• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Excerpt: Humans as Monsters

FireLance

Legend
Sir Brennen said:
Seriously? No one has made a thread for this yet? It's been up over an hour.
It think interest has been focusing on the various "Humans as early recipients of the 4e books" threads that have been popping up recently. :p

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Why bother? A 20 minute download later you can look for them on MMp162-3 yourself.

Basically the early release and subsequent pdf leak has made all the scoops redundant at this point.

mjukglass

First Post
Im disappointed by the lack of human npc:s. Clerics (leaders), knights (defenders) and a slew of other standard human npc:s is missing. I guess you can use the other humanoids (kobolds/orcs whatever) stats and call them humans but the MM fails in giving me as a gm a easy time.

mjukglass

First Post
HeavenShallBurn said:
Why bother? A 20 minute download later you can look for them on MMp162-3 yourself.

Basically the early release and subsequent pdf leak has made all the scoops redundant at this point.

Yup. Seconded. Now everybody isn't downloading but everybody should realize that most of us have the full PDF - while waiting for my preordered giftset + 2 PH:s mind you.

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
mjukglass said:
Im disappointed by the lack of human npc:s. Clerics (leaders), knights (defenders) and a slew of other standard human npc:s is missing. I guess you can use the other humanoids (kobolds/orcs whatever) stats and call them humans but the MM fails in giving me as a gm a easy time.
Yep all they do are peasants, some bandits, a berserker, and a low level mage. No leaders or knights or anything else beyond a bare few examples.

Thasmodious

First Post
mjukglass said:

Didn't read the whole excerpt? The DMG has a whole chapter on modifying, improving, templating NPCs and monsters. Take a basic human, add the cleric template - bam. Take your basic human soldier add a warlord template - bam. It really is as easy as they claim. The rules for modifying monsters are streamlined, quick, easy, and very functional. And, you are still free to build a big NPC along the same guidelines as a PC if you need that level of depth or complexity. Honestly, its never been easier for a DM.

Korgoth

First Post
FireLance said:
You're looking at the pdf that WotC actually officially released as a preview. ;)

Don't they know that there are a few of us LG types out here who haven't torrented the books and would have enjoyed a regular preview?

Remove ads