• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Excel DM Screen - legal help?

interwyrm

First Post
I'm currently compiling relevant tables from the 4e core rulebooks into an excel sheet for my own personal use. (I've bought the books)

I think that the sheet could be of use to other DM's who have purchased the core rulebooks, and I'd like to make it available. I don't want to step on anyone's toes or break any laws by doing so.

Can anyone (preferably a moderator) let me know what boundaries I shouldn't cross for this sort of thing?

Last edited:

darthkilmor

First Post
If you don't sell it, I imagine your potential troubles will be greatly reduced.

You may also want to wait till the books are actually released.

IANAM.

Irda Ranger

First Post
Once the GSL is available I think you'll be a in a better position to answer that question yourself.

I'm not a copyright lawyer, so I really don't know what the status of data tables would be (rather than the prose). And whatever their legal status it will be modified by the GSL.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
If you are looking to sell something 4E, the GSL will detail what is allowed. If not, the fan site policy will be your guide.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4news/20080606a

We are excited to announce that the Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition Game System License will be released early next week.

The license with accompanying System Reference Document (SRD), Statement of Acceptance (AKA confirmation card), Compatibility Logo, and FAQ will be posted to http://www.wizards.com/d20 and will go live immediately upon publication. The license, logo, and acceptance form will be posted as downloadable files.

Anyone wishing to participate in the D&D 4E GSL will need to fill out a Statement of Acceptance and return it by mail to Wizards of the Coast.

First on-sale date for GSL compatible products is October 1, 2008.

We are also working on a new fan site policy, to be made public at a later date.

Remove ads