• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Evony Ad

Orius

Legend
That ad is just bad.

The other ad, at least, showed more cleavage ;)

Picture%2021.png

I miss that ad. That girl is hot, and flower wreath crowns always do it for me.

Wait a second, I just noticed. Your ad pic is for Civony, the OP's is for Evony. Are they the same game?

I was pretty sure they were. Ironically, the first Evony ad had some male knight in full armor. At least it think it was a male, since he had this bigass helmet on. All the other ads go for sex appeal it seems. The very first ad for Civony had that woman in the robe that was nearly completely open at the front. I snarked on it here:

I guess it's supposed to be some kind of online strategy game, but going by the first ad that was used, I'm not sure it's any good. You know the one with the woman in the... robe..that's a millimeter shy of being, shall we say, Grandma unfriendly? It's all because of the Cleavage Law of Gaming: the amount of bare female skin used to promote the product is inversely proportional to the quality of said product.

slightly less disturbing than the heavy cleavage flyff ads.

Two words: Perfect World. You know the sidebar ad with that hot brunette wearing the ridiculous and utterly useless stripperiffic armor? It's utterly asinine, but it still gets my attention.

An how amusing, as I was typing out this response every single sidebar ad was some variation of this ad. Evony certainly paid to pimp their game, no? :p

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
As a tangent about stripperiffic armor, I was watching a cop/reality show the other day and in it, the women were being measured and fitted for new, more comfortable body armor.

Now, it didn't feature a target pattern on "the twins" or anything like that, but it was clearly more curvaceous than the body armor for the guys. I mean, it makes sense- if you take up more room, you'll need more room.

Mikaze

First Post
I was trying to grab the banner ad for something like "Kingdoms: Race War" or the like, but Firefox locked up on me.

Good gravy I hate that ad. It's hard not to feel awkward when people see "RACE WAR" advertised on your monitor.

An how amusing, as I was typing out this response every single sidebar ad was some variation of this ad. Evony certainly paid to pimp their game, no? :p

And sword guy is still doing it!

evony2.jpg

:erm:

evonyohgod.jpg

:eek:

EDIT-Huh. What a difference a weekend makes.

Last week. This week.
evony.jpg
evony3.jpg

Last edited:

ssampier

First Post
I am not sure what to make of this:

More T, but not necessarily in a good way.

evony.jpg

I'd almost say she was feeding an infant if not for her facial expression.

Orius

Legend
As a tangent about stripperiffic armor, I was watching a cop/reality show the other day and in it, the women were being measured and fitted for new, more comfortable body armor.

Now, it didn't feature a target pattern on "the twins" or anything like that, but it was clearly more curvaceous than the body armor for the guys. I mean, it makes sense- if you take up more room, you'll need more room.

That's sensible armor. "Stripperiffic" is stupid crap like chainmail bikinis, breast plates, metal thongs, that sort of nonsense. You know the stuff we've been arguing about for like the last 6 months over in the General forum. :p

EDIT-Huh. What a difference a weekend makes.

Last week. This week.
evony.jpg
evony3.jpg

They've been running those ads for about the last two weeks at least. There's a couple of different angles with Our Queen in Peril in different poses, different amounts of rips in and blood on her dress, and at least one or two with her hands tied.

WORST ANGLE EVAR! It makes me wonder how much of a horse face she has.

I liked it. I'd rather see more of that than the boring CG Queen. Ooh, looks like I finally got a banner version of that one.

And I'm STILL getting lots of Evony ads as I rip on it. :p

Remove ads