• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Faction issue? One of my chars is in jail

Elendiel

First Post
Lately, I have been mostly playing a wizard character of mine, Venorael (he's level 19 now). He's of good alignment, and never had any problems, but today I noticed that the old woman in the Emporium, the twin to the Items merchant, showed up as hostile. As she was the only hostile NPC in that place, I thought it was a glitch...

... but then, later on, when I entered the Tavern, my familiar and my summon attacked the bard (who was probably showing as hostile too, I guess). Though I exited immediately, my Elder Elemental killed him with one hit. I got rid of them and reentered the Tavern to resurrect the NPC, but the whole place had gone hostile on me. Someone struck at me with his bare hand, prompting an attack of opportunity on my part, and I was instantly teleported to Jail.

I recall the same thing happened to Darius with that bard. Some kind of faction issue? I was back from the Temple, Catacombs and places like these, and had killed the Cesspool Dragon moments before with two companions, and I never, ever did anything even remotely shady anywhere. I didn't even break the Well! It wasn't me, guv'nor! ;)

Can we resolve this issue somehow? Morrus, I hope to be logging in around 4 pm your time. I hope you'll have rebooted the mod by then, fixing the other problems, but I'd like my char back, as this is the one I'm playing the most these days while others catch up with Elendiel the paladin. Pretty please? ;)

Elendiel

Last edited:

valn

First Post
Getting killed fixes the problem! ;)

I think you should be able to fix it as a DM, but as we didn't know how, Morrus killed my character and after a trip to Fugue, it was all right...

I suppose a reboot might work too (and be less painful ;) )

youspoonybard

First Post
Same thing happened to Phynetra...she made it by being invisible to her trips to the tavern merchant, and waited for a server reboot, which fixed the problem (a hard reboot).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads