Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

KenHood

First Post
//Erm... Still a little lost as to who this Saraz is. Is she an adventure hook or a PC? And what the heck does she look like, because that affects Tonk's response.//

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=KenHood]

DarwinofMind can be more specific, but she's a PC (a psion so it's just RP right now). She's from a very distant place. I believe she is somewhat richly dressed, and rather attractive. He'll have to elaborate, and I don't really feel like it's my place to tell everything. [/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
[sblock=OOC]

Yes, Saraz is a PC, sorry for any confusion, yes Saraz is an attractive female so yes Tonk will propably hit on her.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Image]
bijoux.jpg
[/sblock]

[sblock="Saraz entry into tavern (caution massive quote)"]
The portal flares and sparks and suddenly falls from it a young woman deposited in a heap on the floor of the tavern. The portal then closes and disappears. She stands up and looks around quickly appearently very confused. She is a tanned skinned girl with dark hair and eyes, wearing lots of jewelery and a delicate blue dress of exotic fabric.

[sblock=Image]
bijoux.jpg
[/sblock]

"Where am I?" she sounds frightened, then takes a commanding tone. "I am Saraz bint Farad bint Aqilah, I am under the protection of the Sultan Ajib and I demand you tell me where my gaurds have gone, who are you people?" she eyes everyone around her.

[sblock=OOC]Saraz is my second character, her book is not elligible for approval yet so I've decided to just hae her hang out in the tavern for the next 2 months. Just wanted to roleplay with her some, so she'll be here but won't be taking on any adventures.[/sblock]

As Charina begins her instruction Bell quickly digs through her bag and swaps her book with a blank journal. She hurriedly scribbles out notes on everything the drow says, that is until a princess falls out of the ceiling.

Oh my gods. . . young person appears here by magic, can't find her guards, dressed lavishly, protected by a sultan. . . I'm going to help a princess!

She completely looks past the drow as she keeps talking, Bell smile slowly increasing across her face until it simply could not be comfortable. He hand slowly raised up and her finger formed a point at the girl.

"Princess!" She blurted out with absolutely no self control. She jumped out of her seat and began bouncing up and down before the girl. "Are you a princess? You look like a princess and talk like a princess, are you a princess??!"

Saraz looks shocked and startled at Bell's enthusiasm.

"Madam, I am no princess, I am bint, I mean, daughter of Farad bint Aqilah royal seer to the Sultan Ajib. Though I do reside in the royal palace, my mother's position is one of appointment not heredity. Now please, I am on a important mission for the Sultan himself. Tell me what you have done with me, and where are my guards so I might continue. If it is robbery you seek I carry little coin on me, if it is ransom, be assured the Sultan has elite assassins and does not take kindly to threats."

Her hand slips to a 2 inch crystal ball slung from a net at her hip.

-''Hey, get your hand away from that crystal ball! I am not sure what kind of magic it does, but I wouldn't recommand trying to outdraw me!'' Charina says, one hand on her arbalest, the other making a pacifying gesture. ''Nobody here knows anything about your guards. Be sensible; You are the one who teleported here from a farway land. If it was unwillingly, there is a treacherous magic user involved. But why in the name of the Abyss would you assume that he worked from here instead of the point of origin? For one thing, I am not even sure it's feasible! Beside, anyone with a motive to expel you from court is quite obviously at the court! Nobody in this inn gives a damn about your sultan or what you do for him.''

Saraz pulls her hand away from the orb, but holds her eyes on the drow. She gives a nervous chuckle. "Yes of course dark one, whatever great force could have propelled me her is surely beyond your means. Say tell me dark one, I have seen those that have worked their life in the heat of the sun and have not the darkness of skin you have, how did you come to be so dark?"

Charina relaxes and shrugs.

-''Well, my skin sure isn't dark because of the sun! My people normally live underground. If you ask the pious folk, the darkness of a the drows' skin reflects the darkness of their soul. I wouldn't know about that. If it sounds like theology, I tune it out.

I'll tell you what, though; the darker the skin, the easier it is to hide in shadows. Kinda important in my killed or be killed world. Drow with paler skins are easier to spot and gets killed quickly. Then they don't get to have ugly pale skinned drow babies!

Wait... You know, what? I think I am onto something here...''
Charina says pensively.

The disappointment visibly drained from Bell's face when she learned the girl was not a princess. Well she's the daughter of the sage to the sultan. . .thats still neat. She's also appeared here from a place I've never heard of with a culture I know nothing about. That's a mystery to solve and a learning opportunity. I love both those things. Still Bell remained less than thrilled. It would have been nice to meet a princess.

"Well sure beyond my means now but give me some time. . . " Bell turns away and begins going through her pack. "I thought Eye of Alarm was pretty good for one week of adventuring. . . Now the drow and the almost princess are going to start an I don't like you but I respect you relationship and then become best friends and by the end of it one of them will end up being a for real princess! I want a 50% chance to be a princess!

