Even WOTC doesn't know the rules to d20 Modern

Vigilance

Explorer
Eric Anondson said:
Maybe instead of D&D 4e we'll be getting a D20 Modern 2.0 first. ;)

I dont think THAT is quite called for.

I think d20 Modern is a fine game and VERY well designed.

I just think that one small rule is bad.

Chuck

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
I don't see it as really all that bad... Now that I've had time to reflect on it, I like the way it works in play. It's just got problems that it doesn't mesh with other rules too badly.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I think the problem is with the article, not so much d20 Modern (although, yeah - that nuke damage seems awfully light). Note that it refers to the Tarrasque as the "biggest" D&D monster, which isn't true, IIRC - I believe that the Behemoth is actually larger.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
Vigilance said:
I dont think THAT is quite called for.

I think d20 Modern is a fine game and VERY well designed.

I just think that one small rule is bad.
I agree, but it has made me wonder we see so many "What will be in 4.0 D&D?" threads, and have for years, but almost never read anything about D20 modern needing a major revision... or even a modest reworking. Even Star Wars had a rapid revision after it's first publishing. Not even a Modern 1.5 yet... *shrug*

Interesting to consider...

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Eric Anondson said:
I agree, but it has made me wonder we see so many "What will be in 4.0 D&D?" threads, and have for years, but almost never read anything about D20 modern needing a major revision... or even a modest reworking. Even Star Wars had a rapid revision after it's first publishing. Not even a Modern 1.5 yet... *shrug*

Interesting to consider...
deserves it's own thread.

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=155856

takyris

First Post
Vigilance said:
That's too funny. Just a little more proof that the d20 Modern nonlethal damage rules are pretty badly written.

Chuck

With respect, bull.

If you want accrual, go to it, but the fact that somebody gave a monster in d20 Modern a Con score of 45 doesn't mean that d20 Modern's nonlethal rules are broken. It means that the guy was obviously doing a D&D monster write-up and didn't check his rules carefully enough.

I won't object if the folks at WotC decide to make it accrue in a future version, but it's working just fine for me at the moment.

Remove ads