• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Every god in D&D...ever

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
And one more update for the god Torak, from the Belgariad novels who was given stats in White Dwarf #56.

Once again, thanks to Echohawk for pointing that out.

Talmun

First Post
Alzrius said:
I didn't feel there was enough information about Ragarra given in the Land of Fate boxed set to warrant inclusion. The Ruined Kingdoms entry gave me pause, but I eventually decided that it was detailing her religious organization than it was her, and for that reason excluded it deliberately.

Would this line of reasoning also exclude Chernavog (from Expedition to Castle Ravenloft)? Baba Zelenna will be most upset...

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Talmun said:
Would this line of reasoning also exclude Chernavog (from Expedition to Castle Ravenloft)? Baba Zelenna will be most upset...

The adventure makes it pretty clear that Chernavog is a demon lord, not a deity, so she's going to be upset anyway. :p

Cam Banks

Adventurer
I'm a little surprised that SP/MWP's Dragonlance products are considered third-party when Paizo's Dungeon and Dragon aren't. We have to go through WotC approval for everything we do and we're classified as an Official Wizards Licensed Property, which means we get to use WotC material in our products that isn't Open Game Content. Going by your list's definitions, I would call us second-party.

Cheers,
Cam

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Updated for the deity information from Dragon #358! Everyone make sure to vote for Planewalker for the best fan site in the ENnies! :D

Cam Banks said:
I'm a little surprised that SP/MWP's Dragonlance products are considered third-party when Paizo's Dungeon and Dragon aren't. We have to go through WotC approval for everything we do and we're classified as an Official Wizards Licensed Property, which means we get to use WotC material in our products that isn't Open Game Content. Going by your list's definitions, I would call us second-party.

Cheers,
Cam

Cam, I admit it was a fine line to thread, but I largely also went by the fact that the D&D logo doesn't appear on the third-party D&D products, whereas it does on second-party ones. I might reconsider that in the future, though.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Alzrius said:
Cam, I admit it was a fine line to thread, but I largely also went by the fact that the D&D logo doesn't appear on the third-party D&D products, whereas it does on second-party ones. I might reconsider that in the future, though.

Hmmm... in that case Imagine Magazine and White Dwarf don't have the D&D logo on them, so for consistency, deities from those also shouldn't really be included. And are you including the Kingdoms of Kalamar deities? Because most of those product do have the D&D logo. :] :]

Go on... you know you really want to add the Dragonlance/Ravenloft deities to make the list even more complete :cool: :cool: :cool:

Edit: Upon checking, I see Alzrius has already included all the Kingdoms of Kalamar deities. My mistake! ;)

Last edited:

Ripzerai

Explorer
I found another one.

Anguileusis is described and fully statted (in his immature form) in Sea of Blood by Bruce R. Cordell (1997), part of the trilogy of sahuagin-themed adventures supporting the Sea Devils Monstrous Arcana book. Evil Tide, the first in the trilogy, revealed his divine rank (demigod - see page 32), though the bulk of the information on him is in Sea of Blood, the trilogy's climax (page 57 for stats, page 50 for history).

He's the patron god of the anguiliians, a race of eel-men who also appear in Stormwrack.

Ripzerai

Explorer
I found two more.

The Green Man is completely statted in 1e Deities & Demigods format in UK1 - Beyond the Crystal Cave, page 30. He's a demigod according to page 19.

Rais, Lesser Deity of Intellect and Silver Dragonkind, is described in Greyspace, page 92 in what I think you'll find to be an acceptable amount of detail.

Xuxeteanlahucuzolazapaminaco is not a demigod, although it thinks of itself as one. It's a gibbering mouther with 8 hit dice, some unusual abilities, and none of the divine powers given to demigods in 2nd edition.

Remove ads