• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The drow mulls over the appearance of the combatants and spectators over his class of dark red Chateau Bacarte Bloodwine.

BenBrown

First Post
Kaeysari follows Papolstaanas into the tavern, and takes a seat beside him at the table.
"Not really thirsty after that brandy," she says. "I wonder what they've got for food in here. Snake on a stick is good for an appetizer, but I think I need more."

Mewness

First Post
Papolstaanas taps his fingers on the table. "Where's Castofle when you need him? He'd know what goes well with--with brandy and, um, snake. Maybe just some bread and cheese."

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Mikara drags herself into The Hanged Man, staggering badly. She's been bleeding heavily for quite some time, and is barely able to stand. When she finally drops into a seat next to Artemis, her voice is barely a whisper, "H...how many'd you get?"

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis reaches inside his pack for some field bandages.

"Sargent always said, 'Be prepared'. I'm no where as good with these as Mercurial, but you look like you could get some help with that bleeding."

He helps or lets Mikara do the bandaging herself.

"Only three kills, so don't start bragging. That dragon nearly did me in. Thanks for that."

He leans way back in his chair, slowly nursing his beer, "You know, I feel sore... tired... exhausted... yet happy. Satisfied. Like something good just happened."

Then the grin is back, "It's just like after good sex."

[sblock=ooc] I can edit that out if anyone finds that offensive :) [/sblock]

Darksteed

First Post
*The stocky steel clad goblin re-entered the bar.*

Ahh now this is more like it!

*Grinning under his masked helm. Removing his cigar from his mouth as he looked around. He put it out upon the palm of his hand. Reaching down to a box strapped to his leg. He opened the box and pulled out a fresh cigar, ripping the tip off of it he placed it into his mouth. Snapping his fingers, a small flame would ignite upon his index finger, he raised it to his cigar and lit it. Sighing heavily to himself.*

Much better.

*His eyes rested upon the injured woman Mikara within the room. With another sigh he advanced upon the pair. Stopping beside them at the table, he looked up.*

Boy you two look rather rough. 'ere this should help yee.

*Said as another puff of smoke bellowed out around him, funneling out from beneath his masked helm. Kauldron reached out and place a hand gently upon Mikara's leg. He paused to focus for a moment in time. His eyes closing to aid in the concentration. He began to glow with holy radiance as his strength went into her. Her wounds slowly but visibly begin to heal. After a moment or two his glowing stops and kauldron nods reopening his eyes, Then removes his hand from Mikara.*

There yee be lass. Don't got much more then that to give yee but it should help some.

*He nods again to her then wanders off to go find a seat somewhere to sit.*

Last edited:

Mogwaimon

First Post
Rolf follows Kauldron through the door, but instead of sitting with him, he sidles up to the bar and takes a seat. He then belligerently bellows "Barkeep! Where's the barkeep!? I need two mugs o' ale and a bucket o' wings!"

jugglingrobot

First Post
A large red and black Dragonborn enters and has a seat at the end of the bar.

'Tender! Ah'll be havin' ah pint, Yer fattest roast an' Yer leanest worg. An be sure ta keep the pints comin'

Mewness

First Post
Papolstaanas decides to order some bread and cheese after all. Then it occurs to him that wine is supposed to go with cheese, so he orders some of that, too. He falls nervously silent as the dragonborn enters, but pipes up again when a boy brings the food. "What kind of cheese is this?"

The boy shrugs. "You didn't seem fussy about the variety, and it needs to be eaten. It's very ripe."

Papolstaanas frowns as the boy leaves. "Does cheese get ripe? I thought just fruit. It's really soft! Is it supposed to be this soft? Look, I can spread it around with my finger. Why did he even bring me a knife? Well, actually, it's pretty good, even if it is kind of..." He munches on bread and cheese for a bit, passing the knife to Kaeysari and turning back to address Dante the githzerai. "The bartender got into a fight? How did that happen? And with a dragon and everything! I thought I saw a dragon." He falls abruptly silent again. Did that drow fellow just look at him oddly?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The drow sniffs the air when the cheese is served. He peers at it a moment, then raises an eyebrow. Ripe? Ripe, indeed. If that Paglietta was bought more than two days before I would have it sent back. And considering the Imperium is the only place I know where that variety is from, its freshness cannot be guaranteed. He shakes his head slightly and continues sipping his fine wine.

Remove ads