Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=Voda Vosa] [MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION] I think your email is right on. You're inbox is full btw [/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
The bartender slides over next to Namentah and Rocco, "Aight! Well! Standin' around ain't goin' to get nothin' done! I need ya' both in the cellar. The earth man is already down there. Can't explain it meself, but somethin' aboot portals and unsteady foundations."

[sblock=ooc] If someone walks into the bar in another scene, it wouldn't do to have more people than I can explain going on the adventure... [/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[sblock=ooc] If someone walks into the bar in another scene, it wouldn't do to have more people than I can explain going on the adventure... [/sblock]

After taking care of Nementah temporary weakness, Rocco is surprised to see the adventurers, usually diverse and contentious bunch, converge on the elven paladin and agree to do something together. Especially since there is no prospective client to foot the bill.

Turning toward Blagharm, he shrugs.
"Sure, lead away. I don't like being underground and will not be really useful in steadying the fondation, I'm more of a demolition guy (post #116 and #146). But I'm good for helping Hanged Man."

OOC: Unless you're planning paragon adventure, we could each go onto our respective planes :)

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Blagarm turns to Rocco, almost offended, "Go lead th' way yarself! I'm stayin' right here an' sarvin' drinks!" He sets up seven shot glasses on the table and begins to pour them out, "Ya woundn' get me dan thar far all the gold in th' warld!"

[sblock=OOC]@Neurotic, Blagarm's an NPC, so he's not likely to go anywhere dangerous ;). [/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
The quite of the barren streets is broken by the sound of several large beasts marching in unison and the turning of the large wagon wheels that trail behind them over the uneven path. Some whistles a familiar tune as they head in the direction of the tavern.

The sound reaches just outside the tavern doors and comes to a halt. There is the sound of footfalls hitting the ground and moving, then the sound of steel scraping against steel and the squeak of hinges in need of oil.

"All right girls, let's give these folks a show!"

The familiar tunes starts up again this time with words.

"♫ Come on out and you will see
Fhangrim's Marvelous Menagerie.
With the most exotic beasts that there can be
It's Fhangrim's Marvelous Menagerie.
From sky or land..."

"From cave or wood..."

"From the depths or from the shall..."

"Hmm. What gives? Where is everybody? You girls wait here a minute. If anyone shows up, DON'T eat them. They may be the only paying customer we have left."

The footsteps draw closer to the front door and it opens. A gnoll, dressed in leather armor and top hat, with goggles and other accouterments that appear to have come straight out of some sort of steampunk fantasy peeks his head in.

"Hello?"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
As the dwarven fighter glides down basement stairs, just behind the gnoll shows an elder elf.

"Excuse me, can I pass?"

The staff in elfs hand gently taps left-right-left-right in front of him as he makes his way toward the bar.
"Hello, again, Blagharm. Illarion Meriele, as always at your service. Wine please. Say, is there some kind of carnival going on? The city was terribly quiet while I was getting here...and there is lots of racket in front of the tavern."

The elf turns toward the greatest concentration of adventurers and everyone can see white pupilless eyes looking blindly toward them.

OOC: continuing in IC thread

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Blagarm eyes the gnoll suspiciously, reaching down to wrap his grip around a club he keeps on the top shelf under the counter just in in case. His tension, however, seems to ease as the old elf taps his way to the bar. "An' a plaisure ta' see ya'gain Illarion!" Blagarm reaches across the bar and gives the old, blind elf a gentle pat on the back, pretending to remember him. He uncorks a bottle containing the same concoction he gave to the gnome lady a little while ago, "Ah, th'ole 'anged Man is open again! Fella's are jus' makin' merry, so glad ta be back." Blagarm leans in closer and lowers his voice, "Thar's a meetin' goin' on danstairs ta' see wa' made th' place so d'serted far so long."

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Blagram fails to account for the emptiness of the taproom or the gnoll's keen ears (Passive Perception: 28), but Fhangrim had no difficulty hearing every whispered word between the bartender and the elf. The gnoll smiles a wide, toothy grin and tips his top hat towards Blagram.

"No need to trouble yourself, Blagram. I can show myself down. If people have disappeared then the keen noses of Fhangrim and his marvelous menagerie as the right folks for the job."

Fhangrim proceeds to follow the elf downstairs, just as he crosses the threshold, he peeks his long snout back around the corner.

"Oh Blagram, the girls are roaming free outside since there is no one around to bother them, but do give a holler if they happen to get into anything."

The canine face withdraws back down the stairs.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Blagarm slaps his forehead and frustratedly drags his palm down over his face like so much mud sliding off of a wall, "Ya're welcome!"

He calls down after the gnoll, "An' I ain' no p'liceman, so yar gals a' be'er b'have themselves! I ain' r'spons'ble!" blagarm turns back to the elf and stops short of whispering his thoughts. Instead he rolls his eyes in frustration and keeps them in his head...blasted gnolls an' blindmen! can' whisper, can' give signs, aye!

Remove ads