• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis turns and looks about the room.

"You know, now that you mention it, this place is a bit unusual. I guess you just start to get used to the odd character coming in and out. After a while, the unusual just becomes the norm."

He indicates Sapo Toa, "Take the bullywug, for example. I don't even know what language it speaks. That doesn't seem to bother anybody here. I think the skinny dwarf and the self righteous warforged bring more odd looks than anything."

Fyrm

First Post
Mercurial walks over to the newcomer, and takes a seat close by.

"...this place is a bit more... exotic than I'm used to. Is it usually like this?"
Yep! Cool, isn't it? Always a new friend to make, he changes into an Orc, Always a new form to try on, he changes into a Dwarf This place is so much fun!

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis puts his hand on Mercurials shoulder and slides the other mug of ale to him, "This fine fellow is Mercurial, a changling who has stood with me in battle a couple different adventures. No finer a combat medic and tinkerer will you meet."

rb780nm

First Post
"Indeed, friend Mercurial is a valuable companion," the insectiod Sound of Stone states, walking over to join the conversation.

pathfinderq1

First Post
"A good combat medic is a very valuable ally, no matter what he looks like," Brenn said, with a nod in Mercurial's direction. Then he took a longer look at the giant talking bug. "I guess 'more exotic' was an understatement- I'm used to working with people who look, for the most part, kind of like me." He paused, just for a moment. "So- what are you, anyway? I've never even heard of anything close to... whatever it is you are."

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sapo Toa blinked slowly with her huge eyes, before deciding to proceed towards an empty spot near the fire. Apparently the amphibian needed the heat of an external source during the cool nights. She crouches there and remains immobile.

Neil1889

First Post
Lilli walks over to stand near Mercurial, the spectral disembodied hand trailing behind her and carrying her beer.

“You know, I’ve never met such an obvious Changeling. Well, I might have met a Changeling before, but I’m not sure I’d have known about it.

She ponders, with one arm across her sternum and the fingers of her other hand playing about her chin and right cheek.

“Does the self polymorphing tire you out at all, or is as a natural occurrence as breathing (if you don’t mind my asking)?

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis puts his hand on Sound of Stone's shoulder when he walks up, "This fine warrior is Sound of Stone. To be honest, the correct Thri Kreen pronounciation is hard on the ears. He fights like a one man whirlwind."

After Lilli approaches, he ponders her question, "I never even thought to ask that, myself."

Artemis bows curtly, "Artemis Harks, at your service, Lady..?"

Fyrm

First Post
“You know, I’ve never met such an obvious Changeling. Well, I might have met a Changeling before, but I’m not sure I’d have known about it.
For a moment, Mercurial looks a little confused.
“Does the self polymorphing tire you out at all, or is as a natural occurrence as breathing (if you don’t mind my asking)?
and the smile returns to his face. Just about! Mercurial turns into a female Drow. Although, recently, I've found that sometimes I get too excited to concentrate enough to change.

Neil1889

First Post
Lilli looks up at the human, smiles and makes a leg in return.

“Good Afternoon, I’m called Lilli. I’m a newly practising wizard, with illusions being my main area of interest, hence my curiosity in this gentlebeing’s polymorphing, I suppose.”

She nods and beams toward Mercurial’s now Drow-like form.

“Though of course, polymorphing is so much more useful an ability than any mere illusionary trick that I could show.”

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads