• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

bluesfella

Explorer
*Enchanted by Mikara's song, Zardi listens intently. Then, surprised by the metal man standing next to him, Zardi takes a step back. Holding the handle of his axe, his fingers twitch nervously as he mumbles to himself.*

These...people...are strange. I need to find something to cut in half soon, or I shall go as crazy as them.

*Realizing the implications of that thought, he speaks up.*

I think we could all use something to do...like a job or a task or something. Does anyone have a job we could all do to make us feel better? Some evil we can go kill?

Anyone?

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis returns after a short while, looking a little more clean and chipper. He stops at the bar and grabs armfuls of beef stew and mugs of ale. He leaves one for Sound of Stone, whom stepped out as well, and for Mercurial who is talking to the shard thing.

He gives bowels of stew to Gil and 7 Rabbit. He comments, "You look like you need something to eat while you 'stew' over those charts," with a very cheesy smile.

Finally he sits down across from Mikara. He slides a bowel of stew and an ale in front of her.

Looking out about the room, to no one in particular, "Tis a sad thing when the living are buried with the dead."

He then starts to eat his stew, waiting for her response.

Darksteed

First Post
*Hunzu tilts his head to the side slightly to look over at the large barbarian with the ax in hand. His eyes flash with a glowing light, as his deep lightly echoing voice enters Zardi's head.*

That is why we are all waiting cretin. If there was something to go do we would be doing that instead. Now holster your ax and take a seat. Calm yourself and wait like a good little boy, like the others are.

*He lowers his head once again waiting patiently at his table near the rear of the room.*

bluesfella

Explorer
*Zardi squints at the intrusion into his thoughts, and looks around to see who is talking to him. Spotting Hunzu, he strides over.*

Listen, crystal-man. I don't care if you are waiting for croutons or not, but I don't like waiting around. I'm going to go find some wood to chop or something. And I'm NOT a good little boy!

*He starts to walk out of the tavern, and says to no one in particular:*

I'll be right back...

Neil1889

First Post
A few minutes later, the door opens partially and the diminutive figure of a 3'4" tall female humanoid steps into the inn. She turns and looks both behind her and upwards at something outside before closing the door. She wrinkles her nose and then takes a look around the patrons as walks slowly over to the bar.

She stops some distance away from the bar and addresses the maid with a half smile, "I'll take a small beer, if you please."

The bar maid’s own half smile is wiped off when a ghostly disembodied hand deposits the coin next to her. The maid doesn’t quite drop the tankard, but she does manage to spill a little on the bar top as she sets it down. This doesn’t bother the ghostly hand in the slightest, which promptly seizes the drink and floats it over and downwards to the small woman, who takes the drink in turn from the floating appendage. She takes a first tentative sip at it, then nods in approval and winks at the other woman.

Momentarily, the stranger then studies the coded message above the bar, turns and walks over to the patrons discussing astronomy. The ghostly hand takes the drink ahead of her to the adjacent table and deposits it there before winking out of existence. She then moves a chair to a position that affords a better view around her, but contents herself with leaning on the seat as she looks over to the next table.

"Good afternoon. I’m Lilli. I’m interested in the pursuing the content of the IAC’s message and I hope that some of you may be the kind of souls that’ll help a stranger to this quarter of the city."

She smiles a half smile at the nearby patrons.

CaBaNa

First Post
Artemis returns after a short while, looking a little more clean and chipper. He stops at the bar and grabs armfuls of beef stew and mugs of ale. He leaves one for Sound of Stone, whom stepped out as well, and for Mercurial who is talking to the shard thing.

He gives bowels of stew to Gil and 7 Rabbit. He comments, "You look like you need something to eat while you 'stew' over those charts," with a very cheesy smile.

Thank you! Very punny. laughs Gil, before pulling the bowl to his lips, and inhaling the stew.

A few minutes later, the door opens partially and the diminutive figure of a 3'4" tall female humanoid steps into the inn. She turns and looks both behind her and upwards at something outside before closing the door. She wrinkles her nose and then takes a look around the patrons as walks slowly over to the bar.

She stops some distance away from the bar and addresses the maid with a half smile, "I'll take a small beer, if you please."

