• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Exit 23

Jarval

Explorer
The donut shop:

Daunte, John, and Ahmed move across to the store, your speed rather hampered by the lack of light. Ahmed unlocks the steel grating over the door and slides it up, allowing you all to enter. You find several flashlights, and with this new illumination, move quickly to the rest room.

The washroom:

BJ does what he can to stem the flow of bleeding, but it's obvious that you'll need a proper medical kit for the man to stand any chance of survival. You hear the sound of rapidly approaching footsteps, then the room is again lit, as three men with flash lights file in the doorway.

Ben:

You dash back to the donut shop, passing Daunte and John as they go into the store. Sweeping the torch quickly around the donut shop, you do a head count, and find everyone you'd expect to be in there.

You head out of the lobby and are just about to venture out into the parking lot, when CLICK, the headlights of every car in the lot switch on simultaneously. Over the moaning of the storm, you hear a cacophony of horns and car alarms going off all at once, followed by the sounds of breaking glass from the far end of the lot.

ErichDragon

First Post
Ben gazes out the door in pure astonishment. His modern mind runs throught the possibilites that could cause this kind of mechanical malfunction. Quickly he abandons scientific thought and relies on the more intuitive nature of his ancestors.

With a quick prayer to the Mountain Spirits and his forefathers, Ben sprints to the doctors car, knowing that the medical kit there is the only chance to save the man who is bleeding out on the floor.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
John gasps and grows pale, his eyes widening, as he sees the wounded man on the floor. He swallows, averts his eys, then asks of the man kneeling over him, "Okay, whatdowedo now?"

loxmyth

First Post
Daunte couldn't take his eyes off the wounded man. "I dunno," he muttered distractedly. So much blood... He stared over at the man who kneeled over the bleeding man, staunching the flow of blood.

"What can we do to help? My first aid's rusty and I'd guess we don't want to move him, but there's gotta be something we can do to help?"

While waiting for the man to answer, he runs his flashlight along the other walls, trying to get the lay of the room, and figure out where all the ice came from.

tmart

First Post
BJ stares at the executive's body for a moment, blood on his hands, and pondering the icicle stuck into his abdomen. Damn, that's weird, he thinks.
"On second thought, I'm not moving him until the icicle is out, and I won't do that without my kit. Is there anything around can double as a stretcher?"

Jarval

Explorer
The Washroom:

John and Daunte recall seeing a tent in the store, that, with some adjustments, could make a reasonable stretcher.

In a gap in the talk, all three of you hear the faint sound of something moving in the adjacent room...

The Parking Lot:

Ben move cautiously out from the rest stop. After only a couple of steps out from the doorway, he's up to knee-deep in snow. After a couple more struggling steps, much to Ben's relief, the wind and snowfall slacken off slightly.

This relief is short lived, as Ben instinctively throws himself sideways, a pure white snarling shape sailing over his shoulder. Landing gracefully, the wolf-like creature spins around to face the Ranger, eyes glowing with bright red malice. It leers unpleasantly at him, before starting to run hard towards Ben, teeth bared.

Last edited:

ErichDragon

First Post
If Ben thinks he can make it back inside before the wolf-creature reaches him he will. If not he will plant his feet and fire off as many rounds as he can at the creature.

loxmyth

First Post
Daunte nods at the man on the floor. "Yeah, there was a... a canvas tent or something back in the store. How about the two of us go grab it," he suggests, glancing over at John. "Here, take this." He moves towards BJ to hand him his flashlight, but stops dead in his tracks when he hears the sound of movement a room over.

Looking from man to man, fear evident on his face, he mouths 'what was that?' to the others.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
John clears his throat nervously, and then straightens a little. Stop being such a wimp he berates himself. You're not five anymore, scared of what's under the bed. "It was just the park ranger," he says with a fair amount of confidence. "C'mon, let's get that tent." And with that, he pushes open door and starts moving towards the shop, his confidence already flagging. He does his best to steel himself again.

Sixchan

First Post
Nick watches everthing going on with a little confusion. Deciding that it isn't safe, he heads for the door. "I think I'm gonna go get my Nunchaku...as a precaution. I'll be back soon."

When he reaches the door, if he sees Ben running back inside, he opens the door to let him in faster, and shuts it straight away. If Ben is standing his ground, Nick swears audibly and rushes out to help him.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads