Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The woman looks at Shamus. "Stole cows you say? Was that all they did? Sounds a little tame for Rhagast, but it's the closest thing I've found to a lead in this town. I will investigate this raid if you will permit me to come. Even if it isn't Rhagast's Raiders that committed it, it is my pleasure to see any who would call themselves raiders or brigands die in screaming agony.

Her eye glitters like an ember and any trace of smile vanishes. It might just be the light, but it seems like pale yellow-white flames flicker between her fingers.

Her slight smile returns as she turns to Kauldron. "Let's just say that I have some personal business to resolve with a certain raider and his band.

She turns to the drow, withdrawing her hand and patting him on the cheek a couple times - though whether the gesture is intended to be friendly or demeaning seems to be left purposely ambiguous. Quite a name you have there Damen. Would that be of the Talenbanerans, the Founders? I must admit it has been some time since I've heard someone refer to me as a "beauty." Radiant I sometimes get, but that's for an all-together different reason.

Her smile twitches slightly then fades in an instant. She looks around at the tavern and raises her voice. If anyone comes across any information on a certain raider named Rhaghast and his band, have it left here for Phoenix. I'll be stop back in here from time to time to check and reward you with coin if your information leads me closer to him.

As she does so, her gaze stops at Tarkus and squints slightly at him. "You there, I don't suppose you'd be the Tarkus the Crusader? Also known as Tarkus the Orator? Rumors have you a living sacrifice by the high priests of Ea. I guess the rumors are somewhat less than substantial."

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
Papolstaanas is startled by Kaeysari's sudden change in demeanor. "Are you all right?" he whispers.

"I'm fine. Just instincts from a lot of drill."

"You there, I don't suppose you'd be the Tarkus? Tarkus the orator? Rumors have you a living sacrifice by the high priests of Ea. Guess the rumors are somewhat less than substantial."

"Wait... Tarkus the Crusader... that Tarkus?" Kaeysari pales slightly. "I didn't know you were still alive, sir. Nobody knew where you went. There was a lot of talk, but we were on the frontier, and never learned anything."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
She turns to the drow, withdrawing her hand and patting him on the cheek a couple times - though whether the gesture is intended to be friendly or demeaning seems to be left purposely ambiguous. Quite a name you have there Damen. Would that be of the Talenbanerans, the Founders? I must admit it has been some time since I've heard someone refer to me as a "beauty." Radiant I sometimes get, but that's for an all-together different reason.
Damen smiles his disarming smile again. I only speak the truth, my lady. I'm sure it would be confirmed by any. And, as to my parentage, you would be correct. Though, I pray you do not hold it against me. He winks.

He turns briefly to "the Crusader" but finds nothing particularly to keep his interest.

Mewness

First Post
"Do we have enough people yet?" asks Papolstaanas, even though nobody is paying much attention to him. "One... two... three... I can't tell, the way everyone keeps crowding around that lady with the bellybutton. But it looks like we've got quite a few, doesn't it?"

JoeNotCharles

First Post
"Wait... Tarkus the Crusader... that Tarkus?" Kaeysari pales slightly. "I didn't know you were still alive, sir. Nobody knew where you went. There was a lot of talk, but we were on the frontier, and never learned anything."

Tarkus shrugs deprecatingly. "Now, don't put me on a pedestal. I'm just a man who answered his call. You can achieve greatness too, if you listen closely for the promptings of the gods and hold yourself ready to do their bidding!" He turns to the woman. "A living sacrifice? Is that what they're saying? Rumours are always exaggerated. It's true that I was... chastised... when my last crusade fell short of its military objectives. You could see this venture I've been sent on as a demotion. But I prefer to see it as a chance to see the world up close, without an army trailing around after me and getting in the way!"

Darksteed

First Post
*Kauldron looks up and eyes the well spoken snootie drow. He smirks to himself as he flicks the ashes off the tip of his cigar then places it back into his mouth.*

Yee got balls there lad I'll give yee that.

*Letting out a bellow of smoke towards the drow in front of him idly. Then looks to Phoenix.*

I see. Well it is always good to have yourself a hobby or two. I hope yee find the man, yee be looking for.

*He looks back to the farmer.*

Seems yee have quite a few looking to aid yee. Best yee be making a decision soon on who your takin with yee.

To answer two pages back, same as he told Papolstaanas in the temple of Lauto.
"I'm an angel, my good man, walking the lands of mortals."

Listening to his trouble, Cyr shrugs.
"It ought to be easier then chasing warlocks all over Kythira. If you promise me there is no jungle involved, I'm in."

OOC: Seven samurai ride again

IronSky, thanks for the offer, I'll go with this group as there currently seem to be shortage on higher level controllers. If the tower re-re-rise again, I'm reserving a spot :)

renau1g

First Post
"Ain't no jungle, well I don't think there's no jungle, heck I ain't even know what a jungle is? Alrighty, the short guy has a point. Enough of you here now I s'pose. Ok, so you, you, you, you, you, you, you,...aaannnnndddd you" Shamus says, pointing at Damen, Cyr, Papolstaanas, Kauldron, Phoenix, Kaeysari, and Tarkus.

"Anyofya got any horses?" he asks hopefully, leading the group out of the tavern.

[sblock=ooc]
Sorry to those I couldn't take, I had the adventure at a higher level. I know we have one adventure approved for lower level PC's so you shouldn't be waiting long.

For the 7 please head over to the IC thread to continue. http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/297819-night-four-seasons-dm-renau1g-judge-tbd.html
[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
Kaeysari takes another big bite of bread and cheese, then for good measure sticks whatever's left on the table in her bag.

"Rhhdy th gh?" she asks Papolstaanas as she munches. She grabs her weapon and follows Shamus out the door.

Remove ads