Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Sasahara

First Post
Esraethan gestures minutely with his head towards the sign on the wall which reads:

"VETERANS OF WAR WANTED!

Count Callidus Princeps of the 29th Legion is looking for heroes of countless battles to aid in his campaign into new land all spoils belonging to the victor and the rightful government.

Anyone interested should sign up here."

After sipping his wine again, he continues, "Of course, there's a lot of signatures already. I suggest you talk to the recruiter and see if there's room for one more."

OOC: The game is being run by Cute-Hydra- I'd suggest you contact him if you want in.

Donutboy

First Post
Astheone gulps down half of his new mug and says "I guess if there's a chance for work, I might as well take it." He stumble down to the recruitment sheet and goes to sign his name. "Astheone" he scribbles on, obviously extremely drunk at this point.
He returns to Esraethan and asks "Where can I find this recruiter?"

Sasahara

First Post
"Erm, I'm sorry, but I seem to have lost track of him. I do remember an encounter with a shield and the bar top that won me two glasses of wine though." Esraethan looks around in some confusion.

Donutboy

First Post
Astheone sighs. "Hmm... So unfortunate. I guess I'll have to go find him. But first. Esraethan, my new friend, what brought you here, to this Tavern? Why do you sit here with adventurers, when you could live a normal life working? Has this life called to you for so many years, or were you forced into it?"
Then he takes another large swig of ale.

Last edited:

Sasahara

First Post
Astheone sighs. "Hmm... So unfortunate. I guess I'll have to go find him. But first. Esraethan, my new friend, what brought you here, to this Tavern? Why do you sit here with adventurers, when you could live a normal life working? Has this life called to you for so many years, or were you forced into it?"
Then he takes another large swig of ale.

"To keep it brief, I adventure to seek those who slew my mother. She was killed before my eyes, and on that day I swore to bring her killers to justice. There is no place in this world for those who would slaughter someone like that." Esraethan's eyes flash with anger, and he drains his wine.

"They *will* pay.

"And you, friend Astheone? This life is a lonely one, and often without reward. What has set your feet on this path?"

Donutboy

First Post
Astheone drains the rest of his glass, then replies to Esraethan "My father worked in the navy. My mother took care of me. When I was 10, my father died when his ship crashed into some sharp rocks. Most of the dead bodies were recovered, but my father's was not. My mother, not even able to bury my father's body, killed herself. I never believed my father really died, and have been searching for evidence of him ever since."

Donutboy

First Post
"As I shall for you. You are a great man who shall go far. I love you, man!" Astheone cries, finishes his ale, then begins to stumble to the bar counter. He orders another ale, drinks it in one gulp, and passes out on the floor.

Last edited:

Cute-Hydra

First Post
The ogre comes in again, grunts about constantly changing orders confuses his little brain. Takes out a piece of chalk and draws a dividing line on the list of names.

OOC: Apologies for a slight delay, in respect to judge feedback I will limit the amount of players, that said I am quite happy to run for two. So I will be taking two groups of up to 6 for you lowbies. I think I had 10 before, so adding Donutboys character takes it up to 11. I won't allocate people into groups and as you lot know each other to some degrees in some cases please work out yourselves where you'd like to be. Please make note of leader/striker/defender/controller roles however. If the slightly higher characters formed a group that would be helpful, maybe 1-2's and 3-4's or so. That said, if people know each other that should take preference.

I am planning one or two crossovers where we will have 11 man encounters but this will be rare. (there will be two threads so treat it as two different campaigns just in the same setting with crossover possibilities.)

Will send new versions of plan to judges for approval soon, so shouldn't be too long. Thankyou for waiting.

Remove ads