Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

CaBaNa

First Post
Gil watches as 7 Rabbit takes interest in the boisterous construct. A jovial feeling ran through the young man, and he rejoined Artemis in revelry. Quite a good deed then, and with the added benefit of a reward. Maybe you have a better chance at reclaiming that soul than you think friend. I'll help, just being around you seems to increase my capacity for learning. Gil gestures toward 7 Rabbit, Interesting Dwarf there, tragic story about his brother, seems they need a miracle. I'll learn what it takes to perform miracles one day, that's the day I'll help you both. Gil raises his glass again, toasting Artemis, To a Hardened Battle Captain!

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis stirs from his post-combat glow, "Gil, you honor me too much."

He gestures to Bob for another ale as his tankard is empty.

"But I've been thinking about things and I've come to a conclusion. I think I'm here to help you, not the other way around."

He takes a sip.

"Look at our situations. You're here to explore, to learn, to grow... you're exploding in your excitement for the new experience. Anyone can see you're going to become something amazing."

"My situation is different. I'm running from something I don't understand. I ask you this, Gil, who sounds the hero?"

JoeNotCharles

First Post
7 Rabbit halts in his tracks and pulls out a small notebook. "A party of five already formed? That's more than I could have hoped for! I thought I would have to track down each hero individually. What are their names? I will speak to them and find out if their horoscopes are right!

Oh, and while I'm at it, under what star were you born? Er, or made?"

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
UNFORTUNATELY, SIR EXSIXTEN HAS ONLY SEEN ONE MEMBER OF THE ULTIMATE LEAGUE OF ULTIMATE VICTORY SINCE HE ARRIVED AT THIS TOWN AND THAT ONE... the warforged pauses and looks around for a minute, then, apparently not spotting whoever he was looking for, turns back to 7 Rabbit... HAS BEEN DISINTEGRATED.

NEVER FEAR HOWEVER, I HAVE NO DOUBT THAT THERE ARE PLENTY MORE CITIZENS OF JUSTICE WHEREVER THEY CAME FROM.

AS FOR SIR EXSIXTEN'S ASTROLIGATION, THE CHAMPION OF THE ORDER OF THE RED PLUS WAS FORMED WHEN THE LORDS OF AWESOME MELTED THE STAR OF SERENDIPITY INTO THE SOLDER OF STRENGTH AND PROCURED THE CRUCIBLE OF COMPLETE COURAGE. THEY MELTED THE MOON OF MAGNIFICENCE AND MANUFACTURED ITS MANY MAGICAL METALS INTO... ME.

bluesfella

Explorer
*The door opens, and in walks a towering Goliath. Clad in a chainmail, with a bearskin cloak and hood, and carrying a huge axe over one shoulder, he strides to the middle of the room and looks around.*

Greetings! My name is Zardi, and I'm here to find work.

*He holds his giant axe aloft.*

I smash things...with this...

*He takes another look around, and apparently satisfied with his rudimentary introduction, nods to himself, and walks to the bar. Sitting down, he leans in to the bartender, and speaks softly.*

You wouldn't happen to serve any...halfling...here, would you?

Image:
OOC:
oakenbarbariangoliath64.jpg

OOC: Goliath Barbarian Level 1. Brand new player on the boards! Can't wait to get started. I have 1 of the 2 approvals already for my character.

kristoaster

First Post
"Sir Exsixten has some halfing, goliath-man," says Dante to the newcomer, trying to hide his smirk. Why did this goon have to sit next to me? the githzerai thinks to himself.

CaBaNa

First Post
Artemis stirs from his post-combat glow, "Gil, you honor me too much."

He gestures to Bob for another ale as his tankard is empty.

"But I've been thinking about things and I've come to a conclusion. I think I'm here to help you, not the other way around."

He takes a sip.

"Look at our situations. You're here to explore, to learn, to grow... you're exploding in your excitement for the new experience. Anyone can see you're going to become something amazing."

"My situation is different. I'm running from something I don't understand. I ask you this, Gil, who sounds the hero?"

I hadn't thought of it like that. Gil looks increasingly uncomfortable, having dealt with very few people worse off than himself. Being that he didn't have a very hard life, made it even more difficult for the young wizard to relate.

I don't know, you have the better nemesis and all. I hide during battle, you stand and fight. I'm just a scholar, you're a hero, willing to risk your soul for the power to change the world. Scratching his head, he continues, Most of the people in the tavern now, owe their lives, to you and Mercurial.

Gil pats Artemis on the arm, Best way to deal with the unknown, is to learn about it.

Darksteed

First Post
*The voice in Mercurial's head pauses a moment. Though again Hunzu does not move from his current position.*

Ahh...a changeling. How very intriguing. Since you have shown me something interesting this evening I will partake in this event of questions. I am a Shardmind, my dear. An entity of raw psionic energy taken form by a rare crystalline source found deep within the earth. Does this satisfy your thirst for knowledge?

bluesfella

Explorer
"Sir Exsixten has some halfing, goliath-man," says Dante to the newcomer, trying to hide his smirk. Why did this goon have to sit next to me? the githzerai thinks to himself.

*Zardi glances at the githzerai...with a look of slight embarrassment on his face.*

I didn't think anyone else heard me. I've been told halfings were...delicious...but I don't even know what they look like.

So, *glancing around the bar* point out this Sir Exsixteen to me, and I will ask him...

FourMonos

First Post
I don't know, you have the better nemesis and all. I hide during battle, you stand and fight. I'm just a scholar, you're a hero, willing to risk your soul for the power to change the world. Scratching his head, he continues, Most of the people in the tavern now, owe their lives, to you and Mercurial.

Gil pats Artemis on the arm, Best way to deal with the unknown, is to learn about it.

"Ah Gil, now you've gone and cheered me up," Artemis smiles broadly.

"How about this, what if we're both heroes? Each of us has this epic future in front of us. Nations conquered, mysteries solved. Fame... power... women..."

Artemis extends his hand, "How bout it Gil? We conquer this world together?"

Remove ads