Excerpt: Minions. Go forth mine minions! Bring havoc with your 1 hp [merged]

keterys

First Post
The DDM stats have never been all that useful... that's what I've been trying to say :) A minion with just enough hits that it'll survive sometimes _and_ a small amount of regeneration? WAY too much overhead.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Very nice reasoning as to the why and how of Minions. Definitely one of my favourite parts of 4e.

Cheers!

Rechan

Adventurer
Very well! Then we shall be the thread of merriment and good spirits! And when the mods merge these threads, we shall be lively! Ho ho!

So. When do we get a henchmen monsters? :)

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Anyone else want to give some of them spears? So they get some nasty range attack while still having their nice Squad Defence.

Edit: *Gives Rechan thread peace treaty* We should get henchmen in about 19 days.

Lurker37

Explorer
Based on this excerpt, the vampire spawn must have been an artifact of an older version of the 4E rules.

Minions no longer have hit points. They die on any hit, no matter how little damage it does, but survive any miss, no matter how much damage a miss still does.

Crashy75

First Post
VBMEW-01 said:
A great change in making them survive a miss. My sister's used her character's daily on a minion the other day (yeah, I know that one sounds odd but she didn't know it was a minion :) ) and when she missed it died. I guess in retrospect it shouldn't have, but I'm kinda glad it worked out that way because we had a near TPK on our hands there (she had 3 hp and the rest were downed)
That's the reason why I'm iffy on that rule.

LordArchaon

Explorer
Hmm I still hope though. It just needs a good level balance as I envision it.

(Look my previous post above for a thought on the AC of the previewed guys)

catsclaw227

First Post
I am liking the way minions are set up. A plot device that sucks up PC rounds to be dealt with. If you can hit it with a weapon, it's gone, but it still requires an attack against it. An attack that the PC wishes was focused on the encounter bosses.

Simple, easy to scale up, and an effective plot device.

Excellent.

Remove ads