• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Excerpt: Humans as Monsters

FireLance

Legend
Korgoth said:
Don't they know that there are a few of us LG types out here who haven't torrented the books and would have enjoyed a regular preview?
Technically, it was a preview, just not a preview of the entire Human entry in the MM. I believe the Ice Archon preview was similarly incomplete (and also one page long).

Sojorn

First Post
FireLance said:
Technically, it was a preview, just not a preview of the entire Human entry in the MM. I believe the Ice Archon preview was similarly incomplete (and also one page long).
Orcs spoiled it all.

mjukglass

First Post
Thasmodious said:
Didn't read the whole excerpt? The DMG has a whole chapter on modifying, improving, templating NPCs and monsters. Take a basic human, add the cleric template - bam. Take your basic human soldier add a warlord template - bam. It really is as easy as they claim. The rules for modifying monsters are streamlined, quick, easy, and very functional. And, you are still free to build a big NPC along the same guidelines as a PC if you need that level of depth or complexity. Honestly, its never been easier for a DM.

Yeah I know. I've read it. Still, I bought the MM to have as a tool and a quick look up. If I look up human in the MM I wont have the general and basic archetypes. Sure I can make them myself, but that isn't really the point is it.

I would like to see a human wizard SOLO npc. There is no SOLO template in the DM and I would like to have a Solo Mage as the boss in my first story arc.

Quickleaf

Legend
HeavenShallBurn said:
Why bother? A 20 minute download later you can look for them on MMp162-3 yourself.

Basically the early release and subsequent pdf leak has made all the scoops redundant at this point.
Whoa! That's the first I've heard of this. When was the pdf first leaked? Has it been discussed on enworld already?

I sincerely hope this doesn't impact sales of 4e!

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Quickleaf said:
Whoa! That's the first I've heard of this. When was the pdf first leaked? Has it been discussed on enworld already?

Only for the past couple days. Seriously run a google search and you'll have it in under an hour including download time assuming you have a good connection.

Quickleaf said:

Another post indicates that 4E first print run (with a larger initial volume then 3E) is already sold out due to pre-orders. So I don't think so.

I generally do not believe that people that really like what they see would be stopped from buying the actual rulebooks.

MindWanderer

First Post
Quickleaf said:

You forgot your [/sarcasm] tag.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads