drink, and the air above them with stories of harrowing valor and loss. His gold flecked eyes dart from one story-teller to the next as he moves about the common room, dipping from sight here and there to appear on the other someplace else listening with rapt attention. "Your stories are all wonderfully colorful, positively brimming with blood and tears. I fear my own exploits to date would not hold a candle to them. I don't think stories of my hundred children have a place here. But at any rate I am Nicodemus Stargazer, recently arrived from far to the east. I have sought out all the mysteries from beyond the stars that I could from my own land, and am now here to see what knowledge these islands have to offer for one as curious as myself."

FlervaFlerv

First Post
As the parade of adventurers come flooding into the bar, the spirits of the lanky human boy seem to rise noticeably. "Well this is definitely more like it." A barrage of exotic smells and curios sounds assault the young man's senses as the seasoned explorers and assassins fill many tables with strange food and drink, and the air above them with stories of harrowing valor and loss. His gold flecked eyes dart from one story-teller to the next as he moves about the common room, dipping from sight here and there to appear on the other someplace else listening with rapt attention. "Your stories are all wonderfully colorful, positively brimming with blood and tears. I fear my own exploits to date would not hold a candle to them. I don't think stories of my hundred children have a place here. But at any rate I am Nicodemus Stargazer, recently arrived from far to the east. I have sought out all the mysteries from beyond the stars that I could from my own land, and am now here to see what knowledge these islands have to offer for one as curious as myself."

"It is an honor to be in your presence, Master Stargazer. But I assure you, any and all stories of adventure would be most welcome to fall upon these eager ears. I have none to share myself just yet, however, I find the trials of the world to be fascinating. I am Flervin Deathbeard from a small hovel within The Valley of the Bone."

Voda Vosa

First Post
The gentleman in a jadite ceremonial garnet, probably a monastic tunic, stands up from his table, leaving a flamboyant man sitting alone. He nods to him, and moves to the bar, hands into his sleeves. "I require hot water, honourable keeper" he asks the barman. Once his request is satisfied, he submerges a small bag of paper, with herbs inside, and stirs up the liquid, before moving to another table. He sits down to enjoy his tea. His hands sport long nails, matching his eccentric appearance. He shoots some glances at the other patrons, who notice a sickly green glow in his eyes. Or was it some trick of the tavern's lighting?

Remove ads