Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Antithetist

First Post
Halcyon strides over to the new mechanical arrivals, his heavy metal footfalls reverberating in Leonard's skull. "Well met," he booms, regarding his fellow constructs; his head slowly cocks. "You're... very different. You haven't come from the Forge, have you?" It's a statement of fact rather than a question. He sounds rather disappointed, though also intrigued.

LogicsFate

First Post
We originated from the Creation forge. Looking back to the Clockwork man Prime, was built by a human in an attempt to win a contest. Is Prime your chosen name?

Glancing back to the Forged? Who are you?

Someone

Adventurer
Prime, was built by a human in an attempt to win a contest. Is Prime your chosen name?

*clank*whizzzz*
Code:
*I was considering Johnny or Gort too*

*But I think I prefer Prime*

Antithetist

First Post
We originated from the Creation forge.

Glancing back to the Forged? Who are you?

"My name is Halcyon. You are truly of the Forge? A fellow scion of Allaria?" His eyes blaze, his posture tensed and expectant in a distinctly un-mechanical way; there is something very human about his body language, indeed the very fact that he has body language.

Antithetist

First Post
"Not whole till you had left?" Halcyon asks, seeming to be struggling with the concept; there seems to be some connection with Queen's repeated use of the plural first person pronoun, but none of it seems to make sense. "I don't understand. Your construction was finished outside the forge?"

LogicsFate

First Post
"Not whole till you had left?" Halcyon asks, seeming to be struggling with the concept; there seems to be some connection with Queen's repeated use of the plural first person pronoun, but none of it seems to make sense. "I don't understand. Your construction was finished outside the forge?"

Queen sits straight up again. We are many. Fists held out palms up the Forged opens them to reveal a winged insect in each. They take off and fly away, the pitch of their flight and glint of light off their metallic bodies betray them as tiny constructs. Our creation was oblique, traumatic. The constructs land back on Queen, fold up and disappear into the Warforge's frame. When our mind and form took root, it was far away from civilization. Thus, We know little about the Creation Forge. Tell us.

Last edited:

Antithetist

First Post
Queen sits straight up again. We are many. Fists held out palms up the Forged opens them to reveal a winged insect in each. They take off and fly away, the pitch of their flight and glint of light off their metallic bodies betray them as tiny constructs. Our creation was oblique, traumatic. The constructs land back on Queen, fold up and disappear into the Warforge's frame.

Halcyon nods slowly in something approaching comprehension - this answers some of his questions, at least, even if it raises new ones.

Thus, We know little about the Creation Forge. Tell us.

"The Forge was created many centuries ago, at the height of Allaria's glory," Halcyon says. His pleasure at being asked is obvious - this is clearly a subject dear to him. "There were many Creation Forges, once. The Kingdom's greatest champions swore an oath that was stronger than death; when they fell in battle they would be reborn from one of the forges, bodies forged anew in steel. The great Kingdom fell many years ago, but one forge still remains functional - my creator, and yours. My making was in keeping with the forge's function and history, but yours... sounds otherwise. It is strange."

Remove ads