• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: There seemed to be enough low levels in the tavern when I checked a week ago. I'll wait a little before adjusting the adventure (but if I will if I absolutely need to).

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: I went from having zero people in an adventure and potentially retiring one, to having two people in an adventure (welcome back again dimsdale!!) So! I'll be deferring to people less busy than myself. I know [MENTION=48854]Vertexx69[/MENTION] has a low level warlock

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
In the corner closest to the fire, where flame and shadow met, the robed figure of a warforged looked on as he had through may days of conversation and meeting on days of tavern full and tavern empty. It said nothing, just watched, flames marching up and down its plating in unknown rhythms. If anyone asked the barkeep about that one, he would only shake his head and say, Incarnation, creation of the great Fire Mage. Touched by powerful forces that one is. Best stay away unless you want to caught up in his doom.

Passing through during the commotion was a very well dressed drow with a couple of fetching lasses on his arm, seeming spinning a tale of adventures that must be too fanciful to be true. Damen Bane he was called, for unlike the warforged, he had no compunction of speaking often, loudly, and broadly---about himself.

No one saw Dox. Nor would they, unless he wished it.
OOC: Just a reminder that my 3 are available, but mostly high level. Dox, the lowest is 9-10 I think. Incarnation and Damen are 13ish.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Let me have a look. Although I can assure you, it would take more than a few minutes. If you wish to embark on this quest and leave me to it, I'll surely be still in the middle of it when you are back. Unless of course you don't wish to part from the book, or not trust me to hold my word. However, I'd pledge to my honour and that of my clan, when I say that you can trust I'll be here with your book when you return." Sheng smiles, before sitting down, with calculated and measured movements. "If I may..." he extends a long nailed hand towards the book.

Sheng is a level 12 sorcerer, he might be way too much level for bug killing. I do have other characters...

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
At that time, a man in heavy tunics, completely grey from dust and dirt enters the tavern, placing his odd shaped staff on the floor, which stands by itself. He also has a book orbiting him. His hands free, he cast a small cantrip, and the dust and dirt is expelled from himself, revealing a dashing white, red and blue robe. Behind him lumbers in another individual, clad in armour, and carrying a sword. "Vermitrax" the obvious mage declares, and moves to an empty table along with his armoured guardian.

Vermitrax, level 9 mage

Voda Vosa

First Post
A towering mass of shambling earth and vegetation steps through the door. It's empty sockets that made the times for eyes scan lazily the tavern. As the massive thing's head turns, a small flower growing in his back shakes from side to side. He pronounces his name, with a voice that sounds both like thunder, and granite gritting against granite. "Earth, protector of Balance." The tremor that produces his declaration makes some of the bushes that grow on him to loose a few dry leaves, and dirt to fall from the ceiling.
The creature walks towards a niche in the wall, near a window where the sun shines through (not a very requested spot by the usually intoxicated patrons) and stands there, occasionally adjusting his position to better receive sunlight on the plants growing on him.

Earth, level 11 Verdant Lord.

Vertexx69

First Post
The twig thin boy kicks off from the bar, to approach the pair of twitchy kobolds. "I have found that bugs are best killed from a good distance. And as the ladies are never found of the many-legged vermin, its always a good idea to rid the world of as many of them as possible. Nicodemus Firegazer at your service." He gives a deferential nod as he obsessively, if unconsciously, twirls the bit of copper piping between his fingers.

Last edited:

Malakai is hesitant for only a moment...should he leave it with the mage and trust his word? He was right though, a book that size might take quite a while to go through...

With a shrug and a nod, Malakai hands Sheng the tome. You'd better be here when I get back... was all he could think before heading over to the Kobold's table. "Let's go kill some bugs."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Perfect. I'll be here waiting." Sheng declares, and opens up the book, to immediately start reading it.

I will roll an arcana check (23), but I assume I can take 20 on this? at any rate, his modifier is +12, so he'll get a 32

Remove ads