"Not like I don't have anything better to do. I am a very important arcane linguist, a foremost expert on brain spiders! I need to finish my mastery of Tsugo, and go do sword practice and buy a dress, and read over my new rituals, and hide some- Oh no I need a dress!"

She frantically digs out her journal again. "Ok, ok, five foot train, five inch platform six inch heels, and I recognize these are minimums! Need a hat, with large plumage, sleeves cover my hands and clunky princess jewelry with chains. Is that correct?" She looks between the two women a bit frantically.

"What a strange girl." Saraz comments offhand as Bell leaves.

"You speak many words that are foreign to me. drow, magic, arcane. I don't understand these. None the less, might you tell me where I have landed so that I may find my way home to continue my mission?"

-''Wow. You are full of questions. And I am not the best authority to answer. I surfaced here fairly recently myself. Let me give it a shot...''

Charina collects her thought.

-''Firstly, you are on an island called Daunton. This is a wacky little city state filled with just about any race you can imagine and several you can't. It is also home to a disproportionate amount of evil cults and crazy gangs.

I am new here so I can't really make any sense of the economy. To me it feels like an ancient dragon died on the island and since then the inhabitants have been constantly redistributing the hoard through crazy scheme and absurd capers. This tavern is the best spot to get involved in the action, as a matter of fact. That is why I am here. I want my share!

Where is this island, you wonder? According to its citizen; smack in the middle of the world. The world around is apparently shifting; they call it the Shifting sea. Beyond that are various empires and kingdom. I bet that to them, we are the ones who are moving!

Then, the Drows; we are a the sexier elves. We love spider, killing each other, wearing suggestive dresses, taking slaves and humiliating males, in about that order. It's not as much fun as it sounds; I got mightily bored after twenty years so I left.

Magic: It's... uh. Well. That's probably what brought you here. Portals are usually created by magic. Oh, and fireballs too. Controlling the elements, teleporting, summoning powerfuls demons... that sort of thing.

Look, I'd say close to one person in four in this inn is a magic user, so just ask around.

Arcane; that's magic! Ah, an easy one.

Yep, that about covers all your point. Have I earned a pint?''
Charina asks hopefully.

"Well, that certainly seems to answer many of my questions if only bringing new ones. There seems to be a language barrier many words are truely forgein to me. But no matter yes I'm sure that earns you a pint."

Saraz approaches the bar, "2 'pints' please good sir, I have gold with which to pay" she hands the man a gold peice with very a strange script and an unknown face. however he bites it checks it for real and accepts it for real. He hands her 2 large mugs and then goes to give her the change but she has already walked away returning to Charina, so he promptly pockets the remaining coin.

Saraz hands the mug to Charina "To new friends" she takes a sip and gets a foul look on her face but she swallow hard and tries to smile again. "Good, very good pint. So you tell me we are on an Island, but that makes little sense to me, how can I possibly have gone so far as to reach the sea? Only the greatest of kinetisists could possible teleport one that far."

-''Yay! A pint of the good stuff! Drow brews are awful. But whaddya expect from lichen liquor and other various wheat or barley-less horrors. No wonder my brethren are constantly plotting to conquer the world above them!''

Charina grabs the pint with both hands and looks comically small next to hit. She guzzle down messily half the pint before laying it down, wiping her chin and looking very satisfied with life.

-''Ah, the little things...thanks!''

-''Can I answer magic again? I wanna answer magic again! I don't know how it works, but around here we routinely move from islands to islands through magic portals. This Inn here is a fairly common destination portal. If a kine-ty-thingie is a kinda mage, he could do it. Or else, you have mage in your home town and you don't know it. Some Mage sneakily hide their powers...

It's easier to check for motive, though. Who had a motive to send you away? That's the guy you have to shoot in the throat.''

"I know of no one who would have motive to send me away... My mother, the royal seer had a vision that showed destruction and widespread death in a faraway land. The dream was vague but showed that it was imperative that I travel the road to the city of Bakura in order to avert the distruction. Along the way a sandstorm struck our caravan and I found myself here where I stand. Why would anyone want to avert my mission."

She thinks for a moment. "You say this" she sounds out the words 'magic mage' "are like sneaky and you say drow are sneaky, do magic mage have dark skin as you?"

-''Oh, there are plenty of Drow mages, yes. Sorcerers jocks and warlocks freaks, mostly. There is a handful of nerdy wand waving wizards too and quite a few preppy bards. You'd have a hard time throwing a rock in a drow crowd without hitting some kind of mage. We are very magicky.

But for my part I am clueless about anything beside a drow's innate magic. That's probably why I was stuck in a dead-end job, which is why I left home, which is why I stand here talking to you about magic. Basically, you get to ask me about magic because I suck at it! Ironic, huh? I mean, think about it. ''

And Charina did think about it for a moment, a goofy grin on here face.

