Excel party xp calculator for 3.5e!

Othmaar

First Post
Davin said:
Your change to check for IsOdd() is not correct. You're checking for "Is Integer" instead.

You can also look earlier in this thread for a post I made with an Excel formula you could use if you prefer.

Ops! Thank you. I was a bit quick. It seems my server does not have the Math. functions you use (I am using IIS 5.1). I will just divide by two and check if the result is an integer or not, then I can use the script and print the table.

Thanks again :)

perringaiden

First Post
Based on all of the above discussion, has anyone codified an EL generator that allows you to come up with mixed CR groups of greater than 2? I want to make things like warbands, with say 10 CR1s, 2 CR3s, and a CR5 monster. What's the EL and how does that go against a group of 3 4th level characters and a 1 3rd level character.

Has anyone done a sheet where I can just type in the above figures and get an XP/character adjusted for level?

Thanks,
Brent Hollett
<a href="http://www.geocities.com/perringaiden">Northen Exposure Campaign</a>

Davin

First Post
I started working on an ET Helper module for this (allowing any kind of CR combinations, with multiple user options). But I've been sidetracked by RL and other ET Helper work and haven't finished it yet.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
perringaiden said:
Based on all of the above discussion, has anyone codified an EL generator that allows you to come up with mixed CR groups of greater than 2? I want to make things like warbands, with say 10 CR1s, 2 CR3s, and a CR5 monster. What's the EL and how does that go against a group of 3 4th level characters and a 1 3rd level character.

Grim Tales from Bad Axe Games has a new EL calculating system specifically designed to cater for any mixture of creature CR and PC 'CR', based upon Upper Krust's work.

You might want to have a look into that for possible solutions to your question (especially since a spreadsheet to calculate those things is downloadable from the thread in house rules (IIRC))

Cheers

reanjr

First Post
morpheous1777 said:
Here is a function for Visual Basic .NET That calculates experience (thanks to davin for the help)
It works pretty good, there is no +/- 7 level limit, and it can figure out exp for high level's / CR's also. It uses the correct formula.

Code:
Public Function Experience(ByVal LVL As Integer, ByVal CR As Integer)
    LVL = Math.Max(LVL, 3)
    Dim XP As Double = (300 * LVL)
    For above As Integer = (LVL + 1) To CR Step 1
        If IsOdd(above - LVL) = True Then XP = XP * (3 / 2)
        If IsOdd(above - LVL) = False Then XP = XP * (4 / 3)
    Next
    For below As Integer = (LVL - 1) To CR Step -1
        If IsOdd(LVL - below) = True Then XP = XP / (3 / 2)
        If IsOdd(LVL - below) = False Then XP = XP / (4 / 3)
    Next
    If CR = 1 Then XP = Math.Min(XP, 300)
    Experience = Math.Round(XP)
End Function

Function overload to handle differing levels in the party:

Public Function Experience(ByVal LVL() As Integer, ByVal CR As Integer)
Dim i, sum As Integer

For i=0 To LVL.Count - 1
sum += LVL(i)
Next

Return Experience(sum \ LVL.Count, CR)
End Function

Davin

First Post
reanjr said:
Function overload to handle differing levels in the party:
Ummm... My first glance at your code looks like it's just adding up the party members' levels. But unfortunately that doesn't give you a correct party level answer. The actual formula is rather more complicated.

Remove ads