• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Expeditious Dodge as a prerequisite feat

Pazu

First Post
Hi all--

The description of the Expeditious Dodge feat in Races of the Wild (+2 dodge bonus to AC if you've moved more than 30 ft) states that this feat counts as Dodge for purposes of fulfilling prerequisites.

My question is, how does this work with respect to subsequent feats which require the character to "choose an opponent to be affected by the Dodge feat" (e.g. Elusive Target)?

a) Once you gain the AC bonus from moving, the subsequent feat can affect any and all opponents who attack you.

b) Once you gain the AC bonus from moving, you can choose one opponent to affect with the subsequent feat.

c) Since you don't choose an opponent at all when using Expeditious Dodge, the benefits of the subsequent feat just don't apply.

d) Other interpretations?

Any and all input is welcome!

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I'd rule that it means: designate one opponent, against whom you gain a +0 Dodge bonus to AC, and whatever benefit the new feat grants. :)

Cheers, -- N

Pazu

First Post
Nifft said:
I'd rule that it means: designate one opponent, against whom you gain a +0 Dodge bonus to AC, and whatever benefit the new feat grants. :)

Hmm. Regardless of whether or not you've moved enough to receive your dodge bonus to AC?

Remove ads