• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Exploring the Hase-Suna Complex (Manzanita judging) [Concluded]

TwistedMindInc

First Post
Payne nods, moving by Lokin to the closed door. Predatory pools shift from the barrier to the hallway, and with a shrug she goes to work on the door. Checking it for the obvious trap or it being locked.

hero4hire

Explorer
Kol waited as Payne checked over the door. He eyed the surrounding area suspiciously. This time there would be no more surprises.

orsal

LEW Judge
Payne checks the door carefully. It is locked, but not trapped to the best that she can tell.

She hears a rustling sound coming from the other side.

hero4hire

Explorer
orsal said:
Payne checks the door carefully. It is locked, but not trapped to the best that she can tell.

She hears a rustling sound coming from the other side.

Kol, noting Payne unable to open the door normally
asks quietly; "So do we pick it or bust it down?"

orsal

LEW Judge
Payne gives Kol her answer by starting to fiddle with the lock. It takes her a couple minutes, but she eventually breaks it. Before opening the door, she whispers to the rest of you, ``Careful. I hear something moving on the other side.``

Lot

First Post
Lokin moves into position besides Kol if there is room. If not he will move in front (if Kol allows it) or right behind. He motions for Payne to open the door (if it opens out) or for Kol to kick it (if it opens in).

orsal

LEW Judge
Payne quietly opens the door. The room is about 15' wide, extending ahead to the left at an angle, and to the right tapering off. There is a wind blowing. As soon as you open the door, it extinguishes your torch.

Lot

First Post
Lokin instinctively drops into a low defensive stance, ducking his head and neck behind his shield.

"Quickly, light the torch. Zurd, tell us what we're looking at."

Lokin waits for the impact of an attack from the dark.

orsal

LEW Judge
I don't know if we've lost DerHauptman for good, or if he's just on assignment that takes him away from the internet for a month. For now...

Zurd replies, "Don't be afraid of the wind. There's nobody here but us. I see a bunch of armour and weapon racks, but not much on them."

Kongu gets out another torch and lights it. "It's the wind. What is making that down here? Can we cover this with something to protect it from the wind?"

Once she has torchlight to see by, Payne points out vents in the ceiling. Kongu notes, "That could be ground level. This ceiling is higher than in the other rooms. If the wind is coming from there, then there's probably nothing dangerous in here."

hero4hire

Explorer
orsal said:
I don't know if we've lost DerHauptman for good, or if he's just on assignment that takes him away from the internet for a month. For now...

Zurd replies, "Don't be afraid of the wind. There's nobody here but us. I see a bunch of armour and weapon racks, but not much on them."

Kongu gets out another torch and lights it. "It's the wind. What is making that down here? Can we cover this with something to protect it from the wind?"

Once she has torchlight to see by, Payne points out vents in the ceiling. Kongu notes, "That could be ground level. This ceiling is higher than in the other rooms. If the wind is coming from there, then there's probably nothing dangerous in here."

"Well let us search the room and move on then."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads