• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Exit 23

Jarval

Explorer
Setting quickly to work, John manages to fashion four Molotov cocktails out of empty soda bottles and various suitably flammable liquids taken from the kitchen. Handing out these improvised weapons, along with the lighters, the groups feels a little more confident in it's armoury. That said, the sight of Daunte swinging the gas cylinder around is more than a little unnerving in itself...

OOC: Right, if anyone's got anything they want to do before making a sorty outside, you've got until Monday, then I'll make the next update. Good luck... :D

Vardeman

First Post
Danny, if there's an extra gas cylinder, will finish his makeshift flamethrower and head out with the rest of the guys. If anyone notices his lips moving and listens closely, they might recognize a litany of prayers to a God that even he didn't realize he still believed in.

V

Last edited:

loxmyth

First Post
Daunte accepts the improvised molotov cocktail from John with a raised eyebrow, then his face breaks into an encouraging smile. "There's a really story behind this, I can tell." His gaze sweeps about the room for a moment, and then he moves to position himself beside the door, peering out sideways out into the wintry world outside.

"He could be anywhere out there, waiting for us. Think he has a gun?"

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
John smiles warmly back, breaking out of his reverie. "Would we act any differently if he did?" he asks rhetorically. "Although," he says, forcing the words through his reluctant mouth. "I'm beggining to think that... well, maybe...." He pauses, the shrugs and smiles wanly. "You saw the icicles, among other things." He sounds like he's trying to convince himself of something, although not even he would be able to tell if asked what.

ooc: Out of curiosity, how many empty glass bottles can John shove into his bag? Consider it filled to capacity, if there's enough soda/beer around to do so....

Jarval

Explorer
John finds a dozen more empty bottles, and sticks them in his bag. Seems like Mabel hasn't cleared out the empties for a couple of days...

OOC: So, still no real update. I go into more detail about why in another thread, but the short version is that it'll be Friday morning before I update. I'm really sorry about this, but I've got a majorly overdue assignment that I'm struggling with. It's got to be handed in tomorrow by midnight, hence the Friday morning update.

Jarval

Explorer
Danny spends a few minutes tinkering with the various items that he's gathered. The result is a somewhat ugly looking collection of plastic tubing around the small gas cylinder and a lighter. How effective it will be is yet to be discovered, but it sure as hell looks dangerous...

Now armed to the teeth, the group makes its way out to the lobby. Carefully, Ben pushes the door open and you make your way out into the parking lot. After only five struggling steps out into the deep drifts, the wind just stops. Its eerily quiet as the snow gently falls around you...

OOC: OK, actions from everyone please. I want to know where you're all heading, who's taking the lead, and so on.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
John gulps nervously, and wishes they'd talked this out earlier. "Uh, OK, I'm going to the pumps. Erm, Danny, come with me?" He's not wildly enthusiastic about being anywhere near the makeshift flamethrower, but the only two heavily armed people are the park ranger and him, and the ranger needs to open his car.... John begins trudging as quickly as possible through the snow, pulling his coat close around him. "Good luck, guys," he says over his shoulder. "See you in the restaurant."

Vardeman

First Post
Danny, none too enthusiastic about getting near the gas pumps with his contraption, follows behind John, walking backwards and trying to look everywhere at once.

V

Remove ads