Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Mewness

First Post
Papolstaanas nods, draining the remainder of another cup of wine, and follows Kaeysari (in a not entirely straight line) out of the tavern.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Damen inclines his head and stretches his arm to allow Phoenix to proceed him. Making a mock bow, he exits.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Phoenix rolls her eyes out of Damen's sight, but nods graciously and heads for the tavern door. There she stops for a moment and turns back to the tavern.

"Remember. Rhagast. Information. Hanged Man. Phoenix. Put them together and you've got some gold."

With that, she leaves.

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Tarkus hurriedly drains his wine and rises. "No rest for the righteous," he comments, retrieving his mace and following the others out.

As he is leaving he nearly bumps into a dwarf who is so wide he fills the doorway. The two maneuver awkwardly for a moment until they have swapped places, with Tarkus outside and the dwarf within.

The newcomer nods in appreciation and walks over to the bar, where he slumps on his elbows and orders an ale. His face is lined with exhaustion and his both his brilliant orange clothing and his skin hang loosely, as though despite his rotund stature he has lost weight. He gulps back his ale and orders another. "Thanks, I needed that," he mumbles as he pays the barkeep.

After downing his second ale, he looks a little perkier and looks around at the bar's other occupants "I haven't been in for a while so I see a lot of new people here. I guess I should announce myself," he announces. "7 Rabbit. Yes, it's a funny name here, but it's common where I come from."

He turns back to the barkeep and says, loud enough for all around to hear, "Has Veruzak been here lately?" The barkeep shrugs.

Mogwaimon

First Post
Rolf shrugs his shoulders and sits back down at the bar after the farmer seems to brush him off. He was probably a peasant farmer anyways, and splitting a mercenary contract from a mere farmer between seven people would likely turn out to be more trouble than it was worth. So, he returns to the bar and sits on a stool again and goes back to raising a ruckus over ale and chicken wings By the time 7 Rabbit has come in, he's chugging ale from two separate mugs and eating chicken like it was his last day alive.

He looks over and examines the stout dwarf as he sits and introduces himself, and replies,"I'm Rolf. Rolf Deathaxe. Guess ye could say I'm new around this tavern, been in the city for a while taking odd jobs but they're startin' t' dry up. Ye look like you're starved half t' death, boy. Eat up!" He slides his bucket of wings over to a spot between himself and 7 Rabbit, intending to share the remainder

OOC: Renau1g - Don't worry about it, dude. I saw the posts in the "Upcoming adventures" thread after I posted and was like...whoops, this one is already spoken for, haha.

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
Veruzak! Gil's head snaps in 7 Rabbits direction, he makes a bee line for the dwarf, looking him over along the way.

Stopping short, the wizard bows at the waist, bringing his enchanted cloak up with one hand, and tipping his hat with the other. Dante Mephisto Gilgamesh, Wizard First Class Wizards Academy, Imperia. Recently enrolled to the Institute for Arcane Ciphers, I have a letter instructing me to seek out and gain approval from Veruzak Choru'Skate, in order to make a sister school of the IAC. Gil stands, the shifting golden tiger stripes of his robe strobe over each other, and make the velvet purple cloth stand out to the eye even more.

I like the clothes, very fashionable! What was your name again?

JoeNotCharles

First Post
"7 Rabbit is my name. Yes, I too am a member of the Institute. But I've been busy taking care of my brother for several months, and neglecting society business. I was hoping Veruzak could tell me what news while I was gone." He looks around again, but can't see any other IAC members that he knows. "I see we've become more open about the Ciphers' existence, for one thing."

"I'm sorry, I don't think I can give you the approval you need, at least until I've made sure I'm still in good standing. But tell me more of this sister school you want to found. Would it be located at this Academy in Imperia - am I understanding right?"

Darksteed

First Post
*A tall well dressed Shardmind enters the tavern. He idly looks around the room as if surveying it's occupants. His turquoise crystalline skin shimmers as the lantern and candle lights pass over him. He tips black top-hat to obscure his eyes from those surveying him. Idly he saunters into the tavern founding himself a quiet table by himself. He unsheathes his polearm and rests it against the table before taking a seat and folding his arms across his chest. He patiently awaits the next patron to offer coin to achieve some goal.*

Remove ads