• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION], the experience posted before I was done writing, it sounds like a great idea! Remember to update the wiki if you claim a new site. I've still got the original claim form Martelai made up on the wiki. Mostly thanks to r1.

Yeah, I already updated wiki, put Martelai on, gauged his status and put him as head of Bacarte office.

As for Rocco, there is no organization yet, I remember it was on Veruzak to come to the conclusion they needed such force and I cannot use Martelai to bring in Rocco due to 'no interaction' rule

CaBaNa

First Post
Veruzak is now a "free to use" retired PC/NPC, he can still give Rocco the clearance he needs. Something about Kruthik Hives made the fussy wizard want to retire from adventuring, and take up running the IAC full-time ;) I saw the members section you created, thanks!

Snapping out of his stupor, Gil listens to Mikara's song, after Artemis makes his observations Gil chimes in, Mikara's explanation sounds far more complex than 7 Rabbits... Who is a Tom? I'm not a Tom, oh no Artemis, she may have lost it! the concern on Gils face is apparent, as he begins backing away from the crazed elf. Wait... What's a scientist? Curiosity lured Gil toward the crazed elf again, as he began slowly sneaking toward her.

Last edited:

Fyrm

First Post
At the end of the song, Mercurial burst into laughter. That was funny! you'll have to teach me that some time. He then changes into a mirror image of Mikara.
A star is a glass of incedental brass
A gigantic numeral furn-ture
something something something, something
at a temptation of a miniature dogy.
He continues to hum the tune to the song, ocasionaly spouting out a word that doesn't quite seem right.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Mikara, who has actually been listening, despite appearing aloof, hears 7 Rabbit talking about things about which he knows nothing.

Perhaps I should educate the fellow

She begins to sing to herself again, softly, but this time, a little more cheerfully

The senior man and the young sobbing woman that have been sitting in the bar stand up. As the couple pass next to the singing elf, the gentlemen catches the tune. He looks like a work man, used to lift a shovel rather than sitting behind a desk. However, his eyes are wise, betraying his exterior looks. Like the wise eyes of the elven elders, that betray their young appearance.
"Apologies my lady." he bows. "We are in quite a predicament, and would like your assistance. A group of seasoned adventurers have agree to help us in a most urgent matter, however, several hours have passed, and we haven't heard of them still. The life of her husband is at stake, if you would be so kind as to help us and contact the brave adventurers, and aid them in their quest, we'll be grateful, but in soul and gold. The adventurers were the renown Soldier and Jarel-Karn, along with a half elven warlock, and a shifter and goliath warrior. A young mistrel was with them as well."

Adventure call for [MENTION=79440]H.M.Gimlord[/MENTION]

rb780nm

First Post
Sound of Stone walks back into the bar.

"We had a song similar to that one in my clutch...

The sun is a miasma
Of incandescent plasma
The sun's not simply made out of gas
No, no, no

The sun is a quagmire

It's not made of fire
Forget what you've been told in the past

(Plasma!)

Electrons are free
(Plasma!)
Fourth state of matter
Not gas, not liquid, not solid

The sun isn't a red dwarf

I hope it never morphs
Into a supernova'd collapsed orb
Orb, orb, orb

The sun is a miasma

Of incandescent plasma
I forget what I was told by myself
Elf, elf, elf

(Plasma!)

Electrons are free
(Plasma!)
Fourth state of matter

(Plasma!)

Forget that song
(Plasma!)
They got it wrong
That thesis has been rendered invalid

The sun is a miasma
Of incandescent plasma
The sun's not simply made out of gas
No, no, no

The sun is a quagmire

It's not made of fire
Forget what you've been told in the past

(Plasma!)

Electrons are free
(Plasma!)
Fourth state of matter

The sun isn't a red dwarf

I hope it never morphs
Into a supernova'd collapsed orb
Orb, orb, orb

The sun is a miasma

Of incandescent plasma
I forget what I was told by myself
Elf, elf, elf

(Plasma!)

Electrons are free
(Plasma!)
Fourth state of matter

(Plasma!)

Forget that song
(Plasma!)
They got it wrong
That thesis has been rendered invalid"

[/OOC]:) Why Does The Sun Really Shine? - TMBW: The They Might Be Giants Knowledge Base [/OOC]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I believe so, yes." replies the old gentleman. "I trust you are capable of tracking them right? I might be an old clay gatherer, but I'm not blind. I recognize a tracker when I see one. They were going to check a pottery shop in the first place, so I think that's a good starting point." the man adds. "does this mean you'll help us?"

JoeNotCharles

First Post
As Mikara gets distracted, 7 Rabbit turns back to his companions. "People here have..." He pauses and winces as Sound of Stone begins bellowing. When the second song finishes, he continues with a pained expression. "People here have some crazy ideas about the stars. In fact, the stars are great beings, of power to rival the gods, but indifferent to us. They merely drift through the sky pursuing their own unknowable interests. That very unfathom - un -" His grasp of the common tongue fails him for a second and he lapses back into Megari, the Dwarven tongue of the Valley of Bone for a few words. "Ahem. What I mean to say is, the fact that we cannot understand them is actually the key to understanding them. The gods have goals, they take actions to reach those goals, they interact with mortals and sometimes deceive them. When a vision or omen is received from one of the gods, we can never be certain it is a true vision or a lie, calculated to serve their own ends. And even when a god reveals the future truly, we can never be sure it won't be changed in response to a plea from the god's worshippers. But the stars neither act nor react. By watching the heavens we can observe them interact with each other, but never with us. But although they never take a hand directly, they have great power and merely by existing and gazing on the earth, they influence our fates much as the gods do, merely in more subtle and less deliberate ways. So, although it is slower and more indirect than studying the words of the gods, studying the movements of the stars gives clues to the forces which affect us and our fates. And much like the gods, the stars have knowledge of the future, and their movements seem to be calculated to avoid or hasten certain events. Thus, over generations, by observing the stars closely we can compile exact charts of their movements and compare these charts to historical events. Once we have learned enough we can recognize patterns in the stars that have happened before, and guess at what future events these patterns will signify." He lapses into silent thought, his brow troubled.

Remove ads