Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

rb780nm

First Post
"Indeed!" Sound of Stone agrees enthusiastically. "I believe that the number of time Friend Artemis and Friend Mercurial have relieved me of dire wounds is at least one and one claw." Sound of Stone holds up four digits, all three on his left secondary claw and one on the right.

"While I have been working on my skills at avoiding enemy strikes, I am sure that friends like you two will be needed by this one very often."

CaBaNa

First Post
Gil thinks on it, Deal, reaching out to embrace Artemis forearm, Gil continues jovially, The world, starting with Alaria!

Shooting Sound of Stone a smile, Gil gawks unabashed at the unusual anatomy. Gods you're interesting.

kristoaster

First Post
I didn't think anyone else heard me. I've been told halfings were...delicious...but I don't even know what they look like.

So, *glancing around the bar* point out this Sir Exsixteen to me, and I will ask him...

"You will be overheard when you sit next to a fellow," Dante says with a smile, indicating the boisterous warforged across the room with a pale green finger. "Over there."

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"How bout it Gil? We conquer this world together?"
Mikara stirs from having been staring at the wall for quite some time. She takes a drink from Artemis' tankard, "Conquering is good,
but saving it is better.
It makes no diff'rence.

The world falls quite well
on its own if given time.
Just you wait and see.

Who wants to rule a pile of bones bleached dry,
or reap riches only in time to die.

I would advise you not to look for fame,
but yet to make for yourself a good name."

bluesfella

Explorer
"You will be overheard when you sit next to a fellow," Dante says with a smile, indicating the boisterous warforged across the room with a pale green finger. "Over there."

Thank you!

*Zardi turns, eyes the metal man intently, and walks over to him.*

Sir...I was told you may have some halfling meat? I would be interested in trying it...I don't have a lot of coin, still looking for jobs and all...anyway, how much?

Fyrm

First Post
The child looks up at the shardmind with an expression of admiration. Cool! I'm Mercurial by the way. he says, as he starts to grow and age, reaching the shardmind's eye level.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
UNFORTUNATELY, SIR EXSIXTEN HAS ONLY SEEN ONE MEMBER OF THE ULTIMATE LEAGUE OF ULTIMATE VICTORY SINCE HE ARRIVED AT THIS TOWN AND THAT ONE... the warforged pauses and looks around for a minute, then, apparently not spotting whoever he was looking for, turns back to 7 Rabbit... HAS BEEN DISINTEGRATED.

NEVER FEAR HOWEVER, I HAVE NO DOUBT THAT THERE ARE PLENTY MORE CITIZENS OF JUSTICE WHEREVER THEY CAME FROM.

7 Rabbit frowns as he tries to untwist the metal man's words. "So you DON'T have a group of five saviours assembled at this moment? Well, thanks for your time."

AS FOR SIR EXSIXTEN'S ASTROLIGATION, THE CHAMPION OF THE ORDER OF THE RED PLUS WAS FORMED WHEN THE LORDS OF AWESOME MELTED THE STAR OF SERENDIPITY INTO THE SOLDER OF STRENGTH AND PROCURED THE CRUCIBLE OF COMPLETE COURAGE. THEY MELTED THE MOON OF MAGNIFICENCE AND MANUFACTURED ITS MANY MAGICAL METALS INTO... ME.

Rabbit scribbles frantically in his book. "I'm sure I'll be able to untangle this sooner or later. I'll be back to consider your application again if the stars are right." He hurries back to the bar near Gil, and sits squinting at his charts, rubbing his temples as if to ward off a headache and soothe the ringing in his ears.

FourMonos

First Post
"Conquering is good,
but saving it is better.
It makes no diff'rence.

The world falls quite well
on its own if given time.
Just you wait and see.

Who wants to rule a pile of bones bleached dry,
or reap riches only in time to die.

I would advise you not to look for fame,
but yet to make for yourself a good name."

Artemis takes his tankard back from Mikara and toasts her, "Mikara. Our diamond... (then circles his finger to indicate the tavern) ...in the rough."

He slides the still full beer tankard back to her, stands and hands some coins to the barkeep. "Keep my spot. I'm still itching from the dragon breath. I'm going to get out of this armor for a moment, take a bath. I'll be back in a bit."

He walks, mostly in a straight line, upstairs.

Darksteed

First Post
*Hunzu tilts his head slightly to the side, just barely enough for one eye to be seen under his brimmed top hat. The voice continues within Mercurials head.*

I am the mercenary know as Hunzu Seisoku-Kurisutaru.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Sir...I was told you may have some halfling meat? I would be interested in trying it...I don't have a lot of coin, still looking for jobs and all...anyway, how much?

HALFLING MEAT? SIR EXSIXTEN NEVER GOES HALF-WAY ON ANYTHING! GIVE HIM A DRAGON AND SIR EXSIXTEN WILL FEAST ON DRAGON WINGS, FACE HIM AGAINST A DEMON AND HE'LL HAVE DEMON MEAT, PIT HIM AGAINST A GELATINOUS CUBE AND HE WILL INVENT JELLO!

Sir Exsixten looks the barbarian UP AND DOWN. WHAT IS THIS 'COIN' YOU SPEAK OF? SIR EXSIXTEN HAS HEARD THE TERM BEFORE, WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

Remove ads