The bar maid’s own half smile is wiped off when a ghostly disembodied hand deposits the coin next to her. The maid doesn’t quite drop the tankard, but she does manage to spill a little on the bar top as she sets it down. This doesn’t bother the ghostly hand in the slightest, which promptly seizes the drink and floats it over and downwards to the small woman, who takes the drink in turn from the floating appendage. She takes a first tentative sip at it, then nods in approval and winks at the other woman.

Momentarily, the stranger then studies the coded message above the bar, turns and walks over to the patrons discussing astronomy. The ghostly hand takes the drink ahead of her to the adjacent table and deposits it there before winking out of existence. She then moves a chair to a position that affords a better view around her, but contents herself with leaning on the seat as she looks over to the next table.

"Good afternoon. I’m Lilli. I’m interested in the pursuing the content of the IAC’s message and I hope that some of you may be the kind of souls that’ll help a stranger to this quarter of the city."

She smiles a half smile at the nearby patrons.

Cheers Lilli, I'm Gil, a member of the institute and arcanist. I've just arrived to the islands recently as well, and let me tell you, every moment is a learning experience! 7 Rabbit,

Gil excitedly gestures to the dwarf by raising his hand up above 7 Rabbit's head and pointing all the way down to his feet, is teaching me Astro-no-me right now, and earlier we learned about the consequences of extortion on the Hanged Man, one of the examples is still hanging outside! If you came to learn about things the IAC is the magnet school for you, I'm so happy to have come to IAC Daunton, everyone is friendly, and the diversity is unmatched. I'm sure IAC Bacarte is just as exciting, if you were just passing via portal. Gil takes a deep breath, and begins to open his mouth again, Umm... :blush: After realizing he'd been rambling excitedly with a stranger, Gil suddenly clams up a bit, old fears of being rejected bubbling up and overwhelming the young man.

I'm a graduate from The Academy. mutters gil Gil, otherwise at a loss.

Last edited:

Darksteed

First Post
*Hunzo idly ignores the brutes nature of the hulking barbarian. His attention turning to the gathering of arcane personel. He stands to his feet and straightens out his fine suit jacket. Before picking up his polearm and reholstering it upon his back. Meandering over to beside the magical small stature female that just entered and the group she was conversing with currently. He looks over the lot of them before speaking via telepathy to the gathering. His voice that enters there heads is rather deep and echoes slightly.*

Did I over hear you correctly that there is a school for the arcane around here? I am curious about such knowledge.

*He looks them over once again.*

CaBaNa

First Post
EE! Gil smiles broadly, happy to be apart of the conversation, Yes, and I'm trying start a sister school program with them and The Wizards Academy Imperia! So far the Institute for Arcane Ciphers has been a great learning experience! Gil refers to the IAC as if it was different than any other school he'd been too.

Gil changes modes quickly, overtaken with curiosity, What powers you? Are you a construct? Do you eat? Can I have a piece of you? Pulling on his hair as he says it, as if the shardmind would understand hair isn't necessary for humans.

Last edited:

Darksteed

First Post
*He pauses a moment in time as he is bombarded with questions from this odd flesh thing. Though after a long long moment of awkward silence Hunzu continues the telepathic conversation with the select group.*

As for my powers as you have put them. I am an Enchanter. I bend peoples actions to my very will. I am a shardmind. A being of pure psionic energy taken form through a special crystal found deep underground. So I suppose I may be a construct for I have no use for eating, drinking, sleeping, or breathing. And no you may not have a piece.

*He looks around the group.*

I believe this is satisfactory to your needs.

Neil1889

First Post
Lilli looks Gil in the eye.

“Well Gil, I suppose I might be what was once called a hedge wizard, what with being taught by an older relative who lived near a rosehip hedge.”

There’s a flicker of a smile there.

“I don’t know that much about the local astronomy or indeed astrology at all either. The stars looked very much different back home. I’ve been taking a little look these last few months, though getting used to this city and the new language has been taking up most of my time.”

Lilli looks up and down the crystalline gentleman.

“Forgive me, is the telepathy purely natural? Also, that's a very nice ensemble. Was the tailoring by Gen the Halfling? I’ve seen a cloth like that over in her shop.”

Remove ads