• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Facebook D&D Application

Nadaka

First Post
So... Is this game using WotC IP, logo's, designated creatures, copywritten ability text?

If so, is it licensed in any way? I am not going to join facebook just to find out.

But I smell a DMCA notice in the wind.

vic20

Fool
So... Is this game using WotC IP, logo's, designated creatures, copywritten ability text?

If so, is it licensed in any way? I am not going to join facebook just to find out.

But I smell a DMCA notice in the wind.

The game is a wizards of the coast product/project.

renau1g

First Post
& it's super-crashy... another stellar WOTC online product...

I know it's through facebook, but still... I really hope DDI is better, the concept of the mini-game is not bad, get some people looking at D&D, maybe even intrigue a few new gamers, I'm all for that, but the constant issues will turn people away so quickly. Also, it's not exactly representative of D&D, i.e. solo character taking on the world, lack of involvement/decision-making skills, etc.

Also, wouldn't these developer's time be better served getting the items that were supposed to be released at launch out to the public? I still am bitter about that.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
Wow. Let's all take a deep breath here.

This is a Facebook application, folks...not an interactive version of the Dungeons and Dragons role-playing game. This is not, nor was it ever meant to be, a D&D emulator. It is not a substitute or replacement for DDO, DDI, or DDwhatever. It's barely a "game" at all.

More than anything else, Tiny Adventures is an interactive advertisement for the D&D product. And as much as I hate online ads, I have to admit: this one is pretty slick. It introduces the product in a simple and straightforward manner, uses effective writing and artwork, generates interest and discussion, and it even gives you little rewards every time you click on it.

And best (worst?) of all, it's catchy. Like that damned "Free Credit Report Dot Com" theme song.

So throw Wizards of the Coast a bone, and check it out. Become a fan of the application, and invite your friends. Help those Wizards generate some buzz about their product--our hobby will be better for it.

Last edited:

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Dammit, it keeps crashing on me :(

And I was up to level 2 on my rogue!

Whose bright idea was it to advertise it here so that everyone would go and play and crash the application?

renau1g

First Post
More than anything else, Tiny Adventures is an interactive advertisement for the D&D product. And as much as I hate online ads, I have to admit: this one is pretty slick. It introduces the product in a simple and straightforward manner, uses effective writing and artwork, generates interest and discussion, and it even gives you little rewards every time you click on it.

And best (worst?) of all, it's catchy. Like that damned "Free Credit Report Dot Com" theme song.

So throw Wizards of the Coast a bone, and check it out. Become a fan of the application, and invite your friends. Help those Wizards generate some buzz about their product--our hobby will be better for it.

I agree with you, but if it's meant as an advertisement, they really needed to ensure that they could handle the people wanting to play it as right now they've exceeded their limit of players (been this way since yesterday) and even when you can get on it's very glitchy (adding items randomly, not updating adventures, getting stuck on an encounter, etc.)

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
I agree with you, but if it's meant as an advertisement, they really needed to ensure that they could handle the people wanting to play it as right now they've exceeded their limit of players (been this way since yesterday) and even when you can get on it's very glitchy (adding items randomly, not updating adventures, getting stuck on an encounter, etc.)
(nod) I think they underestimated the popularity of their brand name. I get the feeling it might have worked a little too well...

Anyway, whenever I am able to log in it works just fine for me.

I don't know if it is a bug or not, but I noticed that the game seems to have a maximum timer of 10 minutes...so to make longer pauses, it uses multiple sets of 10-minute timers. One quest in particular had 8 segments, with 30-minute pauses between each segment. I thought I was "stuck" on the quest until I spotted a pattern.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads