• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fabletop - Roleplaying on the Web (Beta)

joelesko

Explorer
I've been working on a web-based virtual tabletop, and it's finally in open Beta.

Fabletop has everything built-in, including a simple ruleset (d6 dice pools) for casual, freeform gaming.

When you register, you get your own "table" page, where you can GM games any time.

Fabletop.com

I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

splash_screen_forum.png

Last edited:

joelesko

Explorer
Update - v1.02 Beta

Lots of things have been added in this update:

- 100 new miniatures
- Color panel for miniatures (21 colors)
- 23 new battlemats
- All battlemats are full-sized (30% larger)
- In-game battlemat editor
- New miniatures and battlemats suitable for a "Space Future" setting
- Colored dice (click the Dice button on the chat panel)
- Various bugfixes

Most new features fall under the Advanced membership, which will be available soon as a way to support the site.

For now, if you already have a group to play with, and would like to playtest the Advanced features in an actual game, just send me a private message.

Thanks!

kitsune9

Adventurer
That's impressive for a solo effort. How many hours would you say you put into building what you have so far in terms of coding and programming?

windmark728

First Post
Sweet!; although it would be nice to see typical dice capability. Can a GM create custom maps, or fiddle with existing maps? And can custom miniatures be created?

joelesko

Explorer
How many hours would you say you put into building what you have so far in terms of coding and programming?

I started working on it over a year ago. But design probably took as long as the actual programming.

Sweet!; although it would be nice to see typical dice capability. Can a GM create custom maps, or fiddle with existing maps? And can custom miniatures be created?

GMs with the Advanced setup can edit/create battlemats and re-color the existing miniatures on-the-fly. Custom miniatures aren't really supported right now because they need to follow a pretty specific format to look good at this scale. A lot of minis can be re-purposed with just a color change, but I will be adding more minis, which should cover most needs.

joelesko

Explorer
The latest update includes a few new community features:

- Follower & Wait List system, to make finding games easier.
- Chat log archives for each table, with editable Snippets.
- A Player XP (PXP) system, gained by playing Fabletop sessions.
- You can now upgrade to Advanced mode manually via Edit Profile.

The full list is here:
V1.04 Beta - Followers & Chat Logs - Fabletop

The previous update (which I forgot to post here) included:
- Streaming music
- Save/load scenes
- Sci-fi miniatures

If it's been a while since you've checked out Fabletop, now might be a good time to check it out. =)

Thanks

Last edited:

Remove ads