• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ever notice the older you get

Algolei

Explorer
My doctor doesn't even want to see me anymore. Last time he said, "If you're not bleeding, don't come back for at least two years. And if you are, go to an emergency room instead."

I hate that guy.... :\

Lichtenhart

First Post
I donate blood, so I get regular and thorough analysis every three months. It's amazing how many tests they can do on it. Usually they know how I feel better than I do.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Lichtenhart said:
Usually they know how I feel better than I do.
How you feel? If they know how you feel better than you do, then what's the point of having them tell it to you when you won't feel it? ;)

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
The older I get the faster the years go by! This can be proven by simple math too.

when you are 5, the the year was 1/5th of your life
when you are 13, it is 1/13th of your life
when you are 40, it is 1/40th of you life!​

That slice of pie is getting smaller and smaller! :D

humor:
When you are young you believe in Santa
when you are a parent, you are Santa
when you are old you look like Santa

diaglo

Adventurer
having diabetes mellitus has caused me to go to the doc every 3 months for the last 18 + years.

plus have an annual eye exam.

i don't find the doc visits to be as bothersome as the 4 fingersticks i do everyday. or the 4 shots i give myself. or the carb counting.

but i'd rather be active in my own health issues than suffer some of the side effects. or the ultimate fate of poor control.

Iuz

First Post
Mystery Man said:
Ever notice the older you get the longer your doctor visits are?

Not for me. When I was 15 I developed eplilepsy and for about five years the visits to the doctor were frequent and long.

Now I go every three months to get a new perscription.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I have ankylosing spondylitis a rumintiod arthritis, my spine is fusing and every now and then it will cause my eyes to screw to hell (temp blindness and a lot of pain).

Ranger REG

Explorer
Algolei said:
My doctor doesn't even want to see me anymore. Last time he said, "If you're not bleeding, don't come back for at least two years. And if you are, go to an emergency room instead."

I hate that guy.... :\
Find a lady doctor and date her. :p

Remove ads