Extreme self-preservation

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Ranged rogue is fairly useless the exception being assassin with hand crossbow and the crossbow expert feat.

I had players who ran around doing f all. His wizard friend would use misty step and spam fire bolt a lot. The idiot thought dealing 5.5 damage or 11 damage was worth wasting daily slots on.

Best debuff is death.

These players are basically disruptive. At best it's annoying at the worst they get other players killed. Ended up booting them as they were the CN stereotype or chaotic stupid.

My last game had a ranged rogue who was devastating. But maybe he was just the recipient of great luck on dice rolling.

Zardnaar

Legend
My last game had a ranged rogue who was devastating. But maybe he was just the recipient of great luck on dice rolling.

They can work its just better in melee. If you dual wield you more or less double your chances to sneak attack and don't suck up a -2 penalty to hit. Splash a fighter level dex to damage with your off hand as well more or less an extra 25% damage as well. I'll use a bow as a Rogue of course but only if I am low on hit points (under half) or can't reach the opponent. Also depends on the rest of the party if only the fighter is melee and the wizrd, rogue and cleric are all ranged that is another thing to go wrong.

If you're in melee you inflict more damage, give opponents an extra target to hit and at higher levels can halve the damage. If you do your job properly the party takes less damage as well.

These players kept running away leaving 1 person to take the brunt of the incoming attacks. Sometimes they got themselves killed but it became an issue when they were getting other players hurt because of their stupidity. Asked them to stop doing it, then formally point blank told to play properly (basically don't undermine the others) and when they kept doing it bye bye.

Can't fix stupid.

Last edited:

Remove ads