Exclusive content not so exclusive anymore.....Thank God!

aarduini

Explorer
So, it looks like we had an Epic in California. It was down in LA, but at least it was somewhat local. I unfortunately didn't hear about until it was too late, but I'm glad it happened. How did it go? Was the experience lessened because of the size of the con? Thank you Admins for listening. I'm hearing faint rumors that there might be one at Kublacon in the SF Bay area as well. That would be Awesome! I think we are now moving in the right direction.

Now I just need to keep beating the admins (as a collective and virtually of course) over the head until I can have my Genasi with SCAG cantrips (The Genasi reference is just an example and not my sole reason for wanting the content freed up).

Anyway, Thank you for making Epics available to those in California who don't want to pay 600-1000 dollars to travel to Indiana to play DND.

Last edited:

kalani

First Post
It is the goal for Epics to be more accessible to the public, at more conventions.

To qualify to host an Epic, the convention must be able to host a minimum of 10 tables. Comic Expo's are usually disqualified from hosting an Epic but exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis.
  • DDEP4 requires a minimum of two tables of each tier (tier 1, tier 2, tier 3).

Last edited:

mflayermonk

First Post
So, it looks like we had an Epic in California. It was down in LA, but at least it was somewhat local. I unfortunately didn't hear about until it was too late, but I'm glad it happened. How did it go? Was the experience lessened because of the size of the con?

Here are photos and comments on facebook. There were 29 or 30 tables playing.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/LAX.DnD.Adventurers.League/permalink/986651958076188/

photo.php

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206698134105597&set=gm.993777787363605&type=3&theater

Last edited:

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.
I'm curious what the poster meant who said she wished the event had been run with more 'integrity'.

--
Pauper

kalani

First Post
For those of you who live in the frozen north, I myself will be running the DDEP4 Epic at SentryCon on April 2nd. This one-day convention is being hosted by the Sentry Box in Calgary, Alberta (Canada).

Raddu

Explorer
THat's not exactly correct, the only older Epics we give are the previous seasons if it's close to the beginning of the season. I'd cut that bit out of your post Kalani.

kalani

First Post
Ammendment: Apparently there might have been some miscommunication regarding previous epics. My information was correct as per information given during this weeks meetings but that information itself may have been erroneous.

devlin1

Explorer
FWIW, Strategicon also hosted the season 3 Epic back in September, and we've been told that in May (there are three Strategicon conventions a year) they'll have the season 4 Epic as well. So yeah, it's on.

I ran a Tier 1 table of EP3 at the con last weekend, and it's my understanding we had 30 tables.

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
Yeah I was reading on facebook that both Eyecon in Sydney and a UK Games Convention will both have REclamation of Phlan soonish. I was hoping to get some time off to get to Sydney but it dosnt appear likely sadly.

Remove ads