-''Anyway... No, not all mage look like me. They can only wish they looked that good. Every race has its mages.''

[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
//It's not so much an issue of attractiveness, but rather that a woman has hips sufficiently wide to survive giving birth to a 12- or 15-pound half-orc baby...//

Shorrin's slap on the back catches Tonk's attention, as the half-orc boy's head has been buried inside the carcass of the pig, noisily slurping up tripe, kidney, and liver.

"Huh? Oh, you want go and make the Punch Brother now, yes? Okay! I..."

Tonk catches sight of Saraz.

"Ooooohhhhhh!"

Tonk uses the grease of the pig to slick back his hair. He hops over the table, nearly treading upon Shrakk in his haste to reach the girl.

"Hello, pretty lady! I am Tonk. I is half-orc boy from People's Democratic Collective #1. I come to city to find job and maybe find wife--" He glares at Kasha. "--as long as she no sleaze city girl that only want for to make the hanky and the panky and no want 'settle down' and make the nice family that live good life of Communism with many happy slave. You seem have the nice wide hip for the make baby, so I think it maybe no tragedy if we fall in love and marry and have many, many little half-half-orc and half-whatever-you-is baby, because I no think you maybe die in childbirth and leave me to mourn forever and forever, always cry, 'My wife with the big, pretty eye! She dead! She dead!' That be very sad, but I no think it happen. So, what you think?"

Moon_Goddess

Saraz looks quite frightened to meet the large half-orc.

"I, um, hi, I..."

She looks around for any signs of help, she speaks up shakily but onces she gets into here routine her voice shows more strength.

"I am Saraz bint Farad bint Aquilah, daughter of Farad bint Aquilah royal seer to the Sultan Ajib. It is a pleasure to meet you, Tonk of People's Democratic Collective #1. I take it you are of the barbaric tribes of the north. Naturally you know that my marriage has already been arranged and you would need to apply with the Seer's Council and show that your Will is stronger than the Will of my chosen then you would need to pay off the family of my chosen. Although rare the barbaric tribes are known to have untrained Will. Careful breeding must be maintained for the maximum potential of those babies you speak of."

Moon_Goddess

"You clearly are of the barbaric tribes, Well clearly to achieve the maximum power in the Way the Will must be strong. Strong Will is achieved by the carefully selected breeding of those with the strongest Will. As was done for my mother, and her mother before her, so shall be done for myself as well. Although you lack training in the Way your Will may be there mearly hidden, however without the selective breeding the Will is likely to be weak."

[sblock="OOC"]
Saraz is also 5'2", 104lbs, and 17 years old, Tonk would probably kill her.[/sblock]

duhexenhase

First Post
Finally recovering from his rough treatment at the hand, and in the arms of, Tonk, Meepo the Brave dusts off his worn hide armor and looks over to Saraz.
He contorts his face in a quizzical way for a moment at Tonk's actions, but then shrugs the thoughts away. Stranger things have happened since he had reached this isle. Calling out to Saraz, he says, "As you already know, I am Meepo the Brave, son of Meepo the Not-as-Brave-as-Meepo-the-Brave. I'm sure it's a pleasure to meet me." He cleared this throat and added, in his barking, yipping, growling, and hissing native tongue,

[sblock=draconic]"If this is the language that you speak, well I can speak it. If this isn't the language you can speak, I can still speak it, but I'd guess you can't understand me. Unless of course you can understand but not speak it, but that seems to be a rare attribute these days. I digress. Is that what you meant by someone who can speak your language?"[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
//Seventeen?! Oh, dear! She's over the hill as far as Tonk is concerned!//

"You clearly are of the barbaric tribes, Well clearly to achieve the maximum power in the Way the Will must be strong. Strong Will is achieved by the carefully selected breeding of those with the strongest Will. As was done for my mother, and her mother before her, so shall be done for myself as well. Although you lack training in the Way your Will may be there mearly hidden, however without the selective breeding the Will is likely to be weak."
"I...uh...what?! Hey, Punch Brother, is she even speak Allarian? I think maybe she talk about mama of her and say lot about piece of paper that use to make sure people get right stuff when you die, but...uh..."

Tonk gives her a confused smile and a double thumbs-up. "Okay, Talkie Lady, you have nice day. I go over...er...there...and do...something else...now."

Tonk walks back to the table with a bemused expression on his face. Once he returns, he decisively slams his palm on the table. "Okay, Dragon Buddy and Shadow Buddy, is now time for us to make the Punch Brothers, yes? And no forget Dextyr, too! He need be Punch Brother of both you, so is all equal, yes? Is good Communism!"

//When--oh, when!--will a new adventure start? We're not getting XP and treasure for talking!//

Remove ads