• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Extremely OT) help with Excel

redwing00

First Post
Im not sure I should even post this, but I really do need help. Im running a game in a couple of days and needed to create a couple of PrC's and Core Classes. I was going to use excel and found the process difficult. Its easy to get the most of the info typed in and I even figured out how to make every other row a yellowish color like in 3.5 books. What I can't do is get the numbers to be +1 or +2, the +'s seem to vanish after I hit enter. How do I fix this problem? This may sound ridiculously easy, but I'm not very good with computers. Thanks!

EricNoah

Adventurer
redwing00 said:
Im not sure I should even post this, but I really do need help. Im running a game in a couple of days and needed to create a couple of PrC's and Core Classes. I was going to use excel and found the process difficult. Its easy to get the most of the info typed in and I even figured out how to make every other row a yellowish color like in 3.5 books. What I can't do is get the numbers to be +1 or +2, the +'s seem to vanish after I hit enter. How do I fix this problem? This may sound ridiculously easy, but I'm not very good with computers. Thanks!

Type

'+2

and see what you get.

(Moving this to the Computers/Software forum too btw).

Jeremy

Explorer
It thinks you are notating a positive number. You can either tell it to leave the text entered alone by formatting the cell as text, or enter the cell as '+1

The ' mark says not to touch the formatting of the cell.

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
Choose the cells with the numbers. Choose Format->Cells

Choose Custom. In the Type box, enter "+0;-0", without the quotes. Hit OK.

Your positive numbers will appear as +1, +2, etc and your negative numbers as -1, -2, etc.

Andargor

Last edited:

Remove ads