• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Excel Spreadsheet to calculate exp for 3.5

Greyhawk_DM

First Post
Does anyone have or know where I can find a excel spreadsheet that will calculate exp for a group of adventurers based on the level and number of monsters they fight.

TIA!

Festivus

First Post
After much seeking and not finding what I wanted I designed my own campaign xp and magic item tracking excel sheet.

You can get it from my site at http://www.zackfamily.com/excel/Campaign Tracking.xls

It is pretty straightforward to use. Here are the columns:
  • Session Date - Date of the encounter
  • Encounter # - Something I use to track where the encounter came from, it's free form so you could put "Dungeon 124 - Whispering Cairn - Rm 11" or whatever you want.
  • Encounter Name - Name of the creature, trap, roleplay exp, etc
  • # of Creatures - Multiplier for the CR column, so make sure all creatures are the same CR here
  • CR - Enter the CR for a single creature in the encounter (regardless of the count)
  • Character 1-8 - The heading is where you can edit to put the character name, the columns below you enter the level of the character at the time of that encounter. If you want the character to count towards the number of characters in the encounter but want that character to receive no exp, enter a 0. Leave blank to get no exp and not count towards the number of characters in an encounter.
  • Individual Experience Throttle - You can adjust the amount of exp each encounter gives a character. Simply adjust the percentile over the appropriate character. Useful for cohorts and the like.
  • Current Experience - Shows a running sum of the exp the character has earned.
  • Character Expereince (per Encounter) - You can override the formula to include adjustments to exp for craftnig, roleplay bonuses, etc.
There are also tabs for loot tracking and the XP Awards Table where you can track treasures or adjust the global exp table.

Remove ads