• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Everyone, Tell us about your games, please!

ForceUser

Explorer
Re: Lurkers, Non-Genconners, Tell us about your games, please!

Mark said:
LURKERS AND POSTERS WHO ARE NOT GOING TO GENCON ARISE AND POST!

The cat's away (never mind those few moderators who happen to still be here) and the rest of us can now play!

Tell us about your games, please.

1.) How many players in your group? Greyhawk: The Divinity Manuever: 7, Vymair's campaign: 6, my campaign: 6

2.) Do you DM? Yes.

3.) Do other people in the group DM, and how many? Yes; five.

4.) What's the Male/Female composition of the group? Six males and one female.

5.) Got a good gamestore near you and what is it? The best, www.gametowne.com. :)

6.) Mainly modules or homebrew stuff? 99% homebrew adventures in all three campaigns.

7.) How long have you been playing and how old are you? Since 1987, and I'm 30.

8.) Who taught you to play? My high school friends and I learned how to play together. :)

squirrel

First Post

Mark said:
1.) How many players in your group?
2.) Do you DM?
3.) Do other people in the group DM, and how many?
4.) What's the Male/Female composition of the group?
5.) Got a good gamestore near you and what is it?
6.) Mainly modules or homebrew stuff?
7.) How long have you been playing and how old are you?
8.) Who taught you to play?

1) 4 with 1-3 occasionals
2) Not till next semester
3) Yes, and 3
4) All male
5) None in Oxford, but in Cincy there is Boardwalk Hobbyshop
6) Mainly homebrew, but the occasional module thrown in
7) close to 9 years, I'm 19
8) My Dad

Aeris Winterood

First Post

The cat's away (never mind those few moderators who happen to still be here) and the rest of us can now play!

Tell us about your games, please.

1.) How many players in your group? 3

2.) Do you DM? Yes

3.) Do other people in the group DM, and how many? Yes, 1

4.) What's the Male/Female composition of the group? All Male

5.) Got a good gamestore near you and what is it? Yes, FLGs named Hocus Pocus

6.) Mainly modules or homebrew stuff? Homebrew... all

7.) How long have you been playing and how old are you? 25 years, 35 y/o

8.) Who taught you to play? Myself

I hope that answers some questions. :D

apocalypstick

First Post
Sure, why not... (everyone loves to talk about themselves; I'm no different)

1: There are seven players in our group.

2: I DM, although I'm not running the current arc of games - I'll be jumping back into the seat this autumn. After DMing for pretty much my entire gaming 'career,' I thought that I wanted to play D&D, but have realized over the last couple of months that I'm not really happy unless I'm 'Behind the Screen,' as it were.

3: See above. Also, another one of the players in our group runs a d20 call of Cthulhu game that I enjoy immensely.

4: We're all guys, though the group I left behind in Columbus was four girls and two guys, including myself. IME it's true what they say about ladies being more RP and problem-solving oriented than the guys.

5: There is a gamestore nearby, although I would hesitate to call it 'good.' I have less of a problem calling it 'aggravating.'

6: I homebrew all the way, baby! it's the only way to go.

7: I've been playing since I was 12, and I'm 26 now, so let's see.... yep, that's 14 years. Wow. I never really thought about that.

8: My aunt taught me to play; she used to be employed by Ral Partha (remember them?) and she wrote the Grandmaster Tournament module for Gencon 5 or 6, if my admittedly hazy recollection of the past serves me correctly.

Aeolius

Adventurer
1.) BPAA currently has 7 players, with a few more in the recruiting stages.

2.) Yes

3.) Not in this campaign.

4.) 4 male, 3 female

5.) Cosmic Castle - D&D, anime, etc etc

6.) World of Greyhawk...underwater

7.) 23+ years of D&D...I'll be 38 in a few months

8.) I am self-taught.... pilfered the Basic booklet from my oldest brothers closet . He never missed it and now he's religiously adamant against RPGs...so I win ;)

DMauricio

First Post

Mark said:
LURKERS AND POSTERS WHO ARE NOT GOING TO GENCON ARISE AND POST!

Seeing as Gencon is a continent away... I'll bite

1.) How many players in your group?

In the 3 bi-weekly campaigns I'm in:
Wednesday Night: 6 + DM
Saturday Morning: 4 + DM
Saturday Evening: 5 + DM

2.) Do you DM?

Yes.

3.) Do other people in the group DM, and how many?

The group I'm with is fairly diverse, most (if not all) players have at one stage DMed a campaign. At this point in time, there are 3 of us who DM regularly.

4.) What's the Male/Female composition of the group?

Much higher female membership in the past. However, now the group is composed entirely of guys. (I suppose its cause the female gamers we know have either lost interest, or have moved away)

5.) Got a good gamestore near you and what is it?

Nearest one is about 15 mins drive away (which isn't all that far really) But there are 2 which I frequent. (as I'm not in the Continental US, the 2 stores are Napoleons and Mind Games - both in the Melbourne CBD)

6.) Mainly modules or homebrew stuff?

Mainly homebrews these days.

7.) How long have you been playing and how old are you?

I'm 25, and I've been involved (on and off) with Rpgs (as a player and GM/DM) since I was 8 (so approximately 17 years now)

8.) Who taught you to play?

Originally, the seniors at the school I was in (we had mixed primary, middle & high school) at the time it was the robotech rpg.
Then after a brief hiatus (and a switch of countries) some friends who were playing AD&D 1st and 2nd ed re-introduced me to gaming.

Dom

apocalypstick

First Post
Re: Re: Lurkers, Non-Genconners, Tell us about your games, please!

squirrel said:

5) None in Oxford, but in Cincy there is Boardwalk Hobbyshop

My LGS. The owner always looks at me like I'm going to rip him off whenever I walk through the door. I do all my purchasing online or at Media Play now.

Grr...

dave_o

Explorer
Hjorimir, ForceUser, you both love in San Diego. :D

I was hoping there'd be a lot of ENWorlders there (since I'm moving there in May).

Any places I should definately check out?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
A non-Genconner here, with time to spare...

I'll start with the last questions first:

7) I'm 33 now, and have been playing D&D for 20 years or so.

8) I was taught by my brother. First, when I was a really small kid, he brought home "Tunnels and Trolls". Then, when I was in 7th grade, he gave me my first AD&D 1e DMG and PHB for X-mas, and ran U1 - The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh for my friends and me over his break from college.

Now, given all those years, there's been lots of games, not all D&D. I'll answer the campaign questions for the one most topical.

1) The game's been running for a while now, has had a lot of people come and go. Always 1 DM, as many as 5 players. Currently we will be kicking off after a 1 year hiatus with three players - ironically enough the first session will be on the first day of GenCon.

2 & 3) All of us have helped run some game or other in the past, but this campaign has the one DM, which isn't me.

4.) 3 guys, one lady.

5.) Got a couple of good game stores. One is "Your Move Games" in Davis Square, Somerville, MA. The other is "Pandemonium Books and Games" in Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA.

6.) In this game, it's all homebrew.

Mystery Man

First Post
1.) How many players in your group? = 5 + me

2.) Do you DM? I'm the DM

3.) Do other people in the group DM, and how many? Nope

4.) What's the Male/Female composition of the group? All male over 30

5.) Got a good gamestore near you and what is it? I have 3

6.) Mainly modules or homebrew stuff? Both - FR

7.) How long have you been playing and how old are you? Since 83 - I'm 34

8.) Who taught you to play? - Self taught

Remove ads