Evil Fantasy Book Titles

defendi

Explorer
I need to crowd source some evil book names. I gave a PC a "side quest" of getting a list of prescribed books for his order. The Paladin in the party has enough church clout to get them, and now they are demanding the titles so they can choose on a book by book basis. I told them there were like 50 on the list. Rookie mistake.

The examples I gave him so far:

How to Animate Human Skin
How to Manipulate Life Force
The Crooked Path
Power Above All

We probably want some horrifying sounding ones as well as some benign sounding ones.

Thanks!

Bob

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Book of Blood
How to Train your Daemon
Torture: the Tools and Their Uses
Turning Humanoids Inside Out Without Killing Them
Perfecting your Beaurocracy: a Primer for Leaders
Portraits of Key Beings of the Ninth Plane of the Abyss

aramis erak

Legend
How to Read Entrails
To Serve Man*
Elf-meat delicacies*
Hobbit Stews*
Treatise upon the Methodology of rule by fear
The Prince
101 uses for a dead færie.
How to retain your retainers
Lore of the Drow
Lore of the Illithid
Lore of the Beholders

*(it's a cookbook)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
The Harvesting of Souls
The Iron-Bound Tome of Agares
Libro Maleficia
Angeli Aucupati
The Flesh-Bound Tome
The Wisdom of Astaroth
The Codricuhn Fragments
Gospel of the Ghouls
Prophecies of the Worm
The Graz'zt Apocrypha
Collected Whispers of Spiders

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
  • The Handbook of Poisonous Swords by Count Bomlin the Demented. There are clearly pages missing from this ancient orange manual. [Uncommon; 10gp; 199 pages].
  • The Gargantuan Tract of Magics and Rituals. Adamantium rivets punctuate the cover of this recent lavender tract. [Common; 5gp; 37 pages].
  • A Libram of Sorcery by Jean Brown the Hermetic. The pages of this embossed compendium are lined with yellow hexagons. [Common; 6gp; 100 pages].
  • The Lexicon of Draconic Astrology by Bilin the Planar. The cover of this handwritten handbook is burnished with copper. [Common; 9gp; 131 pages].
  • Abbess Stormheart the Infernal's Unknown Encyclopedia of Demented Chronology. This waxed compendium is Volume 1 of a 7-part set. [Common; 2gp; 72 pages].
  • The Invocation Handbook. You can see the words "Jistrathar kini puch tsaran tagolann!" inscribed on the inside cover. [Common; 1gp; 35 pages].
  • The Light Book. Gold rivets punctuate the cover of this old white handbook. [Common; 10gp; 66 pages].
  • A Book of Invocation by Baron Galadmil the Unknown. A large rectangle dominates the cover of this slim black compendium. [Common; 3gp; 116 pages].
  • Lady Angwen the Hidden's Lost Creed of Hermetic Trolls. This bejewelled vade mecum contains an afterword by Bomin Warfoot. [Common; 10gp; 104 pages].

I made a generator in OGRE.

Dave R

First Post
Secret Names of the Ancient Princes
The Flower of Life, and It's Uses
The First Summons*
That Which is Sealed in Lead
Lost Battlefields of the Second Age

*It's a spellbook. Check out Lamentations of the Flame Princess rules pdf for the Summon spell. First level, with complications. Then see if the party really wants to turn it over.

I see what you did there.

Cool.

Last edited:

Remove ads