Eyes Of The Lich Queen OOC

drothgery

First Post
In the backwoods of Q'Barra, it's unlikely that the church has any artificers; any it has -- and most are tied to House Cannith, Zilargo, or Breland -- are likely to be in Flamekeep where there's more market for their wares.

Having said that, if you've got access to Five Nations, here's an idea...
[sblock]
Khalia's father is a high-ranking member of the Argentum, a secret group in Thrane that works to keep powerful magic items out of the hands of the enemies of Thrane and the Church (Khalia is, at this time, quite unaware of this). It's possible that your character also has ties to the Argentum, Lord Alistair ir'Indari sent you to Khalia for one reason or another, and you were snapped up by the Elder's crusade unwittingly much like she was.
[/sblock]

Autumn

First Post
Well Jina's speech was originally yellow and that suited her, but I guess it's best to keep her color distinct from Jango's. So I'll follow your lead, Defcon, and use the same pale yellow that you did when you NPCd her.

She's up in the RG now. :)

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Voda Vosa said:
Does the silver flame have a crafter working for them? I was thinking that Hutty may be this crafter and was required to accompany the crusade to supply it with all sort of magical gadgets. Is this general concept alright? Is it plausible?
I'll just cut to the chase... as it stands right now with what you've presented... the answer in my mind is 'no, it is not plausible'. The Church in Newthrone isn't that big that they'd require their own artificer, not when House Cannith has already been established in the storyline with having a pair of shops in the city and have been doing work for the Church for this crusade. Sorry to be so blunt... but I didn't want to say 'no' outright because there was a chance you might have had this really awesome idea already that would have made me go "Ah! I get it! That rocks!" Since it appears as though you don't have some background already created to explain away why a gnome artificer who isn't a member of House Cannith but instead a member of the Church of the Silver Flame and has found himself in Q'Barra and is required to go on this crusade with a bunch of warriors, paladins, and clerics... I'm going to have to say 'no' to this character. Sorry.

I cannot stress enough Voda Vosa... there is the list of the very plausible character breakdowns in the very first post that say quite specifically the kinds of characters that are much, much easier to justify in this game. You have to decide what's more important to you... this particular game because you like the storyline and want to be a part of it... or the desire to "play race XXX and class XXX because I've never done that before." (which seems to be why you keep throwing out classes like shugenja, warlock, and artificer - all the more obscure and esoteric classes). If it's the latter, then I'd recommend waiting for a new game to start up that is completely fresh and has no backstory or character requirements, because they're much more likely to have space for a dwarven shugenja that is looking for information on some assassins that killed his friends.

Thanx for your interest in the game... but I'm wondering if perhaps this game isn't really going to give you what you are looking for? I really don't know.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Autumn said:
Well Jina's speech was originally yellow and that suited her, but I guess it's best to keep her color distinct from Jango's. So I'll follow your lead, Defcon, and use the same pale yellow that you did when you NPCd her.

She's up in the RG now. :)

I'm okay with Pale Yellow if you are (and you don't mind having to use the html color code rather than ones from the pull-down menu). However, I do want to make sure that our other players' monitors can tell the difference. I know many times certain colors look fine on one person's monitor, but on another the colors appear too bright, or too dim, or it's hard to tell them apart. I tried to select that specific pale yellow because I thought it would be noticably different than standard yellow and it wasn't a big deal when she was just an NPC for Velmont... but now that she's back to being a PC, everybody please let me know if you can't tell the two yellows apart. Thanx!

And thanx to everyone who has put their character into the Rogue's Gallery thread. Those who remain... get them up when you can. Thanx!

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Velmont said:
Well, from twins, I think that's fine :)
That was exactly why I selected it. When Jina was the PC first, she had Yellow. When Jango became the PC, he also was Yellow. When Jina returned as an NPC I thought having a paler yellow made sense since yellow was her original color and they were both twins. The irony of course being their last name is 'Silversun' and yet their color is Yellow. Don't ask me why Rayex chose that color in the first place. :)

Velmont

First Post
I don't know, but I choosed Yellow because it is the color I have with all my characters, so that way, I don't have to think 'What color did I choosed for this character.'. Also, it fit well with the standard dark background fo ENWorld. I'm not sure how many choose another look for the board and can't tell if Yellow is as good for teh other styles.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
They're a bit close colorwise, and a quick glance wouldn't show a large difference. Context helps, of course.

drothgery

First Post
I can barely tell the difference between the colors @ home. Shows up better at work, but that's probably just tweaking monitor settings.

Remove ads