• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Explain the Tiny Blankets

Merlion

First Post
I'm watching my cheaply Ebay baught Neon Genesis Evangelion DVDs right now, and we're at the Shinji/Kaworu bedroom scene and I'm wondering to myself...

Why do the Japanease have such tiny little blankets on their beds? I notice it a lot in Eva, and I think i've seen it in other Anime as well...these super narrow little blankets that barely cover the central area of the body...

Anybody have any insight?

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Merlion said:
Why do the Japanease have such tiny little blankets on their beds? I notice it a lot in Eva, and I think i've seen it in other Anime as well...these super narrow little blankets that barely cover the central area of the body...

I've never seen Eva, but I don't really remember this from other series; could you mention which ones? All I've seen are the futons and those always have the big cover that goes over the entire body.

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Uzumaki said:
It's called a towelket, and is used as a light blanket in the summer.
Interesting. I never saw these while I was in Japan. But then again, in the summer I used no blanket, and an oscillating fan blowing over me on a timer when I went to sleep. Yeesh it was hot! :p

Merlion

First Post
WayneLigon said:
I've never seen Eva, but I don't really remember this from other series; could you mention which ones? All I've seen are the futons and those always have the big cover that goes over the entire body.

Honestly I cant remember specifically...I've seen a lot of anime...but I seem to remember it as a pretty pervasive. Maybe Tenchi

It's called a towelket, and is used as a light blanket in the summer

Hmmm well "light" I could understand, but using something the width of a bath towel as a bed-blanket just seems weird to me.

Remove ads